Please introduce yourself!

Options
13»

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sorry to take so long. I joined and then took a 2 month break from MFP.

Anyway I've been on the site for about 2 years now working on getting some weight off. I am on my late 40's and have been riding horses pretty much my whole life. Went to an equestrian college and got an education in horse training and riding instruction. Built my own western saddle which sis in my living room now because it doesn't fit my current horse.

I once thought I was going to be a horse trainer but life took me in many directions and the horse show world just wasn't a good fit for me, so now I work in biomed research with monkeys. Horses are more of a hobby now.

I own one horse, an off the track standardbred mare named Baby. We have been together for about 12 years now and she is my equine soul mate. I just love this mare. We have a good time mentoring other riders and their horses and just enjoying the beautiful trails around the stable I board at. These days I don't get to ride much because on my days off I usually have to go to some other barn and give pedicures to other people's horses.

I have been trimming hooves (barefoot/natural) since 1995 when I started out just taking care of my own horses and without really planning to I fell into hoof trimming as sort of a side job. I sometimes trim 8-10 horses on a weekend which is quite the workout.

When I am not working or trimming feet I also practice a martial art called Aikido. I got into it because of a horse trainer named Mark Rashid. I was just looking for a deeper connection with horses and I sure found that but so much more. Aikido has really transformed a lot of aspects of my life and horsemanship.

In spite of all of the exercise I get in my life I still really need to lose quite a bit of weight. So here I am. :)

• snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @shadowfax_c11 Good luck with your fitness journey. You have a unique combination of physical activities.
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    We're not as active in this group as we used to be, but I want to welcome the new members I've approved and invite you to introduce yourselves and share your goals, commitments, ideas, whatever :) Personally, I am using this group as a space for me to be accountable to myself as I continue my fitness journey. Please feel free to start your own accountability thread so we can support each other!