What's on your mind?

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 617 Member
    I've leftovers of these and we go away tomorrow....anyone want some treats? kt380l9u6s1p.jpg
    7e75p3xnxrhi.jpg

Yes!!! Three of everyone you have! So yummy looking!
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited March 2023
    I was making a painting & trying to overcome some fears & really commit to making it come out the way I saw it in my head no matter how long it took & how much revision it would need & it was really an exercise in going for it without hesitation & I kept telling myself it’s just paint & it’s a learnable skill and then some artist who hasn’t actually put brush to canvas in about 100 years came up behind me and said, “don’t overwork it” when I hadn’t even finished the under painting and I was working so hard on overcoming that fear and actually striving to not give up before it’s finished and I didn’t even ask for input & I didn’t even tell anyone I was working on it and now on top of trying to overcome the fear I have to overcome self sabotage and a bad case of the *kitten* its

eta: and this is one reason I rarely talk about my goals and the things I’m trying to accomplish. I am just too sensitive to even unintentional criticism
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,015 Member
    edited March 2023
    @TwitchyMagee - I think it’s pretty great you’re painting. I’m taking a technical drawing class and I can’t draw for the life of me, but I keep trying and am surprising myself. When I get down on myself I just think, well a whole bunch of art connoisseurs thought a banana duct taped to a wall was amazing art and worth six figures. I guess my point is, it only really matters what you think about your art as long as it’s therapeutic and enjoyable for you. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • TwitchyMagee
    litha_ wrote: »
    @TwitchyMagee - I think it’s pretty great you’re painting. I’m taking a technical drawing class and I can’t draw for the life of me, but I keep trying and am surprising myself. When I get down on myself I just think, well a whole bunch of art connoisseurs thought a banana duct taped to a wall was amazing art and worth six figures. I guess my point is, it only really matters what you think about your art as long as it’s therapeutic and enjoyable for you. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Thank you. It’s good to hear from someone who is also learning😊
  • TwitchyMagee
    I feel like Lizzie Bennet with her petticoat 6 inches deep in the mud because I went for a walk with trousers that are too long.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Red delicious apples are not it
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,666 Member
    Agree whole heartedly. Honeycrisp for the win
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Agree whole heartedly. Honeycrisp for the win

Definitely
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I think red delicious apples are :'(
  • ecobratwurst
    ecobratwurst Posts: 28 Member
    Kate Middleton is a reptile
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,433 Member

I recently discovered SugarBee apples.
    So crisp and sweet, best apples I’ve ever eaten. 🍎❤️
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,666 Member
    I occasionally miss the Disagree button
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »
    I think red delicious apples are :'(
    Yes

I recently discovered SugarBee apples.
    So crisp and sweet, best apples I’ve ever eaten. 🍎❤️

I haven’t seen those but I will keep an eye out
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I occasionally miss the Disagree button

For old times sake
    ixdtykifoluv.jpeg
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member

Yes, this name is false advertisement
  • TwitchyMagee

Yes, this name is false advertisement

It should be illegal
  • TwitchyMagee
    I enjoy hand hemming. There’s something very satisfying about hiding the teeny tiny stitches
  • litha_
    Pink lady 🍎🍏 are delicious. A mealy apple - not so much.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited March 2023

When I was a kid I think the options in my neighborhood were mackintosh or red delicious. I like the decade we’re living in now Apple wise
  • litha_
    edited March 2023

When I was a kid I think the options in my neighborhood were mackintosh or red delicious. I like the decade we’re living in now Apple wise

When I was a kid, my mom would ask -do you want the red or green? No names. I always chose the green because the red were so bad.