What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    How do you teach someone something when they seem hell bent on trying to tell you they know it all but at the same time are super enthusiastic and want to learn.

How do you say nicely I see your skill set and it's not what you think it is
    “Yes! That’s right. Now what you also want to do is….”

I already told her she wasted her money getting a second pair of skates for this endeavor simply because she did. I've seen those sales people totally upsell people and it's ridiculous and appalling and makes me really mad that she fell licked them to this
    Aww that’s terrible. I hope she doesn’t feel duped. Anyway I know you’re going to help her be successful so that’ll feel great and be a wonderful consolation
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    How do you teach someone something when they seem hell bent on trying to tell you they know it all but at the same time are super enthusiastic and want to learn.

I already told her she wasted her money getting a second pair of skates for this endeavor simply because she did. I've seen those sales people totally upsell people and it's ridiculous and appalling and makes me really mad that she fell licked them to this
    Aww that’s terrible. I hope she doesn’t feel duped. Anyway I know you’re going to help her be successful so that’ll feel great and be a wonderful consolation

I actually really like helping people at the rink. I figure I was lucky to get access to some of the best coaching so I should share this and it's fun when you see someone improve or at least feel more confident. And what I'll be helping her with the coaches I always feel lack teaching they just assume you'll pick it up which drives me nuts.
  • TwitchyMagee

I actually really like helping people at the rink. I figure I was lucky to get access to some of the best coaching so I should share this and it's fun when you see someone improve or at least feel more confident. And what I'll be helping her with the coaches I always feel lack teaching they just assume you'll pick it up which drives me nuts.
    This is awesome ❤️

• TwitchyMagee
    edited September 2022
    interesting how you can watch someone’s mental health decline in increments of snark
  • TwitchyMagee
    The first step is admitting you have a problem
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,026 Member
    Thought about being nice for the rest of the day and promptly failed. I'll shoot for an hour... baby steps.

I’ll gladly accept your well wishes sir
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    I need to remember to erase my search history today.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member

You can set your browser to clear history every time you close it. I mean.... so I hear.
  • TwitchyMagee

You can set your browser to clear history every time you close it. I mean.... so I hear.
    Haven’t you people ever heard of private browsing?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,026 Member
    edited September 2022
    txhku1zrkudr.gif
  • FeastRepeat
    edited September 2022

Haven’t you people ever heard of private browsing?

Of course, but I always feel like I am about to go on the dark web when I go incognito... because I am.
  • TwitchyMagee
    It takes four minutes
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    i think i live in a more neutered world bc i have safe search on to protect my virgin eyes
  • TwitchyMagee
    Apparently if you didn’t finish you shouldn’t add them to your body count
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    edited September 2022

That's great news. 😆
  • FeastRepeat

I can feel my hymen magically returning as I read this...
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    A job opened up in my area that pays almost double what I’m making now for similar work and similar hours. I’ve been at my current position less than a year. Do I apply?

I'd do some research to see if it's a good place to work and if it is I'd absolutely apply. You have to do what's best for you and your family. Never know, if you get it and give your notice at your current job, they might offer you more to stay 🤷‍♀️

This is what I was thinking. Your employer may value your work and want to match it
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    A job opened up in my area that pays almost double what I’m making now for similar work and similar hours. I’ve been at my current position less than a year. Do I apply?

Eta: the position in question pays a living wage as opposed to my current position, is salary which means pto, sick days, vacation, etc, and it is closer to my gym.

What is your hesitation? Anything other than the short tenure at your current company?
    Yes, as a former sahm explaining gaps & job hopping is terrible

Eta: plus my current position is comfortable & pleasant & interviewing is stressful

Fact. There is a reason I have not interviewed since the early 90s.

Job hopping can be terrible but I think there's a difference in the why ...double the pay is not hopping from place to place imo. But I'd interview first and see if pay is really double before taking it to my boss.
  • TwitchyMagee

I'd do some research to see if it's a good place to work and if it is I'd absolutely apply. You have to do what's best for you and your family. Never know, if you get it and give your notice at your current job, they might offer you more to stay 🤷‍♀️

This is what I was thinking. Your employer may value your work and want to match it
    It would have to be proposed and seconded and pass through ways and means and I would have to have a title change and who knows what else and it would take at least three months but probably more like six