The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I just had physio today
    I'm exactly 5 weeks since my rotator cuff surgery. I'm happy to say I've regained full range of motion when I lift my arm to the side and I'm so close to full when I life it to the front. I'm very excited I was told most don't expect this until week 6 so yay me. It is hard work and like a full time job to have gotten it to this stage but I really want to be better quickly. I get to start strengthening it next week which make me super excited since it's so incredibly weak.

I'm a very happy person today
    great news happy for you
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I just had physio today
    I'm exactly 5 weeks since my rotator cuff surgery. I'm happy to say I've regained full range of motion when I lift my arm to the side and I'm so close to full when I life it to the front. I'm very excited I was told most don't expect this until week 6 so yay me. It is hard work and like a full time job to have gotten it to this stage but I really want to be better quickly. I get to start strengthening it next week which make me super excited since it's so incredibly weak.

I'm a very happy person today
    great news happy for you

Thanks
    What makes me even happier was i didn't get a flat out no for curling in January. Sadly my synchronized skating days are probably over but I'm ok with that
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    LOL if you got this country boy on the ice all I do is fall down closest thing I've ever done is ice fishing
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    Hey what's up I'm 34, not new to MFP. Been on it since roughly 2014/15ish. Lost 90lbs at one point. 272-178...sittin pretty at 211 at the moment.
    I know what I need to do but I need to get my *kitten* together haha.
    Just lookin to kill time at the moment. Message or add me if you're up for it. Fyi I'm not much of a motivator.

Good to see you back.. 🙂

Wow, it's been so long. How have you been?

Ive been good, well as good as possible 😂
    And yeah, it's been a really long time.

• AliNouveau
    Oh and while synchro is done I can still skate
    LOL if you got this country boy on the ice all I do is fall down closest thing I've ever done is ice fishing
    I get to teach and partner all the "old guys" when they decide to take up learning the dances. They feel weird skating with younger women and I am solid on my feet and patient when teaching. Everyone can learn to skate.

Curling is a different beast. The Teflon slider on one foot is a bit scary
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Why do Bologna Sandwiches with mircle whip taste so so good. Help!

Yikes I'm not sure I agree with any of this statement

LOL...just thinking about miracle whip...
    But hey..to each his own..enjoy!

• kimber0607
    Maybe miracle whip and baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?

Just as gross
    If I personally had to have Bologna would have to be with mustard

agree again..LOL
    Im going to hold off on the bologna all together....the last time I had bologna I was a kid
    around here we friend it with butter on stove...anyone else??
    Jersey thing?
  • kimber0607
    lx1x wrote: »
    Why do Bologna Sandwiches with mircle whip taste so so good. Help!

Better if the bologna is fried.. 👍
    And not from the midwest.

Yup, same here...from NJ/NY?

BTW had follow up with allergist..alll allergy testing negative...sigh
    Good and bad because we still have no clue WTH is up with my eyes....so antibiotics and steroids for a week and take it from there

Kim
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Maybe miracle whip and baloney sandwich is a midwest thing. What about ketchup instead of miracle whip?

Just as gross

agree again..LOL
    Im going to hold off on the bologna all together....the last time I had bologna I was a kid
    Jersey thing?

My husband likes fried Bologna. I'd never heard of that before I knew him.

My son loves Bologna. I'm not a fan
  • kimber0607

Just as gross

agree again..LOL
    Jersey thing?

I haven't had it since I was 10..LOL
    Let's not even get started on liverwurst *barf*

Morning all...little chilly in Jersey....29....brrrrrr
  • AliNouveau

Just as gross

agree again..LOL
    Jersey thing?

I haven't had it since I was 10..LOL
    Let's not even get started on liverwurst *barf*

Morning all...little chilly in Jersey....29....brrrrrr

Ooooh liverwurst. I used to love it but only in rye bread. I was a very picky child.

We have a field trip today. Should be raining for our walk home from the subway. I'll get to meet the dad of the kid who's been bullying my son and much of his class and pretty much the school. Hubs told me to be good. He's no fun
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I turned 40 in June. I was told it would be harder to loose the weight once I turned 40. I want to prove them wrong!!
  • bourbon_n_barbells
    bourbon_n_barbells Posts: 425 Member
    angf0679 wrote: »
    I turned 40 in June. I was told it would be harder to loose the weight once I turned 40. I want to prove them wrong!!

You can definitely do it. I'm 48. I lost 40 lbs when I was in my early 40's and I've kept it off by keeping good eating habits and being consistent with my workouts.
  • kimber0607

Its all about the diet...which is still my biggest struggle..eating clean
    You can do it!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    I think it's hard whatever your age is to lose weight the main problem is 'food's it's just so yummy so its about managing what you eat and exercise. We all have the power to do it but sometimes it's just will power, stay strong and focus and believe in yourself you can do this😀
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I think it's hard whatever your age is to lose weight the main problem is 'food's it's just so yummy so its about managing what you eat and exercise. We all have the power to do it but sometimes it's just will power, stay strong and focus and believe in yourself you can do this😀

Definitely. I got away from sweets for about a week or two and when I saw some donuts, I did not have that urge to eat them. It was a nice feeling.
  • reggiedrum
    reggiedrum Posts: 21 Member
    52 and 1st 5k in 3 days. I just finished the Couch to 5k program this morning. And I am actually anxious to get out there and let it rip. Ooh-rah !! Weight down by 16 lbs. Playlist prepped and ready to go, all geared toward running: ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Stray Cats, Johnny Cash, Enimen, Harry Belafonte and ending at finish line with Chuck Berry "Run Rudolph Run" for my 7 year old.
  • reggiedrum
    reggiedrum Posts: 21 Member
    Quote for the day:
    I may be circling the drain, but I have a few steps left in me!!!

Alright all of u middle agers, get out there and bring it!!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member

You can definitely do it. I'm 48. I lost 40 lbs when I was in my early 40's and I've kept it off by keeping good eating habits and being consistent with my workouts.

Keeping good habits and being consistent in my workouts is the issue!
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited November 2019
    reggiedrum wrote: »
    52 and 1st 5k in 3 days. I just finished the Couch to 5k program this morning. And I am actually anxious to get out there and let it rip. Ooh-rah !! Weight down by 16 lbs. Playlist prepped and ready to go, all geared toward running: ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Stray Cats, Johnny Cash, Enimen, Harry Belafonte and ending at finish line with Chuck Berry "Run Rudolph Run" for my 7 year old.

This is fantastic. Wish you the best of luck on your run. You can do it!

You've got me by about 3 yrs, but I'm putting in nearly the mileage I was in high school now. Granted I'm not putting in 5 min miles anymore, but at my age I'm plenty happy with where I'm at. I'm shooting for my first half next year.

I just want to do it once. Don't feel any compulsion beyond that other than get one full in after. Bucket list kinda stuff. 😁😎

Would love to hear how it goes for you.

Good luck and kick butt!