What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    We have a red flags thread. We have a dealbreaker thread. I feel like somebody sometime should have made a turn offs thread. I won’t do it because it’s too similar to the others but YOU should.

I think about starting new threads often but then I get worried that nobody posts in them 😆

That’s happened to me before and I have lived to tell the tale😬
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    We have a red flags thread. We have a dealbreaker thread. I feel like somebody sometime should have made a turn offs thread. I won’t do it because it’s too similar to the others but YOU should.

I think about starting new threads often but then I get worried that nobody posts in them 😆

tbh i’m so sensitive that i feel rejected when i make a thread and no one posts in it fr
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Okay if anyone needs a new thread started but the potential for rejection is too uncomfortable just send it my way and I’ll hook you up. Open offer to whomever.

Don’t mean to toot my own horn but this is kinda my specialty
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

We have a “deal breaker” thread. Is that more harsh than “turn offs”? I could bump her.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Okay if anyone needs a new thread started but the potential for rejection is too uncomfortable just send it my way and I’ll hook you up. Open offer to whomever.

Song Quotes Thread

What’s a song quote you like? Think is unique or weird? Speaks to you currently? Tell us.
  • ermengarde22
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Song Quotes Thread

What’s a song quote you like? Think is unique or weird? Speaks to you currently? Tell us.

10/10 i’d do this thread
  • Troopadour
    Troopadour Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Song Quotes Thread

Yes please!!!
  • MelG7777
    Options

Song Quotes Thread

10/10 i’d do this thread
    Troopadour wrote: »

Song Quotes Thread

Yes please!!!

@Reckoner67_again is gonna start it for us!🥳 I’ve only been considering it for 3 years now.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    I just prepped dinner. It looks beautiful. It better taste good
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Two gas stations in my town are having a price war and I am reaping the benefit.

Life hack - anytime you’re at a garage sale and they are selling gas cans - always pick one up - I’ve got like prolly 10 gas cans - that I picked up over the years - for maybe a buck a piece - and if there is ever a gas war here I’m ready baby… otherwise I’m just the weird guy with all the gas cans in his shed - nothing comes without sacrifice

Smart. I can tell you laundry baskets DO NOT work.

Wrap them in trash bags...life hack
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Two gas stations in my town are having a price war and I am reaping the benefit.

Life hack - anytime you’re at a garage sale and they are selling gas cans - always pick one up - I’ve got like prolly 10 gas cans - that I picked up over the years - for maybe a buck a piece - and if there is ever a gas war here I’m ready baby… otherwise I’m just the weird guy with all the gas cans in his shed - nothing comes without sacrifice

🤯
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It has also just dawned on my that
    Chic-fil-la lemonade is so good

u got to do the arnold palmer OR the frosted lemonade

I've never had Chick-fil-A

I feel like you'll understand me here but since we don't have Chick-fil-As where I am, I thought it was pronounced like chick-fill-ah and I didn't get the name at ALL, I was so confused and thought, "why would you name it that?" and then one day I realized I was just being an ultimate dumbass

Ohhh, this is very bad. I've been making the same mistake as you until about 30 seconds ago.

The only thing I knew about Chick-Fil-A was a story I read about a Florida man chasing people naked around the car park parking lot.
  • ermengarde22
    edited September 2022
    Options

I feel like you'll understand me here but since we don't have Chick-fil-As where I am, I thought it was pronounced like chick-fill-ah and I didn't get the name at ALL, I was so confused and thought, "why would you name it that?" and then one day I realized I was just being an ultimate dumbass

Ohhh, this is very bad. I've been making the same mistake as you until about 30 seconds ago.

The only thing I knew about Chick-Fil-A was a story I read about a Florida man chasing people naked around the car park parking lot.

omg “fillet” wtf how come my brain never heard that before
  • _Dan1985
    edited September 2022
    Options

The thing is, in the UK we like to think that we're good at pronouncing foreign words correctly - everybody says 'filet-minion' as 'filay'

but for chicken, a number of people say filllet.

Which is why the Chick-Fil-A thing is lost on some of us.

• ermengarde22
    edited September 2022
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

The thing is, in the UK we like to think that we're good at pronouncing foreign words correctly - everybody says 'filet-minion' as 'filay'

totally opposite to here in the US nobody really learns a foreign language bc we are a bit ethnocentric and myopic and we regularly mispronounce words with abandon and no *kittens* given
  • _Dan1985
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »

totally opposite to here in the US nobody really learns a foreign language bc we are a bit ethnocentric and myopic and we regularly mispronounce words with abandon and no *kittens* given

Insightful, but worth noting that just because the British like to think we're good at it, doesn't mean we actually are. My Puerto Rican-American friend nearly died laughing when I tried to pronounce 'Chipotle'
  • Reckoner67_again
    Reckoner67_again Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have plans to start Chick-Fil-B and it’s only open on Sundays and all the chicken is spicy because it comes straight from Satan’s b-hole (that’s kinda our corporate vision anyway)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I have plans to start Chick-Fil-B and it’s only open on Sundays and all the chicken is spicy because it comes straight from Satan’s b-hole (that’s kinda our corporate vision anyway)

❤️🔥
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

🤯

I knew you were a billionaire-
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I don’t want to go to work or to the gym or to the kitchen. I just want to lie in my bed