I don’t know how I feel about this
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    tvm605ncbotz.gif

I don’t know how I feel about this

I do----sad, sad.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Have you ever been called out or corrected in a way that made you want to apologize? Have you ever been convinced that you were wrong and admitted it out loud to a person correcting you? Have you ever not wanted to admit that you were wrong because the other person is wrong too or even if they’re right, they have a bad attitude?
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Sometimes I want to do things and I feel like I can’t do them when there are other people around even when the other people aren’t interfering in anyway and then the other people leave and I am suddenly productive and accomplish a days worth of stuff in two hours. I would like to fix this so that I can do things when other people are around
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    From last night’s 60 Minutes… The #1 career ambition for pre-teens in:

China - astronaut 👩‍🚀
    US - social media influencer

This should play out well in a couple of generations. 😕
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member

China - astronaut 👩‍🚀

It’s that tik Tok algorithm yo - in china it’s I believe children can’t be in it from like 6am to 6pm or some chit - and when they are on it shows vids of ppl accomplishing things academically or physically sports or what not - in America the algorithm set to ppl doing dumb chit to get viral views 🤷‍♂️
  • cowsfan12
    Sometimes I want to do things and I feel like I can’t do them when there are other people around even when the other people aren’t interfering in anyway and then the other people leave and I am suddenly productive and accomplish a days worth of stuff in two hours. I would like to fix this so that I can do things when other people are around

you’re aware of this thing you want to change - ain’t nothing to it but to do it - step out the comfort zone and grow my friend -

That’s as inspiring as I get this morning- good luck
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member

I can so relate to this.

My feeling is that people are distracting, and I feel like I have to be entertaining them in some way. Whether it be participating in conversation, or just being present. My mind can't fully focus on any one task.

Once upon a time I had Mondays off. When the girls would leave for school I'd crank up the music and deep clean, pay bills, shop, do laundry etc. All this could've been accomplished over the weekend, but I felt distracted by their presence.
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

China - astronaut 👩‍🚀

It’s that tik Tok algorithm yo - in china it’s I believe children can’t be in it from like 6am to 6pm or some chit - and when they are on it shows vids of ppl accomplishing things academically or physically sports or what not - in America the algorithm set to ppl doing dumb chit to get viral views 🤷‍♂️

Yep. China gets the limited, vanilla version. The US gets the full throttle meth version.
  • TwitchyMagee
    I am wearing a white shirt. How long before there is food on it
  • TwitchyMagee

I can so relate to this.

My feeling is that people are distracting, and I feel like I have to be entertaining them in some way. Whether it be participating in conversation, or just being present. My mind can't fully focus on any one task.

Once upon a time I had Mondays off. When the girls would leave for school I'd crank up the music and deep clean, pay bills, shop, do laundry etc. All this could've been accomplished over the weekend, but I felt distracted by their presence.
    Yes. Very similar. & on top of that it’s like I feel guilty no matter what I’m doing.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Have you ever been called out or corrected in a way that made you want to apologize? Have you ever been convinced that you were wrong and admitted it out loud to a person correcting you?

yes and yes

• TwitchyMagee
    True story
    b1gjqm8i71hy.jpeg
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I freaked out yesterday driving to work bc I’m so used to my clock being an hour off. I was like…. How tf did I get an hour late? It’s just showing the actual time. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Crisis averted
  • cowsfan12
    True story
    b1gjqm8i71hy.jpeg

Same
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    My back and how it doesn't feel like someone body slammed me today!!!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,670 Member
    edited November 2022
    My wrists and how sore they are after scooping leaves out of the pool at the end of a pole for over an hour
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,437 Member
    I think I might buy bongo drums.
    😀
  • TwitchyMagee
    I just looked up what my local ballot looks like to alleviate my voting anxiety. I do this every time. It helps a lot.

I don’t know why I learned how to square dance but they never taught us about voting in school. I don’t mean about the electoral college and all of that stuff. I mean the actual mechanics. If I tell you I don’t know how to do something it doesn’t mean that I don’t understand the theory, it means I do not know the actual physical steps to get it done.

Also, How funny is it that coroner is an elected position And the candidates do not always need to have experience in the medical field
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,171 Member
    I just looked up what my local ballot looks like to alleviate my voting anxiety. I do this every time. It helps a lot.

I don’t know why I learned how to square dance but they never taught us about voting in school. I don’t mean about the electoral college and all of that stuff. I mean the actual mechanics. If I tell you I don’t know how to do something it doesn’t mean that I don’t understand the theory, it means I do not know the actual physical steps to get it done.

Also, How funny is it that coroner is an elected position And the candidates do not always need to have experience in the medical field

It's so crazy all you guys vote for there.

I was telling my American neighbour about our recent municipal election. We had some people running for french language school board trustee who weren't qualified and they told people on election Day just don't vote for them 🤣
    We vote for mayor, city or town councillor and school board trustees but you only get to vote for the one you give your taxes to, either catholic or Protestant board. That's our weird election quirk