What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

I’m thinking about how we encourage women to be confident until they’re actually confident and then we resent them. Do better

So we resent them? I think some are intimidated by a confident person in general be it man or woman but resent?

On a side note isn't resent a weird word....must be confusing for a non English speaker to think why are they re sending women for confidence 🤣
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Everyone sleeping? 😢

I’m thinking about how we encourage women to be confident until they’re actually confident and then we resent them. Do better

So we resent them? I think some are intimidated by a confident person in general be it man or woman but resent?

On a side note isn't resent a weird word....must be confusing for a non English speaker to think why are they re sending women for confidence 🤣
    Yeah, in my experience resent is accurate. I double checked with Google for the definition. It says a feeling of indignation or bitterness. It’s true that I can’t necessarily assess a persons interior emotions or motives but that seems about right.

Yes it is a weird word

Eta: I think some people make the mistake of thinking that a confident person doesn’t just think well of themselves but rather thinks better of themselves than they do of anyone else. I can think I’m awesome while I also think you are awesome
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    It's beautiful an cook out, the windows are open and everyone is getting their grass cut today
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Just finished a 4 mile walk with a friend. We normally have coffee after, but not today.
    Today we had coffee first... mixing it up.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Just finished a 4 mile walk with a friend. We normally have coffee after, but not today.

Glad you’re incorporating a little variety
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I was at Sam's buying groceries yesterday and all I kept thinking about was I only have to really make dinner for me now. My oldest is moving out next week. My other younger kids don't eat what I make and I almost cried 😭 It's hitting me hard now that she's leaving.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    Options

Saucy!
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    I was at Sam's buying groceries yesterday and all I kept thinking about was I only have to really make dinner for me now. My oldest is moving out next week. My other younger kids don't eat what I make and I almost cried 😭 It's hitting me hard now that she's leaving.

I feel this too. 🤗
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I am borderline obsessed with picking enough blackberries for a cobbler.
    cidjhbo9oxrm.jpg I usually have a coffee cup in the car, but not today. Had to improvise...
    And now I need to buy more Tecnu poison ivy scrub...
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cidjhbo9oxrm.jpg I usually have a coffee cup in the car, but not today. Had to improvise...

Ouch. I hope it clears up quickly
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2022
    Options

Oh thank you, but I'm fine. I'm actually not sure I even got into any poison ivy. BUT, I did brush past a lot of viny stuff (we have a lot of Virginia Creeper here - I'm sensitive to that) and some brambles scratched my arms. If you get into poison ivy or oak and use this stuff right after, it's a great preventative measure - like magic fairy dust. It completely washes away the oils that cause the rash and itching. I always make sure to have a tube of it on-hand.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Oh thank you, but I'm fine. I'm actually not sure I even got into any poison ivy. BUT, I did brush past a lot of viny stuff (we have a lot of Virginia Creeper here - I'm sensitive to that) and some brambles scratched my arms. If you get into poison ivy or oak and use this stuff right after, it's a great preventative measure - like magic fairy dust. It completely washes away the oils that cause the rash and itching. I always make sure to have a tube of it on-hand.
    This is good information, thank you. I’m going to share it with a friend who is sensitive. And isn’t it funny how Virginia creeper is so often where you find poison ivy?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

🤗

Crazy how soon that starts! With work/activities/friends half the time I only have 2 kids at home. Hugs mama, I’m excited for your oldest.💗
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    I mean, I guess they are trying.. or at least staffing. I might try to get an interview just so I can ask some questions.

jajy3gpckykg.png
  • MelG7777
    Options
    I mean, I guess they are trying.. or at least staffing. I might try to get an interview just so I can ask some questions.

jajy3gpckykg.png

Omggg! I have zero experience. I’m applying.
  • FeastRepeat
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

jajy3gpckykg.png

HIRED!!!
  • MelG7777
    Options

jajy3gpckykg.png

HIRED!!!

Thanks!

One time I made the very bold move of putting the MFP CEO as my crush in the crush thread. I really hope people don’t think that’s why I got the job.
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

jajy3gpckykg.png

HIRED!!!

Thanks!

One time I made the very bold move of putting the MFP CEO as my crush in the crush thread. I really hope people don’t think that’s why I got the job.

Yea. I hope not. I slept my way to the bottom.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options

jajy3gpckykg.png

Austin…….. that explains why no one is working.
    And look…… they are all out in the dang greenhouse! 😂
  • FeastRepeat
    Options

jajy3gpckykg.png

Austin…….. that explains why no one is working.
    And look…… they are all out in the dang greenhouse! 😂

😂 Looks like most of their software positions are remote.