What's on your mind?

Replies

• break_down
    break_down Posts: 42 Member
    break_down wrote: »
    This is unseasonable creekage
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Nice creeekage! Howz youz doinz!?
    Well this morning I was a little dismissive when my youngest told me he wasn’t feeling well so of course I got a call from the school nurse saying he puked. At the moment I am sitting in the car in my driveway after having picked him up & brought him home. I’m off from work the rest of this week but I really feel like this whole parent thing is a way harder job & requires so much more flexibility & wisdom & breadth of knowledge than any job I’ve ever gotten paid for. & now I’m going in the house to find the puke bucket.

Awww dang it! I am so sorry he is sick. Hope he feels better SOON. Spot on with the parenting thing. My kid is 20 years old, and I am still making mistakes. Where is the rewind button?
  • break_down wrote: »
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Well this morning I was a little dismissive when my youngest told me he wasn’t feeling well so of course I got a call from the school nurse saying he puked. At the moment I am sitting in the car in my driveway after having picked him up & brought him home. I’m off from work the rest of this week but I really feel like this whole parent thing is a way harder job & requires so much more flexibility & wisdom & breadth of knowledge than any job I’ve ever gotten paid for. & now I’m going in the house to find the puke bucket.

Been there, recently. Every day when I leave the office I say I'm going home to my real job.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Been there, recently. Every day when I leave the office I say I'm going home to my real job.
    That’s exactly what it feels like. And some days I just don’t know where I’m gonna find the energy
  • TwitchyMagee
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Awww dang it! I am so sorry he is sick. Hope he feels better SOON. Spot on with the parenting thing. My kid is 20 years old, and I am still making mistakes. Where is the rewind button?
    Yeah part of me feels like it would be nice to have a do over and part of me feels like oh no I can’t *kitten* do that again ever

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    My mom is 75 and fell yesterday. I live 13 hours away and am starting to regret that that I moved that far away 3 years ago. Because I really can't do much to help out way down here. I wonder if my brothers and I should look into life alert (that little button they push when they fall and can't get up). or, just keep going with life and see if it happens again. I feel so un prepared on how to deal with aging parents. AND I'm not looking forward to all the discussions that my 2 siblings and I will need to have.

How far away do you live from your parents?

I'm not one for unsolicited advice, but life alert would give your family a "peace" of mind.

As long as she's open to the idea, and doesn't hang on a door knob like my own stubborn Mother.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    My mom is 75 and fell yesterday. I live 13 hours away and am starting to regret that that I moved that far away 3 years ago. Because I really can't do much to help out way down here. I wonder if my brothers and I should look into life alert (that little button they push when they fall and can't get up). or, just keep going with life and see if it happens again. I feel so un prepared on how to deal with aging parents. AND I'm not looking forward to all the discussions that my 2 siblings and I will need to have.

I think the life alert is a good idea. At least it would give you and your family peace of mind.

We were lucky to get my parents into a nice seniors residence before my dad died. Now my mom is safely there with caregivers, makes ife easier for me since my brother is 2 provinces away and my mom liked to make trips to the hospital. It's hard figuring out what's best for our parents when all of a sudden we're the grown ups having to make decisions
  • break_down
    break_down Posts: 42 Member
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Yeah part of me feels like it would be nice to have a do over and part of me feels like oh no I can’t *kitten* do that again ever

Touché. Yea, sometimes I think "let's just point this nose towards the ground, take a deep gasp after the oxygen mask drops, and get it over with".

Happy Thursday!
  • TwitchyMagee
    oy9j2fvlpfq8.jpeg

Touché. Yea, sometimes I think "let's just point this nose towards the ground, take a deep gasp after the oxygen mask drops, and get it over with".

Happy Thursday!
    Yeah I don’t understand people who think reincarnation is a reassuring spiritual belief. But dammit, I am determined to get some joy out of this one

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,670 Member
    edited January 2023
    My dad lives about an hour away from me (where both my parents lived until my mom passed away nearly 4 years ago). They had been going to Florida during the winters here and I never worried about them. Now he continues to go alone; he's in great health, but I worry a little because he's so far away - he's 83.
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member

I am currently 2000 miles away give or take some. My mom is strong, doing well, and very active so there is almost always someone around with her so I am not worried.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,436 Member

My mom is 95yrs old, still drives and takes care of my 57yr old handicapped brother 3days a week.
    I live 20min away and still worry.
    She did finally get a nurse/helper that comes to her house M-Th from 8:00am to 1:00pm.
    Takes her to the store, any errands mom wants to do, helps her with her computer, stays in the bathroom while mom showers.
    She has to pay for most of her visits as Long Term Care was practically a sham but it is SO worth it!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    Got my cancer drive done, laundry folded, groceries done...now I basically have a free day!!!! So exciting
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited January 2023
    I just got some lingerie in the mail that I did not order and would not order and would not fit my left thigh

Who is punking me?
  • I just got some lingerie in the mail that I did not order and would not order and would not fit my left thigh

Who is punking me?

Pics or it ain't happened
  • TwitchyMagee
    I just got some lingerie in the mail that I did not order and would not order and would not fit my left thigh

Who is punking me?

47r3n1eoi6nm.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,436 Member

Who is punking me?

47r3n1eoi6nm.jpeg

Too funny! 😂
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited January 2023

Who is punking me?

47r3n1eoi6nm.jpeg

Too funny! 😂

🤣 Damn! The only thing I've ever received that I didn't order was a stapler and a broken heart
  • TwitchyMagee

Who is punking me?

47r3n1eoi6nm.jpeg

Too funny! 😂

My sister and I have included it is probably spam.
  • TwitchyMagee

Who is punking me?

47r3n1eoi6nm.jpeg

Too funny! 😂

🤣 Damn! The only thing I've ever received that I didn't order was a stapler and a broken heart
    Apparently it’s kind of a scam. Then again so are broken hearts