The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1698699701703704888

Replies

  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    My countdown is on to 50 this year. This isn’t the shape I imagined I would be in at this point I my life but I’m trying to fix that and head into my 50’s with a better outlook

    I will hit 50 this year too, and at the moment in the worst shape of my life. I will be 50 in November, goal to be much healthier by then and down by at least 46 lbs.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    YellowD0gs wrote: »
    Good morning all. More snow on the way today, don't forget the mittens.

    Our snow is coming tomorrow, after being 60 degrees yesterday. Stay warm!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm 42 but certainly don't feel middle aged :s
  • SailorMom54
    SailorMom54 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! Feel free to add me..need friends and encouragement..48 over here!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,604 Member
    YellowD0gs wrote: »
    Good morning all. More snow on the way today, don't forget the mittens.

    Heard that. Winter has not left the high desert yet. Come on, spring!
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2020
    .
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 132 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    My countdown is on to 50 this year. This isn’t the shape I imagined I would be in at this point I my life but I’m trying to fix that and head into my 50’s with a better outlook

    I will hit 50 this year too, and at the moment in the worst shape of my life. I will be 50 in November, goal to be much healthier by then and down by at least 46 lbs.

    Good luck! November is my birth month as well!
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2020
    .
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    41 year old - always happy to add more mfp friends. Happily married, no flirting please

    :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 3,098 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    When do you all decide to donate all of your clothes in that particular size that is too big for you?

    Or do you all have one back up in that size that is too big for you because you fluctuate with time of the month menstruation or holiday treats?

    Or do you even keep a back up two sizes bigger than what you are now?

    Or do you just donate it all and never look back?

    The first time I lost 90 lbs back in 2012, I kept them all tucked in a tub in the back of my closet. It was rather disheartening when I regained the weight and had to dig them back out. This time around, however, when I dropped 100 lbs in 2017, I did give them away. I kept a couple just to compare to. So far, I've managed to keep from having to change sizes back up again, even though I did regain about 25 lbs (which I have so far managed to get back off and hopefully stay off!)

  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    I'm 54. I'd like to play, here, too. :blush: I have 25 regained pounds to drop, soooooo. :lol: It happened over the course of five years, and most of it during the last one. I did it before, I can do it again.
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,147 Member
    weight loss is still pretty recent for me so all my bigger clothes are still taking up room in my closet - guess I should do something about this weekend

    Hope all you middle agers are kicking some butt today!

    Big hugs!!
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    When do you all decide to donate all of your clothes in that particular size that is too big for you?

    Or do you all have one back up in that size that is too big for you because you fluctuate with time of the month menstruation or holiday treats?

    Or do you even keep a back up two sizes bigger than what you are now?

    Or do you just donate it all and never look back?

    Just before I was compelled to seriously diet, I had purchased a pair of Duluth Trading Post Firehose Jeans. They're not cheap. Wore them once and really liked 'em. Then I lost 25-ish pounds over the summer. When I tried them on earlier this Fall...OMG, they were YUGE!! Immediately put them on Craig's list, get 'em outta here. I don't even want to remember that at, one point, I thought that was a good idea.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    I'm 54. I'd like to play, here, too. :blush: I have 25 regained pounds to drop, soooooo. :lol: It happened over the course of five years, and most of it during the last one. I did it before, I can do it again.

    Im 13 pounds...finally faced the music and jumped on the scale...gained 13 pounds in the last year
    Im pissed..BUT what can you do..Im healthy and aiming to get back on track....
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited February 2020
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So happy!!!! Had my three and a half month post surgery follow up and the surgeon and his assistant were very pleased. I don't have to go back! I can and should be doing all that I am, i.e. weights and building my strength. There was a second where the assistant had the dates wrong and I was about to get in trouble for curling but I corrected them. Haha.
    If you're putting off having something like a shoulder repaired I say just go for it. You'll hear horror stories but some work well. I won't be fully healed for at least a year but no one would ever know I've had anything done yay

    Awesome news!
    My mom is young, but due to arthritis, needed a hip replacement and put it off for years!
    She had her surgery Nov and is smooth sailing...so happy she did it and wished she did it sooner!

    Glad to hear the recovery is going well
  • So, how do you become a member to this club? I’m on the older end of it 😂. Plus I would love to have some friends around that age as well.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So happy!!!! Had my three and a half month post surgery follow up and the surgeon and his assistant were very pleased. I don't have to go back! I can and should be doing all that I am, i.e. weights and building my strength. There was a second where the assistant had the dates wrong and I was about to get in trouble for curling but I corrected them. Haha.
    If you're putting off having something like a shoulder repaired I say just go for it. You'll hear horror stories but some work well. I won't be fully healed for at least a year but no one would ever know I've had anything done yay

    Awesome news!
    My mom in young but due to arthritis needed a hip replacement and put it off for years!
    She had her surgery Nov and is smooth sailing...so happy she did it and wished she did it sooner!

    Glad to hear the recovery is going well

    It's crazy why do we put these things off?
    I guess in orthopedic terms they have a difference scale of old and young. Now I have to work on this scapular winging. I thought everyone's shoulder blades stick out.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So happy!!!! Had my three and a half month post surgery follow up and the surgeon and his assistant were very pleased. I don't have to go back! I can and should be doing all that I am, i.e. weights and building my strength. There was a second where the assistant had the dates wrong and I was about to get in trouble for curling but I corrected them. Haha.
    If you're putting off having something like a shoulder repaired I say just go for it. You'll hear horror stories but some work well. I won't be fully healed for at least a year but no one would ever know I've had anything done yay

    Awesome news!
    My mom in young but due to arthritis needed a hip replacement and put it off for years!
    She had her surgery Nov and is smooth sailing...so happy she did it and wished she did it sooner!

    Glad to hear the recovery is going well

    It's crazy why do we put these things off?
    I guess in orthopedic terms they have a difference scale of old and young. Now I have to work on this scapular winging. I thought everyone's shoulder blades stick out.

    IDK..guess fear...what if I'm worse off after?
    I was pushing her because since she is young/healthy..recovery usually better...

  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    So, how do you become a member to this club? I’m on the older end of it 😂. Plus I would love to have some friends around that age as well.


    approved!! We really have no standards..LOL
    we should have a fancy enrollment process.... :)