The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• scottmoody74
    scottmoody74 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, starting inf back strict diet and exercise this week. Was at 203 lbs last year at this time. Now I’m at 172 lbs. looking forward to seeing six pack again!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    It's Tuesday, but feels like Monday...and it's too cold for south Texas! Which one of you Canadians left the door open?
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning everyone! It's cold here today and I don't like it lol.
  • Ok. Boomer.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hi all!

Its pretty darn cold her in the NE..waiting for the first snow fall..fun fun
  • lrachwitz
    lrachwitz Posts: 7 Member
    I wish it were colder here, in AZ.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    woke up to snow on the ground in eastern WV; first of the season. Snowshoe Ski Resort is very happy, I'm sure!

I actually like snow and winter-time cold, one of the few people, I suppose - and yes, I DO have to drive in it! I just like it between November and March :)

Though even I say that the predicted low of 9 degrees F tonight is cold, even for me!
  • elizabetht264
    elizabetht264 Posts: 12 Member
    I just turned 40! I'm here to feel lighter on my heels and fitter when I dance! Add me if your goals are mostly of the non-scale variety too!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    woke up to snow on the ground in eastern WV; first of the season. Snowshoe Ski Resort is very happy, I'm sure!

I actually like snow and winter-time cold, one of the few people, I suppose - and yes, I DO have to drive in it! I just like it between November and March :)

Though even I say that the predicted low of 9 degrees F tonight is cold, even for me!

I like winter too. Means the outdoor rinks open which I like to enjoy. I should be able to skate again when they open
  • scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    It snowed here today. Not enough to accumulate, but still enough to discourage me from outdoor exercise☹️
  • scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    My joints are telling me to stop running in the cold and get back on the "dreadmill" ☹️
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member

I love the cold and winter. I try to run outside as long as I can. Warmed up today to close to 30 but overnight cold.....
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

I don't mind winter. Not a fan of it getting dark at 5pm or 9 degrees. Brrr.

a friend of mine tells me that I should be living in Alaska since I like winter so much, but the early dark thing is what would keep me from going that far north. I agree - I hate it being dark from 5 pm to 7 am as it is!
  • kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi I'm 52 had 3 hip scope surgeries and I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs.
  • AliNouveau
    Hi I'm 52 had 3 hip scope surgeries and I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs.

Yikes what did the hip scopes find? We're those arthroscopic? I recently had arthroscopic shoulder surgery
  • kenthepainter2
    I have deeper than normal hip sockets, resulting in torn labrums and a big bump (cam) below the ball of my hip joint on my femor. The doc re-anchored the labrum to my socket and ground down the bump on my femor.
  • kenthepainter2
    Yes they were arthroscopic surgeries, just 4 little slits.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited November 2019
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    cdubks88 wrote: »

I love the cold and winter. I try to run outside as long as I can. Warmed up today to close to 30 but overnight cold.....

Chris~Did you all get snow?

Yep, but only around an inch or a little more ended up staying on the ground. It was still too warm when it started snowing. Once it cooled overnight, it started sticking good.

Our weather here's highly neurotic. 😂🤣🤪
  • AliNouveau
    Yes they were arthroscopic surgeries, just 4 little slits.

I've got the 4 little holes in my shoulder. I had a labrum tear they tidied up. It's amazing what they can do these days