The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I got an unofficial world record yesterday, as part of the biggest coffee tasting ever. I think 1,800 of us took part.

It should be a good week for me - I am scuba diving with seals from Tuesday.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Hey @pinaycoco -- I don't think @JenniferM1234 is checking back here. She was asking about how our bodies use protein and asked about different kinds of proteins. I tried to tell her about amino acids and essential amino acids and heard only crickets. You can absolutely get your complete proteins from plant sources, but you have to pay attention. Then there's that B vitamin thing. A friend has been vegan so long he can no longer process B12 through his diet so has to get injections. Fortunately his partner is a naturopath so she gives him a poke when needed.

Did you pm her the info? If so and you aren't friends then she will not have received your pm.. Mfp glitch.

Morning Middle-agers 🙂
  • slimgirljo15
    drmwc wrote: »
    I got an unofficial world record yesterday, as part of the biggest coffee tasting ever. I think 1,800 of us took part.

It should be a good week for me - I am scuba diving with seals from Tuesday.

Congratulations :)
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Time to adult after a great weekend.

Back from vacation and survived a family wedding. A good time was had. My body is not used to the craptacular food choices. Glad to be back on plan.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    61 and starting over on MFP. I'm in need of some new friends to help me out and motivate me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It's autumn tomorrow and today we had a super hot and humid day.

I went skating tonight and uses my bad arm to hold on to my line and teammates. It felt good at the time and is increasingly feeling worse. It was nice doing it again, I miss it but I'm sure half I'm having it repaired in 3 weeks.
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    40, very active, open diary. Always welcoming more active friends who may need some motivation!
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    41 today so joining the group for a good dose of healthy me!!!
  • JenniferM1234
    JenniferM1234 Posts: 173 Member
    Hi! I didn’t check back here until right now and see that people answered my question; thank you, and I’ll try eating more tofu I guess. I had two “beyond burger” sliders at dinner and even though they plus a couple other things popped me up over my calories for the day, they were really quite tasty and I’ll eat them again in the future (just maybe skip the bins next time). I don’t know how to @ someone unless that’s all you need to do...@mtararoot let’s see if that does it.

Hope you all had fun weekends!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Hi there, I'm 47, very active, and looking to trim down a bit. Feel free to friend me.

• SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Happy Monday all!
    Right, I'm all better again, no more sniffles, no more excuses. Did a leg class yesterday morning (me, going to a gym on a Sunday morning, what the ...) and I can actually barely walk right now :D
    Hope all of you feel ready to tackle this week!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Monday! Back to the grind!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Good morning, all! I've had to start leaving for work a lot earlier, which means no morning workouts :( . I am going to have to figure something out. I really don't like working out in the evening, but I may have to.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I used to dread Monday's, but since I'm semi retired and do as I please now, it's not so bad at all :) perk of being "middle aged"
  • slimgirljo15
    I used to dread Monday's, but since I'm semi retired and do as I please now, it's not so bad at all :) perk of being "middle aged"

Everyday is a Saturday :)
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Still swimmin' in Houston...the past week has been a blur. Glad for a new week. Happy Monday and have a good week!
  • juleechristine
    juleechristine Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hello! trying to lose 60 pounds to start, then I'll go from there. I am 40, happily taken, nerdy, into metal music, D&D, and reading.

I am trying to navigate this whole weight-loss thing while dealing with some potentially very serious spine issues.

Feel free to add me!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Enjoying a second cup of ambition. Then we'll get this party started! Have an awesome week, y'all!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy first day of Autumn!!!!

Pro tip....when cleaning out your cupboard where you keep your drinking glasses be careful sweeping out bit of crud and dust because quite possibly one of those bits will be a tiny shard of glasses just waiting to pierce your finger

I'm decluttering all my kitchen cabinets today. It's actually going quite quickly but those shards of glass hurt
  • Mystina50
    Mystina50 Posts: 10 Member
    Getting close to the BIG ‘60’ now... Need to finally get this weight off and get healthy!!