The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Katannham
    Katannham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I'm 38 and an airline pilot. I put on the "training 20" and trying to avoid the "quarantine 15". I also quit smoking after 23yrs so trying to get my health back the right way.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Morning all
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It is night time here ..But Morning to you
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! Hope you can spend some time with your family today. Be sure to hug your Dad and tell him how much you appreciate him!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Morning Middle-agers :)
    Fathers day here isn't till the first Sunday in September, but wishing all you dad's a wonderful day 🤗
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    46 feel free to add me
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Fathers day here isn't till the first Sunday in September, but wishing all you dad's a wonderful day 🤗

Wow!! Didn't know there were different dates for Father's Day. Do you have a different Mother's Day too? This world is crazy - different Thanksgiving, different Labour Day, the Chinese even have a different New Year's Day.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Wow!! Didn't know there were different dates for Father's Day. Do you have a different Mother's Day too? This world is crazy - different Thanksgiving, different Labour Day, the Chinese even have a different New Year's Day.

Our Mothers Day is the second Sunday of May and we don't have Thanksgiving 🙂
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good morning one and all, hope you are all doing good on the sunny & warm Monday morning.

Please feel free to add me, always happy to have more friends to help along this journey.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Easter varies depending on what brand of Christianity you use. Eastern Christianity generally uses the Julian calendar and so Easter happens around 13 days later. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter)
  • R2chy
    R2chy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Include me in this group 😁
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning/afternoon everyone. Today is day 1 of me making some changes, and setting new goals. 11 months until 50.
    I hope you all have a wonderful week!

I think you have a typo, I believe you meant 11 months until 40.
    Good luck with your changes, just don't go changing who you are 😘
  • backagain22
    backagain22 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've been here before and MFP helped me lose the weight. Trying to get back into it. Friends would be awesome.
  • globe_trekker03
    globe_trekker03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello! Avid Peloton user and just started weight lifting again. Feeling great! Needed to dial in my nutrition and so far so good. I was really under-eating (panicked when I started working from home), which meant my body was hanging on to every calorie (at least per my MD). Will be excited to see where I am in 4-5 weeks. Hope you all are doing well!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Our Mothers Day is the second Sunday of May and we don't have Thanksgiving 🙂

Okay. So "normal" Mother's Day. No Thanksgiving where I am either. I give thanks every Sunday. 😏
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning/afternoon everyone. Today is day 1 of me making some changes, and setting new goals. 11 months until 50.
    I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Best wishes on your new goals! Alot can happen in 11 months!
  • udontgetme
    udontgetme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Finally a group I could fit into.
  • Mioseschallenge
    Mioseschallenge Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add 30 🔥💯❤️ And hi to everyone
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    My_Fitness_Journey2020 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm getting restarted on here and would love some new friends :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Checking in to see how we middle agers are doing? My city is about to lift some restrictions in less than half an hour. We won't partake but it's kind of exciting. Summer is here, school is about to end, things are certainly looking up