What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    litha_ wrote: »
    HYYY - if you’ve left, you’ll leave a big hole with your absence in this place. Good luck with the drawing classes. 🤍

She's gone. 😭 I woke up to one less friend today. She'll be back one day. Hopefully soon 💖

I wasn’t sure with her post if she had really left. I’m sorry to see her leave.

Wait. Twitchy's gone? I was too busying marveling at the Hitchhiker's Guide reference.

I'm sad now.

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE MAKING ME FEEL THINGS???
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,190 Member
    Options
    Tantrum skirt girl is officially out of town he ice show. The director doesn't deal kindly with such disrespect. So now I'll be helping out the little kids. I haven't done that in like 25 years. But they're always adorable so I'll twist with them like we did last summer.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    Tantrum skirt girl is officially out of town he ice show. The director doesn't deal kindly with such disrespect. So now I'll be helping out the little kids. I haven't done that in like 25 years. But they're always adorable so I'll twist with them like we did last summer.
    Best wishes to you at the Ice Show! I'm sure you'll be great with the kids
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Almost died on the freeway today. It’s raining and someone cut me off. I swerved in and out of three lanes of traffic. I think I grazed an 18 wheeler and there’s dent on my trunk. Nobody stopped, not even me. I hope that *kitten* saw that they almost killed me and anyone else that would have ran into my car at high speeds. I’m really lucky I think. I think not pressing the breaks saved me and that there wasn’t cars on the side of me when it happened.
    Now I just have to be at work and not cry. So far so good. People are laughing, the world is still turning.

Yikes that's crazy scary. Glad you're ok
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Best wishes to you at the Ice Show! I'm sure you'll be great with the kids

Thanks. It's always fun the day off just the week leading up to it becomes a bit much.

Top it off this superstar skater who recently retired has made an appearance at the club so everyone's all distracted 😂🤣
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Almost died on the freeway today. It’s raining and someone cut me off. I swerved in and out of three lanes of traffic. I think I grazed an 18 wheeler and there’s dent on my trunk. Nobody stopped, not even me. I hope that *kitten* saw that they almost killed me and anyone else that would have ran into my car at high speeds. I’m really lucky I think. I think not pressing the breaks saved me and that there wasn’t cars on the side of me when it happened.
    Now I just have to be at work and not cry. So far so good. People are laughing, the world is still turning.

Yikes that's crazy scary. Glad you're ok
    Also glad you're okay. Some drivers can be so clueless...
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,490 Member
    Options
    My glasses are metal, sort of a rose gold color.
    Light reflects off of the metal when I move my head and makes it look like I’m seeing something moving by me really fast.
    Freaked me out a little at first,
    I thought I kept seeing things that weren’t there.
    I like these glasses but I think I’ll get a different pair.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    My glasses are metal, sort of a rose gold color.
    Light reflects off of the metal when I move my head and makes it look like I’m seeing something moving by me really fast.
    Freaked me out a little at first,
    I thought I kept seeing things that weren’t there.
    I like these glasses but I think I’ll get a different pair.

If you close your eyes you won't see the reflection. Just saying :D
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna be alone with the kids until Sunday. Gonna be a long, rough, lonely weekend starting today/tonight with stripe testing.
    Wish me luck.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Why is still called “donating” plasma/blood in America when you get reimbursed for it?? Maybe they don’t wanna call it “selling” because that would sound weird…🤔
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Why is still called “donating” plasma/blood in America when you get reimbursed for it?? Maybe they don’t wanna call it “selling” because that would sound weird…🤔
    I've never been compensated for donating blood. Unless you count the snack and juice afterwards...
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I've never been compensated for donating blood. Unless you count the snack and juice afterwards...

I've only done plasma here. Yeah, I don't think they pay for your blood. I think it might cross an ethical boundary and people might lie about their health/exposures for financial gain? Its all screened of course though. Still feels odd to get money donating plasma, its usually an altruistic act where I come from lol. I guess they are payign for your time since plasma donation takes considerable longer.
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I’m gonna be alone with the kids until Sunday. Gonna be a long, rough, lonely weekend starting today/tonight with stripe testing.
    Wish me luck.

Hope your weekend is smoother than anticipated. Good luck on your stripe test!!
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck.

You daddy's are so cute stressing over watching the kids 😂 You'll be fine, I promise. And if they drive you nuts just lock yourself in the bathroom for like 10 minutes to regain sanity, like all responsible moms do. Good luck on your testing too.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck.

You daddy's are so cute stressing over watching the kids 😂 You'll be fine, I promise. And if they drive you nuts just lock yourself in the bathroom for like 10 minutes to regain sanity, like all responsible moms do. Good luck on your testing too.

Haha yeah I got the regular stuff down but I also have softball practice, a softball game, and a choir concert to shuffle them all off to. I did it before, I’ll do it now, and I’m sure I’ll do it again.
    Thanks you all for the well wishes. Halfway done with the day so we are making progress!
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. My love life is so sad and I'm positive it's just going to progressively get worse until it's basically nonexistent. Lol, I've decided becoming the cool old artsy witch down the street is good enough for me.

2. I need a vacation NOW NOOOOW 😩
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,490 Member
    Options
    1. My love life is so sad and I'm positive it's just going to progressively get worse until it's basically nonexistent. Lol, I've decided becoming the cool old artsy witch down the street is good enough for me.

My feelings exactly! 😣
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 201 Member
    Options

My feelings exactly! 😣

It's hard out here 😭 lol
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    What to make for my Saturday post show party
    I'm thinking charcouterie and a dessert buffet will work