The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• chewy581819
    chewy581819 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all. New here. Looks like a great community to stay motivated! Feel free to add.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    46 here and my mysterious eye swelling is coming back..haahahahah
    It was a little over a week and all was looking so hopeful ..I thought I was on a run :(

So, I slapped my glasses on and headed to vote and run some errands...
    I had a pretty tough work out yesterday so I took off today but plan to stay active...walking etc

Have a good day all!
    kim

What's up with your eye?
    Do you wear contacts?

Been wearing contacts for over 20years NO problem..all of a sudden around June/July... my left eye started to swell and itch....long story short..Ive tried antibiotics, several different eye drops, and topical steroids..when the left eye got better, it jumped to the right eye
    Dr say it is unexplained edema...no clue whats causing it....saying allergies possibly hick have never been a problem before plus it has been going on since the summer...
    Dr's have no clue..so Ive been wearing glasses no makeup for months now
    Bet you are sorry you asked..LOL
  • FITINMY30S
    FITINMY30S Posts: 2 Member
    36 over here. 5' 1 -199 lbs trying to lose 75 lbs. Work full time in a desk job and busy with two kids looking to connect with other moms that are dealing with the same challenges
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    A lazy week as getting ready for a holiday so grooming dogs, baby sitting, packing and generally tidying up so a bit of a break from exercise but should be doing more walking next week.
    I am not going to beat myself up over the gap in exercise as life is for living, enjoy.
    Good luck everyone with your challenges.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    It was a little over a week and all was looking so hopeful ..I thought I was on a run :(

I had a pretty tough work out yesterday so I took off today but plan to stay active...walking etc

Have a good day all!
    kim

What's up with your eye?
    Do you wear contacts?

Been wearing contacts for over 20years NO problem..all of a sudden around June/July... my left eye started to swell and itch....long story short..Ive tried antibiotics, several different eye drops, and topical steroids..when the left eye got better, it jumped to the right eye
    Dr say it is unexplained edema...no clue whats causing it....saying allergies possibly hick have never been a problem before plus it has been going on since the summer...

Eye stuff is weird
    It's actually very interesting. Then again I randomly research illnesses so I'm not normal
  • Vjmikesell
    Vjmikesell Posts: 36 Member
    How do you add people on community board from iOS device?
  • JessT1299
    JessT1299 Posts: 25 Member
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for more support in this crazy journey! 😁
  • vfnow
    vfnow Posts: 4 Member
    At 54, count me in. Hurry before I get old!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    My office still has analog lines. It's fun to watch the millennials fail to make long-distance calls because they don't know to dial "1" before the area code...

Do you mean long distance in the same country? All my long distance calls are different country - outside the little island I live in, so we always dial 1 before the Area Code.
  • TonyB0588
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    To add to the above, we learned to use a slide rule and an abacus in school, the first calculators were just coming out and were very expensive. How many people can use a slide rule or abacus, or even know what they are? Now you can do everything on your phone(except make a good voice call).

Yes. I sometimes wonder why they taught us all that stuff that we no longer use. I still remember my Sharp EL-507 scientific calculator I got around 1980 when the school allowed us to start using them in class.
  • TonyB0588
    Howdy all. 40yr old daddy of 4, same beautiful wife for 19 years. Want to give them all a better version of me. Started at 220lbs, quit eating out and soda. Dropped down to 195 and have been stagnant here for a few months. I've done an awesome job of procrastinating in doing what i need to. But I'm all done looking at this guy in the mirror.

Congrats on your 19 years of marriage. Its 31 for me now.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So a friend was over and we were talking about how at middle age we are suddenly adults. We feel we are too young and when did this happen

What made you realize you're now grown up and an adult? I think my dad and uncle passing st the same time and realizing my mom needed looking after threw me into grown upness. Funny how all of a sudden it just hits.

Never mind my crazy late night thoughts. I actually had a good night's sleep last night I'm a little crazy
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day!
  • IndyCatDad
    IndyCatDad Posts: 6 Member
    Will I get kicked out if I'm in my 60s?
  • curryandrew7225
    curryandrew7225 Posts: 4 Member
    41 just joined. Looking to do my first triathlon next year. Feel free to add me and any advice would be great.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    A good week so far both dogs groomed just the dreaded feet to trim, all packed ready for last hols of the year on Saturday with my daughter and granddaughter it will be wet but still super fun, maintaining weight loss and inch loss my slower down weight loss due to party food and next weeks meals will add too.
    Hope everyone is doing great stick at it folks be motivated I always think it's hard in the winter with comfort eating on the dark nights but you can do it!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member

Have a good day all!
    kim

What's up with your eye?
    Do you wear contacts?

Eye stuff is weird
    It's actually very interesting. Then again I randomly research illnesses so I'm not normal

Dr calling it unexplained edema....not allergies anymore..LOL....for today at least...
    I admit it is interesting and wonder with is at the bottom of all this ....
    ??

Morning all...been busy running errands today kids are both off tomorrow for teachers convention
    Had to make a foot dr appt for my 14yr old..she was doing hand stands and landed wrong and her toe is a bit swollen and bruised....had her raise it..ice it...so guess better to be safe than sorry and take her in for a look
    *sigh*
  • lorigoesvegan
    lorigoesvegan Posts: 28 Member
    New to the group, 37 and need to lose 50lbs. Add me!
  • leighrdh2000
    leighrdh2000 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m also new to the group! Almost 44 years old and trying to lose those last 20ish lbs. Looking for a few friends 😁