What's on your mind?

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Instead of my job actually training me for the section I’m supposed to work, they’re just throwing me around as a random extra person to wherever. They don’t have a partner for me yet again and I better not be put in the assembly room bc that’s not the section I bid. I’m a good worker so idk why I’m just being thrown to the side every day. They’ve even forgotten to put me on the schedule 3 times. I mean, I’m scheduled to be here but they don’t have anything for me to do.
    I’m over it. I’ll never bid this line again.
    They’re mad because you’re smart
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,660 Member
    edited March 2023
    Instead of my job actually training me for the section I’m supposed to work, they’re just throwing me around as a random extra person to wherever. They don’t have a partner for me yet again and I better not be put in the assembly room bc that’s not the section I bid. I’m a good worker so idk why I’m just being thrown to the side every day. They’ve even forgotten to put me on the schedule 3 times. I mean, I’m scheduled to be here but they don’t have anything for me to do.
    Are you sure you don't work for the US Army?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

They're training you in EVERYTHING because they see big boss material in you.
  • TwitchyMagee
    glassyo wrote: »

I enjoy your optimism
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    From the male point of view, I totally get it.
    From my 62yr old self point of view,
    I’m embarrassed for her and a little ashamed of some people.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Rotavele_ wrote: »
    1 Chinese gentleman , 1 venezuelan gentleman and myself are stuck in an elevator. They barely speak English and since I'm the only English speaking person they are using me as some kind of translator as they bicker over something, oh and I'm the elevator repair man. Having a great day so far 👍

I’m sorry you got stuck but I love the diversity ❤️
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member

I enjoy your optimism

It's rare these days so you should! :)

(Also, you may be rubbing off on me...you're very supportive :))
  • TwitchyMagee

I enjoy your optimism

It's rare these days so you should! :)

(Also, you may be rubbing off on me...you're very supportive :))
    Finally someone recognizes my gift of encouragement😂❤️

• Rotavele_
    Rotavele_ Posts: 260 Member
    1 Chinese gentleman , 1 venezuelan gentleman and myself are stuck in an elevator. They barely speak English and since I'm the only English speaking person they are using me as some kind of translator as they bicker over something, oh and I'm the elevator repair man. Having a great day so far 👍

The best part is that security was calling for me on the walkie talkie to get the people out of the elevator. But then I informed them I was one of the people stuck in the elevator..... Laughter .. just laughter by multiple people over the radio
  • TwitchyMagee

The best part is that security was calling for me on the walkie talkie to get the people out of the elevator. But then I informed them I was one of the people stuck in the elevator..... Laughter .. just laughter by multiple people over the radio
    Isn’t there some kind of key in the lobby that will pull all the elevators down to the main floor?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Next time I’m going to make sure we have enough time to see the bronze Fonz again 😔
  • Rotavele_

Isn’t there some kind of key in the lobby that will pull all the elevators down to the main floor?

Yes, that's called the fire service switch. It wouldn't have worked because the controller (main brain of the elevator) was tripped out
  • TwitchyMagee

Yes, that's called the fire service switch. It wouldn't have worked because the controller (main brain of the elevator) was tripped out

I remember something about getting stuck in elevators with the Millar guy

• Rotavele_

That company doesn't exist anymore but it was a great company
  • TwitchyMagee

That company doesn't exist anymore but it was a
    great company
    I’m old 😁

• cmsienk
    No matter how large a suitcase I start out with when I'm packing to go out of town, I always end up wishing it had just a little more room
  • TwitchyMagee
    cmsienk wrote: »
    No matter how large a suitcase I start out with when I'm packing to go out of town, I always end up wishing it had just a little more room

Even after all your practice? I imagined you as one of those ultra efficient packers where everything is rolled neatly Marie Kondo style
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    They’re mad because you’re smart

Thanks 😅 I think just don’t wanna deal with my one hour difference in schedule or finding someone who wants to deal with a new person.
    I did get hired at a really lucky time though because this is a line for the top of the food chain as far as seniority goes and I don’t even have a whole year under my belt yet. I might bid this line again if possible but I just have a temper when it comes to companies that refuse to train which is kinda all of them. 😅😅😅😤

Are you sure you don't work for the US Army?

I was just saying that the other day bc we use military time which took me a minute to learn and everything is based on seniority. I personally don’t get it. I’m not someone’s subordinate when we have the same job title. 🤨

I am happy I’m getting different experience and they did put me in the right section today. The places they throw me though, I already know. It’s the training me for this other section they don’t want to deal with. I think I would learn better if I had consecutive days training and not once every 1-2 weeks. This will be my 3rd rodeo and we’ve been on this bid since early February.

I do plan on becoming management at some point or a trainer.
  • cmsienk

Even after all your practice? I imagined you as one of those ultra efficient packers where everything is rolled neatly Marie Kondo style
    While I am pretty efficient (thank you) at packing, I use a hybrid method of folded and rolled clothes to avoid wrinkles, keep things organized, and use every bit of space possible. What I'm talking about is I choose a suitcase (I have 3 different sizes) and then I find out we're working outside in a tent and there's a 60% chance of rain, so I want to add boots and an umbrella, maybe some lighter shirts for layering, etc. Or the client sends a last minute update that we've changed hotels and there's no restaurant or room service on site, so now I want to bring my cold pack lunch bag with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese and a few slices of bread and travel peanut butter and jelly pkgs.
  • TwitchyMagee

While I am pretty efficient (thank you) at packing, I use a hybrid method of folded and rolled clothes to avoid wrinkles, keep things organized, and use every bit of space possible. What I'm talking about is I choose a suitcase (I have 3 different sizes) and then I find out we're working outside in a tent and there's a 60% chance of rain, so I want to add boots and an umbrella, maybe some lighter shirts for layering, etc. Or the client sends a last minute update that we've changed hotels and there's no restaurant or room service on site, so now I want to bring my cold pack lunch bag with hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese and a few slices of bread and travel peanut butter and jelly pkgs.

Oh OK I gotcha. It’s like a Murphy’s Law thing