The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    I feel stuffed and not even tried the Christmas cake yet but just finished our first buffet only 2 more to go I might try a weigh in tomorrow if I grit my teeth!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I am logging my food today. For the first time in months! It is bad. Please excuse me if I'm cranky for the next year

Holiday goodies are everywhere. I have to wear a swimsuit in 3 weeks. Pray for me...

Yeah, we still have so many leftovers, all of them are kamakazi calorie explosions! I haven't even got to supper yet and I have just over 200kcal left!

My mom is leaving tomorrow for her Florida home. She's trying to bring her leftovers here. I locked her out. Sent her to my sister's. 😂

@Versicolour - Please don't be cranky for the whole year. A check in here cheers me up every time! :)

Laughed out loud at that comment, @IslandGal3. I considered doing something similar - not letting anyone in my house who was bringing Christmas goodies with them. HAHA! ;)

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    @alteredsteve175 I will try my best not to be cranky the whole year. I am sure once my appetite and cravings are under control it will only be intermittent crankiness. I will still post here though and keep hugging everything and everyone as always
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    51 and back in the saddle. Add me if you need a new friend 😁
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I successfully managed to fast yesterday; I'm hoping that it will work like it did last time in getting my mental appetite under control again, which got off the leash over the Christmas holiday. That mental hunger, where I know I'm not physically hungry but my brain is driving me to distraction demanding I eat something, that is the hardest battle I deal with daily! I know I'm not physically hungry, or that I'm not physically hungry any more, but my brain wants to eat. This is why the intuitive eating method would never work for me.

Now to just avoid the left over sweets in the break room today!
  • CMSC143
    CMSC143 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I’m 53 years young.. I’m in! Wohoooooo lol
  • Weigo2020
    Weigo2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I’m 41. I’m restarting my fitness pal this year. From September to December I gained 7 lbs and I ld like to lose 20 lbs this year. Feel free to add me.
  • gsurd
    gsurd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi just start... im 45 i hope i will get my target by summer

• ohmygodicantdothis
    Options
    Hi. Am Mylah - 46F. Started logging again day before yesterday (good day), then went off the rails when we ate out at the new restaurant in town tonight. I should have had a plan. I want to lose 25 lbs by April. Looking forward to getting to know more folks in these parts.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hi. Am Mylah - 46F. Started logging again day before yesterday (good day), then went off the rails when we ate out at the new restaurant in town tonight. I should have had a plan. I want to lose 25 lbs by April. Looking forward to getting to know more folks in these parts.

You CAN do it! Plans are good. I need a plan too. I am now back at my starting weight
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Here's to a great Saturday!
    :)
  • vikkibryant78
    vikkibryant78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Originally from the uk, now living in Bahrain. Determined to change myself. Please feel free to add. Could do with like minded people in the same boat as me.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    Weighed in put on 3lbs hoping some of it is water😀
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 Don't worry my friend. It's water weight which will come right off. You got this! No Worries!
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @anna2815 Top of the Morning to You!!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Discovered my love for lifting shortly before turning 40.
    Better late than never I suppose!
  • verocpaz
    verocpaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Add me too, I'm 41 and always willing to improve my fitness and nutrition. Currently I want to lose 5 pounds and already lost 10 pounds this year. I find it hard because it seems like my weight is always the same, kind of stuck. I workout, and I'm currently in a low carb diet and doing also 14-10. I hope by keeping track on my calories and macros I will see some change. Wish me luck!!! :D
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I somehow seemed to lose around 1 pound over Christmas. So job's a good 'un, even if unexpected.