What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Ok Americans.... favourite Thanksgiving recipes or traditions please?
    I offered to host our neighbour who is here working at the US consulate (his wife is away visiting her mom so he's solo) and another American friend is excited to come since his wife is Canadian and they don't do two Thanksgivings. Then there's our other friends who we invite to all special meals. So I kinda want to do traditional American dishes although I'll add come Canadiana with butter tarts.
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes are staples every year. (The last 2 years we've also had a venison roast, but you can't always count on that.) We add in different things to round it out. This year, someone is bringing homemade mac n' cheese and someone else is bringing banana nut bread. There'll be a green vegetable and rolls. Pumpkin and apple pie.

All this plus homemade cranberry sauce using orange juice instead of water.

And then you put it into a cylinder shaped mold?
    Barbarian

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Hope @ermengarde22 didnt actually get in trouble and go to jail or some chit -
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Ditto
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    My family never had mac and cheese for Thanksgiving!

Maybe I would have been happier to be there. :)

But, yeah, green bean casserole, yams, mashed potatoes, sometimes this creamed spinach/corn souffle/baby carrots concoction, pumpkin snd lemon meringue pies...
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    rugs that look like abstract paintings
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

But, yeah, green bean casserole, yams, mashed potatoes, sometimes this creamed spinach/corn souffle/baby carrots concoction, pumpkin snd lemon meringue pies...

I’m southern and mac n cheese comes to every occasion. 😅

Side note: I don’t like green bean casserole but it’s probably bc of the onion bits.
  • glassyo
    Options

I’m southern and mac n cheese comes to every occasion. 😅

Side note: I don’t like green bean casserole but it’s probably bc of the onion bits.

I wasn't big on the mushroom part. It was always the texture but sometimes the green beans were the only time I liked vegetables. I feel like we can't really consider that other concoction actual vegetables. :)

Aaaaaaalso, I should probably stick to the chit chat area of the forums. My posts tend to get deleted or reported when I try to help in other areas.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    I got a small turkey today for my American Thanksgiving in Canada. The store only had small ones so I got a small ham too. We'll do stuffing, mashed potatoes, cauliflower in cheese sauce and I feel like I need to do a green bean casserole but I'll do it from scratch cause I refuse to use a tin of soup. I'm debating a small mac n cheese only because I've been wanting some for awhile now and I have a crap ton of macaroni but they would mean two cheesy dishes....can there ever be too much cheese?
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I got a small turkey today for my American Thanksgiving in Canada. The store only had small ones so I got a small ham too. We'll do stuffing, mashed potatoes, cauliflower in cheese sauce and I feel like I need to do a green bean casserole but I'll do it from scratch cause I refuse to use a tin of soup. I'm debating a small mac n cheese only because I've been wanting some for awhile now and I have a crap ton of macaroni but they would mean two cheesy dishes....can there ever be too much cheese?

Lol I put cheese in my green bean casserole and also bacon - so short answer is no you can’t not have too much cheese or bacon ever
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Lol I put cheese in my green bean casserole and also bacon - so short answer is no you can’t not have too much cheese or bacon ever
    Agree. There can never be enough cheese 🧀
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    So I have friends who are planning on doing a new years eve 5k. They want me to do it. The think is while I'm probably the sportiest out of the group I'm probably the most injured so running cripples me. Sure I could do it but I'm not sure I want to deal with the pain and last week's knee locking and collapsing I think I need to be gentle on my joints
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    what if we standardized your and you’re to just youre all the time and their they’re there to theyr all the time and then went to ten hour long days like metric time
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    what if we standardized your and you’re to just youre all the time and their they’re there to theyr all the time and then went to ten hour long days like metric time

My dad always said, can’t live youre life on what if’s - parents think everything was better in theyr time smh - but this is now this is our time - gooonies never die !!!
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Ditto

Wonder if @Peachesnstuff got Into the same trouble she Mia too
  • glassyo
    Options

My dad always said, can’t live youre life on what if’s - parents think everything was better in theyr time smh - but this is now this is our time - gooonies never die !!!

I cringed so much, I almost didn't quote it.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options

If you like that, let me tell you about “seen’t”

You ain’t seen’t nothing yet.😏
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds terrible but I wish I could skip Thanksgiving this year.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I know it sounds terrible but I wish I could skip Thanksgiving this year.

I’ll take your thanksgiving if you’ll take my Christmas.

I was going to make the same offer
  • glassyo
    Options

If you like that, let me tell you about “seen’t”

You ain’t seen’t nothing yet.😏

Why do people adore you? You're meeeeeeeeeeeeean. :p