Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Dreamers8969Dreamers8969 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Looking for female friends to share fitness goals with. 43, stuck inside :-(
    Need to lose 30-40lbs. Walk, run, dance... I don't know, will try anything that works!
  • _Southern_Kev_Southern_Kev Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Happy Friday Guys. Have a great weekend.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 35,035 Member Member Posts: 35,035 Member
    Hooray for Friday!!! Well I guess Fridays these days are pretty much like any other day really.

I hope everyone is keeping busy and staying healthy. I'm excited to pick up a grocery order this weekend which includes yard waste bags so I'll get to start cleaning up my yard. Have a good one my middle aged friends
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 8,802 Member Member Posts: 8,802 Member
    Sunday is almost done. Tomorrow I start my first week of "working from home". Seems like 50ish isn't too old to learn new things.
  • edub21_2000edub21_2000 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hey, everyone been using this app just learning there is a community side would be happy to add friends.
    So it was a beautiful day here today and I decided to do some yard work. This included climbing up on a fence to prune a lilac tree and getting attacked by the raspberries. I'd say all in all a good day. I'll tackle more tomorrow. It's nice getting outside and getting some exercise wrestling with overgrown plants
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member Posts: 3,045 Member Member Posts: 3,045 Member
    Don't prune any more lilacs until they bloom for the season. It can't be long, even up there. I have some lilacs that I should have cleaned up last year that will get done this year, but not for another month. They are FAT with buds; I can hardly wait. I miss my winter daphne; it died years ago.
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Member Posts: 429 Member Member Posts: 429 Member
    Good morning everyone, been awful quiet in here lately. Hope you all are staying safe.
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 8,802 Member Member Posts: 8,802 Member
    Awful quiet everywhere. Curfew, no traffic, no people on the streets, no noise, etc.
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 242,011 Member Member Posts: 242,011 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Awful quiet everywhere. Curfew, no traffic, no people on the streets, no noise, etc.

Like that here too..
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 426 Member Member, Premium Posts: 426 Member
    Do you have a formal curfew? We don't, although I assume no-one is out late.

We're allowed to leave the house for exercise once per day, or going to the shops. I have never been so grateful for my garden - I've been averaging 12,000 steps on days where I don't leave the house. It's a lot fewer than normal, but the best I can do in the circumstances.
    Yikes curfews are scary.

We're still just supposed to stay home and try to go out once a week for groceries etc. We are allowed to go for walks just make sure you cross the street when we encounter others. The streets are so quiet though. It's very relaxing the hustle and bustle has stopped
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 426 Member Member, Premium Posts: 426 Member
    As requested, the skirting board bedroom traverse. I've downgraded it to a v2.

edited April 9
  • rhopar33rhopar33 Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member
    Hello, ad please feel free to add me! I’m 51 and for the last 10 weeks I decided to do something about my weight! My goal is to lose 60 lbs. In 10 weeks I’m down 31.3 lbs and counting...
    drmwc wrote: »
    As requested, the skirting board bedroom traverse. I've downgraded it to a v2.

Well that looks like fun.
  • 5791201957912019 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, is this group still active ? I can’t see anything since 2016
    57912019 wrote: »
    Hi all, is this group still active ? I can’t see anything since 2016

I posted like 6 minutes before you did.
    If it's on the first page of the forum it's active
  • RippedFattyRippedFatty Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    In the late teens and 20s It was Myspace, Bars, and pof/dating apps.
    Early to mid 30's it was Facebook, YouTube, and a little Instagram.
    Now in our upper plus 30s, here we are.
    ;)
    Boooo it's a bit windy and chilly out today and my out door workout space is covered with whatever our maple tree sheds evey spring. But I'm still going to brave the elements.

Hope everyone is still staying sane in this crazy new world in which we live. Since we're teeing to have no contact with people at all due to some health issues I just ordered beer this morning! Hoping it's delivered sometime today since I ordered from a friend's brewery 😂
    edited April 9
  • emjaybebemjaybeb Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
    Heyyy,my 39th will be celebrated in lockdown. Not that I'm celebrating my now late 30s 🤦🏼‍♀️😆