What's on your mind?

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    The weather coming tomorrow should be interesting driving
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited December 2022
    Bills: I type some information into a program & hit approve & send it to my boss. He hits approve & sends it to the treasurer so they can pay the bill. After that, all records go poof & I have no more access to them.

Then a vendor contacts me saying they never received payment. I ask the treasurer to look into it because my PERSONAL notes indicate I did my part. The treasurer says “you need to show proof of payment.” EXCUSE ME???

Ima just pay it again.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Ankle Bracelets
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    My mother.
    She hurt my feelings a few days ago and I can’t let it go.
    I know, she’s 95, get over it.
    She was obnoxious when she was 40, this is nothing new.
    I normally can just forget the stupid crap she says but this hurt.
    My whole life, being adopted meant nothing to me.
    Now in my 60s, I feel very adopted.
    😢

@honey_honey_12

I would be honored to adopt you.

You know…. For like a long weekend 😎
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    My mother.
    😢

Im sorry Mel, big hugs girl 🤗
    My mum is pretty abrupt and doesn't know what tact is 🙄

Thank you Jo 💓
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    My mother.
    😢

@honey_honey_12

I would be honored to adopt you.

You know…. For like a long weekend 😎

And I’d let you……😉
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Just one of my classic rants, work themed of course
    My arms are completely shot. They ache more every day but there’s not much I can do about it. They’re still able to get my job done so there’s that. I’ve been taking shortcuts and being more mindful about how much I pick up and move things with my own body vs grabbing a cart and moving everything on that.
    I make a minimum of 32 carts a day. That’s 160 bags of ice that I’m often toting by hand from wherever they set the pallet. Often I’m grabbing 4 at a time. I’m now using a cart and stacking ice on that which is smarter and not harder. 32 trays of coffee that my dumbass totes around 4 at a time in my arms. 32 trays of ppe. Picking up multiple full packs of water and orange juice to fill the carts with. Moving trays around to fit. THEN I have to push these carts to and from the trucks usually 4 at a time which requires a lot of upper body strength as they are shifting around and falling away and getting caught on crap from the floor. Pushing them on and off the crappy ramps. Placing and picking up said heavy metal 🎸 ramps for the plane and the truck. It’s a lot of forearms and upper body.
    So in conclusion I haven’t been working smarter and am working harder. I have learned now that I can’t keep doing that. I’m remembering to grab carts to tote everything and tbh I’m cutting corners. I don’t know how to ask my work partners to step up and help with the ramp placing bc why tf am I always the one doing it? It’s like….. I’m already doing the harder job. My partners are responsible for first class and they only make 8 carts the whole day. 8. Why am I doing everything??? I’m even clearing their carts off the truck.
    I’m having trouble holding my phone up. I had trouble holding my mirror this morning to do my makeup. I’m having to even hold a mirror bc I’ve decided that I’m on my feet too much as well and now sit on the couch to do my makeup. I’m extra af and who knows how long I will stand there creating artwork on my face. Sometimes like two hours. (That’s a maximum extra af day hair and jewelry choices included)
    All this is yet another reason I don’t do things on my days off. But as I think about it it’s mostly my own fault bc I was not only working dumb but I generally resist help and offer to do more. I just have a huge chip on my shoulder for anyone who wants to say I’m lazy. I’m like… lemme do the most so nobody can say that but they do anyway. I’m not getting paid more to do more. But something I’m not going to do is ask someone to help. I just can’t find it acceptable in my mind. I just always hope the people I work with will have some integrity but yall know how that goes.
    It’s not a hard job. I am enjoying this section a lot more even though it’s not for me long term. I’m just mad I played myself and my shoulders, neck and especially my forearms are *kitten* dead.
    I could probably be eating better as well. My skin is a disaster. I’m accidentally dropping pant sizes but I’m mostly just snacking. This rant has went on long enough. It’s all very easy to fix. I just have to actually follow through with taking better care of myself.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Thinking about how sore in gonna be tomorrow
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    mlph71r9o64e.jpeg
    I was like wtf was I doing aug 17 to have over 20,000 steps??? That was the day I went to universal studios and I was so walked to death that day. ☠️
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Lunch
  • TwitchyMagee
    Of all the jobs I’ve ever had the one I enjoyed the most was cleaning the gym and I didn’t even get paid in money for that
  • cmsienk
    Of all the jobs I’ve ever had the one I enjoyed the most was cleaning the gym and I didn’t even get paid in money for that
    What form of currency did you receive? 🤔
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Gym membership and training
  • cmsienk
    Not a bad trade at all...
  • TwitchyMagee
    Not a bad trade at all...
    It was really great. I got to work alone in peace and quiet and actually see the fruits of my labor and benefit from it as well
  • TwitchyMagee
    These people expect way too much from me. I am not a purchase order making kind of person. I am sit on the grassy bank of a noisy brook kind of person
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2022
    I hate being the center of attention 😳
  • TwitchyMagee
    I hate being the center of attention 😳
    I can pull this off very well if it’s in front of a large crowd but I cannot do chitchat in small groups. I will almost always slip out the back
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    inxyjmpbcc5z.jpg