What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Wondering if benadryl would help my anxiety.

My meds just aren't doing it for me rn 🥺

If nothing else it should help you take a nap ?? And when I’m feeling all anxious and what not - all I want to do is nap - this prolly doesn’t help if you’re working

I am at work. Maybe I'll wait til I get home. Worse case scenario...I go to sleep at 630
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Wondering if benadryl would help my anxiety.

My meds just aren't doing it for me rn 🥺

If nothing else it should help you take a nap ?? And when I’m feeling all anxious and what not - all I want to do is nap - this prolly doesn’t help if you’re working

I am at work. Maybe I'll wait til I get home. Worse case scenario...I go to sleep at 630

I’d say that’s not a bad worse case if you ask me - I hope to be out no later than 8 lol
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    There are things I don’t talk about because they involve people who don’t want to be talked about
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,192 Member
    Options
    I hope I have enough food and booze for the party tomorrow. My biggest hosting fear is running out...I never do but there's always first
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I hope I have enough food and booze for the party tomorrow. My biggest hosting fear is running out...I never do but there's always first

First rule of buying booze is ALWAYS over buy lol
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

There’s more recent data that backs it up but this is pretty easy to read. It makes me sad that people think they have an insurance policy against loneliness and it crumbles like that.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

There’s more recent data that backs it up but this is pretty easy to read. It makes me sad that people think they have an insurance policy against loneliness and it crumbles like that.

You really just never know with ppl man - it’s just easier to trust no one - expect the worst hope for the best kinda thing - idk man - I hate being the cynical old man I’m becoming - I’d like to go back to my naive younger years - ignorance really is bliss

• TwitchyMagee
    Options

You really just never know with ppl man - it’s just easier to trust no one - expect the worst hope for the best kinda thing - idk man - I hate being the cynical old man I’m becoming - I’d like to go back to my naive younger years - ignorance really is bliss

A wise man once said “these *kitten* ain’t loyal.“

• cowsfan12
    Options

A wise man once said “these *kitten* ain’t loyal.“

📠

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I’m going to try water glassing eggs next spring
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    I'm not sure the guy who repaired our furnace knew what he was doing because it seems to not be working again
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Ok Americans.... favourite Thanksgiving recipes or traditions please?

I offered to host our neighbour who is here working at the US consulate (his wife is away visiting her mom so he's solo) and another American friend is excited to come since his wife is Canadian and they don't do two Thanksgivings. Then there's our other friends who we invite to all special meals. So I kinda want to do traditional American dishes although I'll add come Canadiana with butter tarts.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

I offered to host our neighbour who is here working at the US consulate (his wife is away visiting her mom so he's solo) and another American friend is excited to come since his wife is Canadian and they don't do two Thanksgivings. Then there's our other friends who we invite to all special meals. So I kinda want to do traditional American dishes although I'll add come Canadiana with butter tarts.

Mac n cheese. Just throw every kind of cheese ever in there and bake it!
  • cowsfan12
    Options

I prefer ham to turkey - green bean casserole we always have - and I prefer cherry pie to pumpkin- and we also always make banana pudding Paula dean style - good luck

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,707 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes are staples every year. (The last 2 years we've also had a venison roast, but you can't always count on that.) We add in different things to round it out. This year, someone is bringing homemade mac n' cheese and someone else is bringing banana nut bread. There'll be a green vegetable and rolls. Pumpkin and apple pie.

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes are staples every year. (The last 2 years we've also had a venison roast, but you can't always count on that.) We add in different things to round it out. This year, someone is bringing homemade mac n' cheese and someone else is bringing banana nut bread. There'll be a green vegetable and rolls. Pumpkin and apple pie.

All this plus homemade cranberry sauce using orange juice instead of water.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

All this plus homemade cranberry sauce using orange juice instead of water.

And then you put it into a cylinder shaped mold?