Water Only Fast

2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I just don't want her to be the odd one out.. I don't want it to backfire and make me gain what I've already lost, either..

I fast for religious reasons on a few days per year. I would find it odd and unnecessary for someone not doing it for religious reasons to do it for support, as if my religious convictions needed their help -- almost patronizing, even. Also, with my understanding of religious fasts, making a big thing about it is kind of against the spirit. JMO, though.

I kind of wondered about this myself.

OP, have you asked your "close relative" or "friend you work long hours with" (you describe her both ways, but I guess they're not mutually exclusive) how she would feel about you joining her in her religious observation, even if you don't share her religious beliefs? (I'm assuming you're not of the same faith, because otherwise you would be doing the fast regardless of showing support?) If it turns out she would welcome this kind of support, great. If not, maybe the best thing would be to ask her what kind of support she would find helpful.

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member

Would this be harmful to weighloss, short term?
    No.
    End of discussion.

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    I think youll be fine with just a week.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    This forum isn't for solving cultural issues. It is for health/fitness/nutrition!

A week will be fine. Good luck.

Listen to this guy.