The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    My soul age is 25, just saying...lol Feel free to add me, Just started back this week.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    CdnCmpr wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm Missy from Ontario and just turned 44. I was a member of MFP years ago when I had to get my weight back on track after having kids (please ignore the fact that they are both teens right now - smashes head on wall). I joined about 5 years back and lost 35+lbs....then our whole family took a 2 week vacation to Florida in Nov of '18 and had a blast, and I put on about 5-10lbs...not much, but then Christmas came and you know the story. The motivation just wasn't there.
    But now....there is a different story. At the suggestion of my Dr., I have gone off my acid reflux meds cold turkey; in turn, I have cut out most chocolate....ok, chocolate after dinner, to be honest, most sugar, bananas and other citrus fruit. I have also cut out alcohol during the week and have stuck to my intermittent fasting plan.
    So, yes....I'm a huge believer in intermittent fasting. I know many aren't, mainly bc they don't believe in it or think it's bad for you. That's ok....I'm not here to win you over on intermittent fasting. I just want to gain a few friends that can make this journey with me....maybe make weight loss a bit more fun. So, if we have something in common, feel free to add me and we can help each other!

Hey Missy from Canada I'm Ali from Canada haha

We all always end up back here it seems. I almost thing it's easier to lose than to maintain. Good luck and stay warm!!!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I was supposed to do a 20 mile walk this Sunday. It was an organised thing. The forecast wind is gusting to 60 mph, so it looks like it will be blown out.

I have had many dives blown out before, but very few (if any) walks.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Second strike day this week for schools
    We have been exploring our city. Yesterday was downtown for the museum of illusions and today was to a skate trail close to the lake.
    I'm going to run out of things to do if this strike goes on much longer yokmas5ht450.jpg

Would love to skate that! Me and my son had planned on going to the skating ribbon in Chicago someday, oh well:(
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Happy Friday, y'all!
  • AliNouveau
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Second strike day this week for schools
    We have been exploring our city. Yesterday was downtown for the museum of illusions and today was to a skate trail close to the lake.
    I'm going to run out of things to do if this strike goes on much longer yokmas5ht450.jpg

Would love to skate that! Me and my son had planned on going to the skating ribbon in Chicago someday, oh well:(

☹️
    We love these skate trails and they are everywhere here it seems. There's one in a provincial park up north I want to go to. I think it's over 1km long
  • shwncarson2
    shwncarson2 Posts: 19 Member
    32 looking for fitness buddies
  • AliNouveau
    Holy moley it's a cold one today
    But we're cozy and warm inside after having an impromptu play date with the neighbours.
    Our public schools are in the midst of striking. They're doing rotating strikes. So today they could tell us their comments for report cards but not the grades. I would have thought just giving letter grades would be much easier than constructive comments. There seems to be no end in sight, I think everyone including the teachers are getting sick of the fight.

Happy Valentine's Day middle agers!!!
  • shwncarson2
    But we're cozy and warm inside after having an impromptu play date with the neighbours.
    Our public schools are in the midst of striking. They're doing rotating strikes. So today they could tell us their comments for report cards but not the grades. I would have thought just giving letter grades would be much easier than constructive comments. There seems to be no end in sight, I think everyone including the teachers are getting sick of the fight.

This sounds like no fun!
  • AliNouveau

This sounds like no fun!

The cold or the school strike???

It's been fun for my boy he's averaged 2 days of school a week for the past 3 weeks!!!
    We might be getting a 5 day weekend
  • shwncarson2

This sounds like no fun!

It's been fun for my boy he's averaged 2 days of school a week for the past 3 weeks!!!

Lucky just make sure you guys play in the snow.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning and Happy Valentine's Middle-agers <3
  • AliNouveau

This sounds like no fun!

It's too cold to snow today haha. But it's beautifully sunny out. So Canadian saying that!! Haha. The air hurts my face but it's sunny at least
  • Good evening...
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Friday and Valentines day you beautiful people. Went out and got treats for all the kids and the hubby. Wonder if any of them will remember me? HAHAHA
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member

This sounds like no fun!

It's too cold to snow today haha. But it's beautifully sunny out. So Canadian saying that!! Haha. The air hurts my face but it's sunny at least

It's so cold here, I think my hands and feet are just permanently numb
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have booked the operation which should remove my scuba depth limit. I am hoping to dive Norway and Scapa Flow this year, if all goes well.

Scapa is where the German War One fleet scuttled themselves. I have dived it once before - it is brilliant.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I survived my 10km night run. I did it in 92 minutes. One minute slower than last year!

I am definitely not as fit as I was last year. I pushed myself a bit much and ended up hurling all over the driveway. At least I made it out the car though!
  • slimgirljo15
    I survived my 10km night run. I did it in 92 minutes. One minute slower than last year!

I am definitely not as fit as I was last year. I pushed myself a bit much and ended up hurling all over the driveway. At least I made it out the car though!

Yayyy way to go, not on the hurling but completing 😁
  • slimgirljo15
    drmwc wrote: »
    I have booked the operation which should remove my scuba depth limit. I am hoping to dive Norway and Scapa Flow this year, if all goes well.

Scapa is where the German War One fleet scuttled themselves. I have dived it once before - it is brilliant.

Hope the op goes well :) , looking forward to dive pics later this year