• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Looking good my friend!!!

also- quad sweep is smexy smexy!!!

Agreed! Along with that #squatbooty!
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Back from my holiday and a kilo up from before I left. Tried to keep it restrained but I just can't resist Mediterranean food! First morning back in the gym today though and I felt fricking strong again - refeed was clearly needed. Now back to it but slowly. Think I want to lose another 4kg but realise this is partly how I view myself in the mirror at play. Will take the cut slow and see how it goes, who knows, maybe I'll get that look I'm after sooner than I think?! #wishfulthinking

ps @TresaAswegan looking awesome!
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Back from my holiday and a kilo up from before I left. Tried to keep it restrained but I just can't resist Mediterranean food! First morning back in the gym today though and I felt fricking strong again - refeed was clearly needed. Now back to it but slowly. Think I want to lose another 4kg but realise this is partly how I view myself in the mirror at play. Will take the cut slow and see how it goes, who knows, maybe I'll get that look I'm after sooner than I think?! #wishfulthinking

Yes Mediterranean food is hard to resist alright @anna_glassshoes . Was in Italy myself last week and like you, while I attempted to restrain myself, it didnt really work but I enjoyed all the delicious food immensely. Was up 1.5kg after it, a KG of which is nearly gone by now so like you will do a slow defluff (hate the word cutting)
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Yes Mediterranean food is hard to resist alright @anna_glassshoes . Was in Italy myself last week and like you, while I attempted to restrain myself, it didnt really work but I enjoyed all the delicious food immensely. Was up 1.5kg after it, a KG of which is nearly gone by now so like you will do a slow defluff (hate the word cutting)

Lol I flippantly said I was cutting in the office one day when my manager commented on me not taking any of the usual office treats and the look of alarm on people's faces :s I just don't like saying 'dieting' either because then everyone wants to give you their woo advice.

Yeah I'm not stressing about 1kg, like yours it will hopefully be just water weight and whoosh off pronto. Even if it doesn't, the boyfriend's mum's Maltese cooking made it totally worth it. Mediterranean mammas are such feeders :D
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

Lol I flippantly said I was cutting in the office one day when my manager commented on me not taking any of the usual office treats and the look of alarm on people's faces :s I just don't like saying 'dieting' either because then everyone wants to give you their woo advice.

Yeah I'm not stressing about 1kg, like yours it will hopefully be just water weight and whoosh off pronto. Even if it doesn't, the boyfriend's mum's Maltese cooking made it totally worth it. Mediterranean mammas are such feeders :D

I'm surprised how much the water weight has whooshed off me in the space of a week which is great. I can see how using the word "cutting" would put the look of horror on peoples faces. I just dont like the word as it sounds so mechanical.

While I didnt have any Mediterranean mammas feeding me, mores the pity, I was an Italian wedding where its all about the food and then some. You name it, I had it and it was delicious.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Nearly doubled my sodium intake over the last 72 hours. I had been having some "blah" lifting and recovery days, and finally found out why. 115/71 BP, 30 minutes after a massive stim dose and an excessive salt day. I don't even want to know how low it was before.

Anyway, as a result, picked up four pounds over said 72 hours, but I fully expect my trend line to smooth out once my body adjusts to the new quantities. Still have abs in the morning in spite of the water weight, so not even the first bit of worry over it.

And everyone wonders why I am so data obsessed. xD
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    So finally had a second to take some pictures. There are more but this will do for now.
    I've eaten across the board significantly less than my alloted 2k this week and feel reasonable well. Not sure how long that will last.
    But.. Controlling fat and actually aiming for protein more I think is helping so on ward and downward? Whatever. Meandering progress I'd say but progress none the less. Lol yh2jibw9zwtd.jpg

So freaking HAWT! Great work!
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    I started my cut yesterday. My PL meet was last Saturday. Weighed in at 176.4lb and my 7-day rolling average is 176.6. I was happy with my bulk and meet results. Gained about 16 pounds since Sept, some of which includes consistent creatine in the last 2 months. S: 337, B: 253, DL: 440. I'd like to compete Oct 28 under 165lb and match or beat my recent platform PRs.
    I gained about 2 inches on my waist. I haven't measured anything else but plan to take additional measurements and pictures tonight.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    lv1fo4a11jm5.jpg
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    thanks lovey- now that I sat down and looked- I'm like- oh look- I have an actual a** again.
    And a waist.

LOOK AT THAT. A WAIST.

Yes, for sure! You're looking all hour glassy - very nice!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    thanks lovey- now that I sat down and looked- I'm like- oh look- I have an actual a** again.
    And a waist.

LOOK AT THAT. A WAIST.

Yes, for sure! You're looking all hour glassy - very nice!

sometimes hour- gassy too.
    ;)

lifts are feeling pretty solid except for the squat. Squat feels meh- but DL and bench are moving really well- so I'm pleased pleased pleased.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Got a lot going on there @psuLemon - hopefully you can get some rest and heal your arm.

And heh- also - win for the barely fit in the pants!!! I mean- as long as it isn't fat LMAO.
    I ordered new pants- but unfortunately they aren't the yoga pants I wanted- so I'm going to take one of them back. I'll keep the other pair- so I have "real pants" (eye roll)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Got a lot going on there @psuLemon - hopefully you can get some rest and heal your arm.

And heh- also - win for the barely fit in the pants!!! I mean- as long as it isn't fat LMAO.
    I ordered new pants- but unfortunately they aren't the yoga pants I wanted- so I'm going to take one of them back. I'll keep the other pair- so I have "real pants" (eye roll)

I have seen an increase in definition, so i am assuming some muscle growth.