The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Silver_Gent
    Silver_Gent Posts: 61 Member
    Been on MFP for a few years now, never tried the community feature.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    So I am now Middle Age? Interesting. I refuse to admit it either way.

I'm 39 looking at 40 in about 4 months. A couple of years ago - I guess I was around 35 or 36, I made the comment to my mother that I was now middle aged. She was rather indignant that I considered myself as such, though I suppose I can understand why - if her kids are middle aged, what does that make her? lol

I think she's having a harder time with it than me - especially the me turning 40 thing :)

I saw the mom of a guy I used to compete against way back when yesterday. Another woman was amazed we new each other 30+ years ago. The mom was like it's hard for me to think of my kids as 50 year olds, they'll always be kids hah

So it's common. And embrace middle age I say be the most awesome middle ager ever and let everyone question if you really are middle aged
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hello All, is this group for the chronological middle aged community or can I join if my mental age is much younger? I’m 62 years young and have been very active until about 3 years ago, gained 30 lbs, (which I’ve now lost) but need to lose another 10lbs to get back to my RACE weight. I’m looking for encouragement from near my age individuals.

Welcome and great job!
  • BlackBartBlues
    BlackBartBlues Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all, this is my first post on here. I have been on MFP for a couple of years. I was 365 lbs, with 64% body fat a year ago, in December 2018. Today am happy to report that I have lost about 170 lbs with 21% body fat. Still about 15 to 20 lbs to go, to reach my target weight of about 175 to 180. I never tried the community feature on here, so thought I will give it a shot.

Oh also, I am 37 years old. And no I dont consider myself middle aged. Either that, or I am in denial :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Hello all, this is my first post on here. I have been on MFP for a couple of years. I was 365 lbs, with 64% body fat a year ago, in December 2018. Today am happy to report that I have lost about 170 lbs with 21% body fat. Still about 15 to 20 lbs to go, to reach my target weight of about 175 to 180. I never tried the community feature on here, so thought I will give it a shot.

Oh also, I am 37 years old. And no I dont consider myself middle aged. Either that, or I am in denial :)

Well done - great progress.
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    2rtbpe0s7j4o.gif
  • HamptonsGuy
    HamptonsGuy Posts: 72 Member
    59 and will be 60 soon. As my late father used to say in his nineties, "I do not feel as old as I am". I feel the same way, though some days are a little rougher getting out of bed, depending on he day before work out. Today Saturday is cardio day, then Sunday is rest day. looking forward to ti. have a great weekend everyone!
  • reggiedrum
    reggiedrum Posts: 21 Member
    5k in 16 hours. Time to recharge batteries for the big day. Nite everybody.
  • AliNouveau
    reggiedrum wrote: »
    5k in 16 hours. Time to recharge batteries for the big day. Nite everybody.

Good luck
  • AliNouveau
    So it seems I have developed an allergy to almonds. Last two times I've had them I have felt really sick after. Might as well as another to the list

Happy weekend all!
  • hotvwchick1963
    hotvwchick1963 Posts: 8 Member
    56 and have 67 pounds to lose. Doctor intervened and the bomb was dropped. Need all the encouragement I can get. Please add me as a friend
  • javaking9
    javaking9 Posts: 12 Member
    Good morning all! I've had MFP for years and never used Communities until now. I'm quite introverted, but am really enjoying reading/liking posts and also find it motivating to have others like my progress statuses. Please add me if we aren't friends yet, thanks! 🙂
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Morning all - mid 50's guy here. Recommitting to a fitness plan; could use support and certainly willing to reciprocate :smile:
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    tim201200 wrote: »
    Morning all - mid 50's guy here. Recommitting to a fitness plan; could use support and certainly willing to reciprocate :smile:

Good luck
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    697 pages! That is a lot of middle agers here :o. I’m about to be 43 in January
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    VpinkLotus wrote: »

We're the cook kids. 😉[/quoting

I hope you don't cook kids lol
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Love to make new friends
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    VpinkLotus wrote: »

We're the cook kids. 😉[/quoting

I hope you don't cook kids lol

Ha! I should put my glasses on when I post.

What does it say about me that I didn’t even notice 😂 my eyes just guess at this point. Glasses denial