The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning middle-agers, HHD 🐫🐪🙂
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey all

was away a few days with the kids at the beach.....back to reality :)

I don't know if anyone else is struggling with work outs/soreness...Im 46 and just recently started working out at home (never joined/belonged to a gym or played sports ever)
    Im using YouTube and only 3 pound weights.,,,,was exc 6 days a week....alternating dance cardio, weight and some light yoga
    BUT I was sore...all the time..LOL
    I am now only working out 5 days a week...alternating light cardio, light weights and barre...and I'm still sore....
    Its been 3 months so far...I dont want to feel sore indefinitely...working out 1hr-1 hr 15min, 5 days a week
    any suggestions?

tia
    kim
  • DebraW70
    DebraW70 Posts: 5 Member
    Kim do you find once you start your next day workout your soreness becomes less noticeable? Have you also tried foam rolling before workouts? Stretching after your workouts too. Although i do not feel you will never not be sore from your workouts maybe these suggestions will help. Great Job on your work out routine!
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Mooorning! Happy Thursday! I'm on a day off tomorrow, so it really is FRIDAY to me, wooooo!

I'm sore right now @kimber0607 , did a spinning class on Tuesday and he did loads of quad work. I'm spinning years, but still sore form it. I kinda like it to be honest, feels like I done something!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning my friends! I have no plans for the weekend...but still looking forward too it! Let's all have a great day!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone (except Suga, Happy Friday to you)! Just got done taking the dogs for a jog and ready to get this day started. That will get me one day closer to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great morning!
  • ddavis6437
    ddavis6437 Posts: 4 Member
    GenXer here too! Turn 45 in Feb and looking to drop 20-25 before that big day. Feel free to add me, could use some support to get over this 5lb back and forth battle...
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Busy weekend ahead! A 40th birthday party and then a community braai
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Getting ready to hit the 4-2 in two months, I've been slowly but surely upping my gym game. Not sure how I'm feeling about the age other than glad I've made it this far. :)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Good morning everyone! Sometimes I feel 54 when I wake up, but today is NOT one of them! B)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Getting ready to hit the 4-2 in two months, I've been slowly but surely upping my gym game. Not sure how I'm feeling about the age other than glad I've made it this far. :)

42? You're just a youngster! :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Busy weekend ahead! A 40th birthday party and then a community braai

Hope you have a great time Nadine :)
  • cmcgill1984
    cmcgill1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Whoo - hoo! So happy there is a group for people over 30! 35 and happy to be here!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Hey ya'll...it's been a while :smile:
  • michellewale1977
    michellewale1977 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m approaching 42 and have been recovering from a hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer. Trying to get rid of a small flabby belly and build up some muscle. This is my first week of exercising after not doing any for about a year so I’m starting off with shorter (20 minute max) workouts and hoping to build up every week. Would love some friends to keep me motivated and on the right track xoxo
  • MelKFitz24
    MelKFitz24 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 36 I still do not think I am middle age. I have been watching what I eat for 4 weeks now , I have been adding walking in a few times a week, making better choices, and down 9 lbs :). The best part while doing this for myself after 2 weeks while thinking about my healthy life choice I should stop smoking, and I did . It will be 2 weeks on Sunday smoke free. My goal now is on Sunday to start going to the gym and lifting and doing some classes. I know for me to reach my goal weight it will take me a year or so I have 103 lb to go. If anyone out wants to add me as a friend feel free to add me. I would enjoy to have people to talk to while on this life journey of becoming a better me.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Afternoon all. I went for a walk around my local forest yesterday, and got bored so obviously climbed some trees. The photo is from an earlier walk, but it also had trees. jzq4taoo8olo.jpg

This is awesome!
  • firstclass2c
    firstclass2c Posts: 7 Member
    Good morning. 51 here. Recently moved and have been traveling for business and gained back some weight. Clothes got tight. Need to focus and make sure to exercise each day. Sound familiar? Lol
    Hoping to make some new exercise friends.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    DebraW70 wrote: »
    Kim do you find once you start your next day workout your soreness becomes less noticeable? Have you also tried foam rolling before workouts? Stretching after your workouts too. Although i do not feel you will never not be sore from your workouts maybe these suggestions will help. Great Job on your work out routine!

Odd thing is I feel great when I work out...don't feel like I've pushed myself too far..and I dont feel; any pain..its after that it hits..usually a few hours
    I also have to admit, until recently, I havent been diligent about stretching BEFORE and AFTER...which I am now doing

thanks for the tips...Ill have to look into foam rolling
    thanks Kim