The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    17brianb wrote: »
    47sioaqwdgul.jpeg

Fresh roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite things on the planet!!!
  • DanR486
    DanR486 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2019
    dougphi wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm 40, and am crawling back to MFP - but I swear this is the last time!

Third time around for me.

Cycle seems to be:

Get in good shape > Slack off > Decide don't need MFP any more > Start losing good shape > Return to MFP. Rinse, repeat.

Just need to stay put...
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    DanR486 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm 40, and am crawling back to MFP - but I swear this is the last time!

Cycle seems to be:

Get in good shape > Slack off > Decide don't need MFP any more > Start losing good shape > Return to MFP. Rinse, repeat.

Just need to stay put...

sounds like a good plan Dan.. I need to follow your advice
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    steeliebob wrote: »
    17brianb wrote: »
    47sioaqwdgul.jpeg

Fresh roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite things on the planet!!!

Oh yum. They are the best aren't they!
    I'm waiting for someone to cut into the pumpkins so I can get the seeds
  • alicelehuu205
    alicelehuu205 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone,

I’m 39 and trying to lose 15 pounds. Would really like to have some people in the same boat as me. Especially when having a setback.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good afternoon Middle-agers :)
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning peeps...hope you all have a great day/evening...whatever it may be!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    DanR486 wrote: »

Cycle seems to be:

Just need to stay put...

guilty as well

Morning all!
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    clord2 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

You have a good morning as well!! :smiley:
  • lrachwitz
    lrachwitz Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all, I’m looking for helpful advice in regards to sleep issues. I can’t remember the last time I had a full eight hours of deep sleep. I’m always in this vicious cycle of no caffeine, then just a little, then all the time.. I don’t like to rely on sleep aids, since they just leave me feeling as bad or worse than if I hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. I’ve tried melatonin, different blends and doses, but they don’t really seem to help. I’m looking for some natural alternatives. I know keeping away from screen time before bed can be helpful, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. If anyone here has had the same problem and found a natural way of addressing it with success, please share.

Thanks 🙂
  • PruneJuice2point0
    PruneJuice2point0 Posts: 305 Member
    lrachwitz wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m looking for helpful advice in regards to sleep issues. I can’t remember the last time I had a full eight hours of deep sleep. I’m always in this vicious cycle of no caffeine, then just a little, then all the time.. I don’t like to rely on sleep aids, since they just leave me feeling as bad or worse than if I hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. I’ve tried melatonin, different blends and doses, but they don’t really seem to help. I’m looking for some natural alternatives. I know keeping away from screen time before bed can be helpful, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. If anyone here has had the same problem and found a natural way of addressing it with success, please share.

Thanks 🙂

I wish I had helpful advice but, I haven’t found anything to help myself either. I get 3 to 4 hours a night. The weird thing is, I’ve gotten used to it and use it to my advantage. I get my workout done super early.
  • lrachwitz
    lrachwitz Posts: 7 Member

[/quote]I wish I had helpful advice but, I haven’t found anything to help myself either. I get 3 to 4 hours a night. The weird thing is, I’ve gotten used to it and use it to my advantage. I get my workout done super early. [/quote]

I wish I could get used to it lol. I’ll just get mental after two weeks of being sleep deprived 😂. I end up taking a 1/3 of a sleep aid tablet just to get some relief but it doesn’t help when it comes to mental clarity or energy.
    A women in a grocery store, years ago, asked if I knew where the Chinese parsley was, or cilantro as I might know it as. She said it was very helpful as a tea for sleep. Maybe I’ll try that? Lol
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member

Thanks 🙂

options that are natural
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFt1HN53VBw&list=PLCQACBUblTbX2e8Rz4GMlfPXvFbOY_Wrp&index=2

List of tea for sleep from Amazon
    https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+for+sleep+amazon&safe=active&sxsrf=ACYBGNSoTnszDp0MZiKApWkxtaSf2zjwgw:1572445569419&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit4N-cmMTlAhUOJTQIHZFZDkMQsxgIMA&biw=1920&bih=937
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Thanks 🙂

Have you tried melatonin?
    Mindful meditation?
    I need to get a sold night's sleep but my issue is just my stupid shoulder
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member

I wish I had helpful advice but, I haven’t found anything to help myself either. I get 3 to 4 hours a night. The weird thing is, I’ve gotten used to it and use it to my advantage. I get my workout done super early. [/quote]

I wish I could get used to it lol. I’ll just get mental after two weeks of being sleep deprived 😂. I end up taking a 1/3 of a sleep aid tablet just to get some relief but it doesn’t help when it comes to mental clarity or energy.
    A women in a grocery store, years ago, asked if I knew where the Chinese parsley was, or cilantro as I might know it as. She said it was very helpful as a tea for sleep. Maybe I’ll try that? Lol [/quote]

I feel your pain and haven't found anything natural to help...I usually take 1-2 Benadryl at night
    It stinks..Im a super super light sleeper and can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours..Ive tried yoga, no caffeine exc in the morning and at night....nothing helps
  • DanR486
    DanR486 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2019
    kimber0607 wrote: »

I feel your pain and haven't found anything natural to help...I usually take 1-2 Benadryl at night
    It stinks..Im a super super light sleeper and can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours..Ive tried yoga, no caffeine exc in the morning and at night....nothing helps

The only things that have really helped me are valerian, and sometimes CBD oil. I try to avoid the latter because a few of the brands might as well be snake oil.

I'm naturally a night owl anyway, but I know what you mean, a week or so without sleeping properly and your brain is all 'WTF? why are you doing this to me. I quit!' and you're basically a zombie.

Have you tried avoiding screens for an hour or so before bed? No phones, computers, MyFitnessPal etc. I know it's hard, but, just read a book instead - you surely can go for an hour without looking at peoples' Facebook selfies that took 43 attempts, or reading some lame Twitter frenzy about how Kim K is getting implants or something. You'll feel better for it.
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    So I'm back. In and out more than my bins. This time I'm determined to stick to it

Former 1000 day streak and former member of 100 pound club.

Weights gone up and down more than a naughty persons underwear.

I have goals and motivation. Also don't take life too serious.

If you want to have a laugh. Give me an add
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning and Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it 🎃👻
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Halloween! Gonna be cold and wet for the kids tonight.