What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    If Monday's a day off since Christmas day is on a Sunday.

(Looking for an answer :))
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,190 Member
    Options
    If you're in Canada it's off cause it's boxing day and for many the 27th is the day for Christmas.
  • glassyo
    Options
    If you're in Canada it's off cause it's boxing day and for many the 27th is the day for Christmas.

Nope. In the icky ole states.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Yes in the States
  • glassyo
    Options

Yes in the States

Me: It's a day off.
    Boss: I haven't said one way or the other.

He's on the phone so now I have to wait until he's off. I should have just left without saying goodbye.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

Yes in the States

He's on the phone so now I have to wait until he's off. I should have just left without saying goodbye.

Stupid phone
    clgd58ahtq2l.jpeg
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Yes in the States

I don't like the boss. If you have to work on Monday will you at least get double time or time and a half?
  • glassyo
    Options

Yes in the States

I don't like the boss. If you have to work on Monday will you at least get double time or time and a half?

All is good. We're off. I should probably email the rest of the staff. :)

He's actually pretty cool. He was just in the middle of a phone conference at the time and it's hard for me to keep things brief, say goodbye and then text him later about Monday.

Plus we all work from home if we need to.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Still in the middle of a wind storm. It’s very cold. Christmas is tomorrow. After Christmas and especially after New Year I always begin to feel a little better. Somewhere in the middle of January the sky sometimes breaks its solid gray & shows bright blue promises. February is a dreary month. They made it a short month because no one could tolerate another two days of that. But anyway my point is that spring is coming. The seed catalogs will be here any day now.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    It's cold and windy here in Toronto and of course I woke up to the furnace needing resetting. It had been good for a couple of days but I'm not surprised it wanted a break since we've been working it pretty hard
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Didn’t maryJ used to have a variety of different pleasant odors? Why does it all smell like roadkill now?
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Still in the middle of a wind storm. It’s very cold. Christmas is tomorrow. After Christmas and especially after New Year I always begin to feel a little better. Somewhere in the middle of January the sky sometimes breaks its solid gray & shows bright blue promises. February is a dreary month. They made it a short month because no one could tolerate another two days of that. But anyway my point is that spring is coming. The seed catalogs will be here any day now.
    It's cold and windy here in Toronto and of course I woke up to the furnace needing resetting. It had been good for a couple of days but I'm not surprised it wanted a break since we've been working it pretty hard

Stay warm, and safe. Merry Christmas ladies. 🎄♥️

• glassyo
    Options
    It's 75ish here today.

I'm sorry!!!!

Stay safe and warm and dry and full of yummy holiday foods. :)
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Stay warm, and safe. Merry Christmas ladies. 🎄♥️

Merry Christmas to you!!

Our temps are slowly rising. Woo hoo
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’m sick and all I want to do is sleep but I’m at work instead. Gifted with two flights worth of carts from first shift so that helps. Merry Christmas to me! I might only have to make two more flights after the first push so it’s gonna be alright. All I have to do is not pass out.
    Mom says it’s allergies since all I can do is sneeze constantly and my nose is running. Watering eyes, Fatigue, Light cough. My mouth has been drying out though. 🙄 What could be giving me allergies in the winter?
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Also, Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    I had the strangest dream last night.
    I had not listened to his music, had not watched a movie or even heard his name mentioned.
    But I had a blast hanging out with David Bowie. 😂
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I had not listened to his music, had not watched a movie or even heard his name mentioned.
    The weirdest sensation just now because before I even got to the end of your first sentence I knew it was going to be David Bowie
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    The weirdest sensation just now because before I even got to the end of your first sentence I knew it was going to be David Bowie

Too weird! 😂😀
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Second Christmas.
    I've successfully managed to use all my leftovers. I'll even use my leftover cranberry sauce for a yule log