The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians here! 🍁 (Didn't have a Canadian flag emoji, so that maple leaf will have to do.) 😁

Rolled over the calendar to July this morning and read this quote -- "The best is yet to be." - Robert Browning

Here's hoping that is true for the second half of 2020!
  • alteredsteve175
    edited July 2020
    marjieanne wrote: »
    Hello, please add me, just starting back. Not sure how to follow groups!

Go to the top of this page. You will see a grayed out star on the upper right. Click on the star and it will turn yellow. Now it is bookmarked for you.

When you come back to the community page, click on the star on the upper far right - directly across from the Message Boards header. That will show you your bookmarked pages. Just follow the links from there.

• alteredsteve175
    49 year old desperate to lose weight to become healthy! Any tips would be welcomed!

Go to the top of the page in the forums. Each page has a list of useful information at the top of the page. Here are a couple to get you started. Lots of good info there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

And then ask questions as needed. Most people here are glad to share their knowledge and experiences.

• BourbonCowboy
    BourbonCowboy Posts: 21 Member
    Brand new here, at least to Premium, have to make some life changes. I've been off and on with my fitness, I like having too much fun.

So figured I'd try something new, be a little vulnerable...which is not my style, and seek out motivation. I've got decent muscle mass (180lbs), but not so great fat mass (73lbs), so this guy's got some work to put in. I am restricted to 1550 cal, 90g carbs, 105g protein, ill be darned if the doc didn't tell me how many g for fat...80g seems high. Hit me up share your thoughts!
  • Fibrofighter13
    Fibrofighter13 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm not sure how to follow a group but looking for more friends to help motivate me. In VA here, add me if you're looking for the same😉
  • deedeehar
    deedeehar Posts: 8 Member
    Hello 44 heading for 45! Add me please
  • WNCRun
    WNCRun Posts: 153 Member
    Tap the grey star at the top. When it turns yellow, you’re following!
  • BourbonCowboy
    How do I find out who liked a post of mine so I may say thank you and/or make friends?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    How do I find out who liked a post of mine so I may say thank you and/or make friends?

You can't..all reactions are anonymous :)
  • BourbonCowboy
    Ok cool! Thank you!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Ok cool! Thank you!

You're welcome. :)
  • WNCRun
    WNCRun Posts: 153 Member
    LOL There are more of us like you (and me) in here then like them...
  • marjieanne
    marjieanne Posts: 15 Member
    So true, we are doing the best we can, right (honesty, I could do better) that's why I have you all! To help be motivated and work towards making us all a better version of ourselves!!
  • marjieanne
    Hello. 😊 Not a newbie, in fact I’ve been off/on MFP for over 9 years now. Nowhere near new to dieting either. I’ve yo-yo’d all my adult life. I’ve tried just about every diet out there. I recently quit my first time trying Keto (even though I dropped 6 pounds the first 10 days). I just couldn’t handle all the fat/cholesterol. Every time, I always come back to the simple and basic counting calories with exercising. It’s the only thing I’ve ever stuck with that actually works. I’m looking for accountability/support friends who are close to my age with similar backgrounds and goals. I’d like to lose my age in pounds. Anyone else?

• marjieanne
    I totally understand. I think I may be on that same crazy cycle..... just want something that works long term without the craziness!
  • marjieanne
    I'm not sure how to follow a group but looking for more friends to help motivate me. In VA here, add me if you're looking for the same😉

• marjieanne
    WNCRun wrote: »
    Tap the grey star at the top. When it turns yellow, you’re following!

• marjieanne
    Thanks! I think I'm starting to figure this out!!