What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,588 Member
    Options
    Ok, oversized white t shirt with an image of a screwdriver that says "Sonic" on it, purple robe, and athletic shoes that have seen better days. It's raining out so it's me and my walking dvd and you guys for the night. 😛
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Very odd occurrence today.
    I woke up and wrote down the good and the bad stuff that happened this year. Considered maybe doing something for new year’s. Then out of nowhere I just start cramping and cramping and cramping. It wouldn’t stop. I couldn’t even think of anything else. Rocking on the couch, writhing on the floor. The balcony door was open and at some point I was just sitting on the couch concentrating on breathing and covered in sweat despite the cold air. I seriously thought about calling an ambulance.
    I barely made it to the kitchen and grabbed a box of cereal, a glass of water and 4 ibuprofen. Cereal because I had an empty stomach and didn’t want to puke from the painkillers. Rocked on the couch until the medicine started to work. Then I took a nap despite just having woken up.
    I guess I’m fine now? It was period cramps but nothing like I’ve ever experienced. The pain never stopped it just came in waves of intensity until the meds. That first one second of relief just as they took effect was heaven and then gradually I was able to function again. I really thought I was going to die on the last day of the year.
    It has been one hell of a year for me. One hell of a year. It’s still trying me.
    I’m ordering in. I put on a cute outfit I could have worn out somewhere had anyone made plans with me and I wasn’t obviously under the weather; with pj bottoms bc it’s cold af and I didn’t want my ghost outfit to be my bathrobe. I’m going to hope everything is ok with my body.

Terrible feeling. Glad the meds worked❤️

I’m glad too but I’m better now and ordered a bunch of food so all is well in the world. 🍛 thai wings, red curry and tiramisu.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have an urge to start a thread asking what people's ghost outfit would be if they died right now BUT I WON'T! :)

All that pain sounds so scary. Take it easy. Watch a good movie. Eat comfort food.

😂 I love this. At this point everyone’s in pjs or dressed to the nines. I’m half and half since I’m just at home. Gold and black mini dress with velvet pj bottoms bc it’s cold.
  • i386DX
    i386DX Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I have an urge to start a thread asking what people's ghost outfit would be if they died right now BUT I WON'T! :)

All that pain sounds so scary. Take it easy. Watch a good movie. Eat comfort food.

😂 I love this. At this point everyone’s in pjs or dressed to the nines. I’m half and half since I’m just at home. Gold and black mini dress with velvet pj bottoms bc it’s cold.

That's a new sentence.

I feel that if @glassyo ever started that thread it'd be quite popular but probably just turn into another selfie thread and unfortunately people would dress up for it on purpose.

She should start it anyway.

I have to and pass out, it's 3.30am, and is 2023 in England. That's right Americans, I'm writing to you from the future, wooooo.

Just wanted to drunkenly stop by and say hello. Goodnight, I wish you all a fabulous year.

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    i386DX wrote: »

That's a new sentence.

I feel that if @glassyo ever started that thread it'd be quite popular but probably just turn into another selfie thread and unfortunately people would dress up for it on purpose.

She should start it anyway.

I have to and pass out, it's 3.30am, and is 2023 in England. That's right Americans, I'm writing to you from the future, wooooo.

Just wanted to drunkenly stop by and say hello. Goodnight, I wish you all a fabulous year.

Good night. Sleep well
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    How it is so much easier mentally to exercise outside than inside
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    After a few years some things change, but some things never do.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    ,.;-!:&,&,
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    ,.;-!:&,&,
    I understand completely
  • SundryCoder
    Options
    I have been without a kitchen for five months and I am going to finally place the order for a new kitchen this week. It'll still take a few months before it arrives and is installed. But, I feel like it is an accomplishment.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I have been without a kitchen for five months and I am going to finally place the order for a new kitchen this week. It'll still take a few months before it arrives and is installed. But, I feel like it is an accomplishment.
    That is a long time to be without a kitchen. I hope the install goes quickly
  • SundryCoder
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    That is a long time to be without a kitchen. I hope the install goes quickly

Thank you, me too. 2022 has been rough with the house. It's almost brand new.
    They are coming to measure the 5th to get exact requirements to order the cabinets and accessories.
    It should take 2 or 3 months to get here and about 4 weeks to install everything. (Unfortunately, not just my kitchen was affected)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    The coffee I dumped on myself. I knew the stupid measuring cup was a mistake.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Ouch! I hope it didn't burn you
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Ouch! I hope it didn't burn you

Luckily this coffee machine doesn't brew it scalding hot!

In my panic I decided I should use a towel to collect the coffee still coming out 😂 so now there's more laundry being done
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    How nice the house is with Christmas taken down and having just cleaned it all. Although I need to teach the boy how to make his own bed
  • SmoothShifting
    SmoothShifting Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    What a strange society. I wonder if it's just a western thing. There's all this psychology about narcissism, love bombing, but then you turn on a music radio station and almost all the hit songs are doing the very thing your psychological studies warn against! "Baby I just met you but I think I already love you, there's something you just do to me, you're so beautiful, etc." 🤮. Your society glorifies in pop music the very thing your psychology warns about

You trying to say Euro-pop or K-pop or any other lyrical music doesn't do the same thing? Movies and TV for that matter. That stuff is everywhere. If you listen real close though, each and every one will tell you how they are the exception and not the rule. All of them.
  • SundryCoder
    Options

Maybe the psychology is what is wrong and not the music?