The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    juliet148 wrote: »
    Hey All! 38 just rejoined after failing to get healthy when I first joined 10 years ago. Mom to 3 kiddos, work full time in the rat race... Gotta get healthy before the big 4-0.

Come on Juliet you can do this.
  • RandJ6280
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Makes me sad I'm now old enough for this group, but love the people here!!

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)

Never too old for here 🙂

That's right @slimgirljo15 ~ never ever to old for us.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

You don't want to be me then!! I'm almost too old for the group. It ends at 50ish, and I'm beyond "ish". :)

Never too old for here 🙂

Exactly.. all are welcome here 🙂

Hope everyone is having a great day. 🙂 6am and the most important part of my day is being enjoyed...sipping my ☕ because without my coffee my brain doesn't work..true story 😁
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    A good day
    Shopping
    Made my own lemon curd
    19,300 steps
    2333 calories burned
    8 miles in total 2 walks
    I think I am on a roll!
  • RandJ6280

Never too old for here 🙂

Hope everyone is having a great day. 🙂 6am and the most important part of my day is being enjoyed...sipping my ☕ because without my coffee my brain doesn't work..true story 😁

Sipping my coffee now.... I love my coffee... I wish my coffee had arms so it could hug me back.... but I know it loves me because I can feel it warming my heart.

632181_w600h600.jpg
  • BillyOldish
    BillyOldish Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I'm 44 and miss the 90s desperately. I love horror movies, Mary Jane, cats, the rain and my son. I'm hoping to lose some of the weight I put back on when I used MyFitnessPal years ago, it worked really well and quick, unfortunately some recent health issues caused me to gain some weight so I'm back for round two. Feel free to add me please! ✌️
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2020
    Officially covid free! (There was never a doubt)
    We are in possession of our new fridge!
    It even has a surprise ice maker
    It's a good day in Ali world!!!
  • gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    Hi everyone. :) I've been trying to do this weight loss alone and it's a struggle. Especially with metabolism slowing :(

I'm 49 and looking to connect with some good people who understands the extra challenges we get with age.

I hear you...it does get harder...it nearly made me quit, but after reading the David Goggins book I realized I was being way too soft. It's hard work, but it pays off....we just have to want it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Never too old for here 🙂

Sipping my coffee now.... I love my coffee... I wish my coffee had arms so it could hug me back.... but I know it loves me because I can feel it warming my heart.

632181_w600h600.jpg

I know this feeling ❤☕
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Morning all
  • RandJ6280
    Good morning all, how is everyone doing today?
  • RandJ6280
    Good morning!:)

Good morning North View ~ how are you today?
  • RandJ6280
    Hi, RandJ! Doing pretty well, how about yourself?
    Good morning!:)

Good morning North View ~ how are you today?

Doing great.... I've been working at home since March (thank-you Covid19) but this time of year I am glad to have an inside job. lol
  • RandJ6280
    twiglet247 wrote: »
    Hello, I have just joined today, and hoping to make a friend or two so that we can motivate each other.
    I am 58 yrs old, divorced mother to 3, grandma to 2 soon to be 3. Have dieted on and off for most of my life, usually on WW but looking for a fresh start. Have over 100lbs to lose, but need to do it for my health.
    So, off I go to get started, have a great day everyone!

Welcome to the group.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy mid week!!
    What's up with the middle agers? We finally got out new fridge yesterday, I'm making chicken stock to make spicy Thai soup, planning a trip to Niagara for Saturday. Yay
  • RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy mid week!!
    What's up with the middle agers? We finally got out new fridge yesterday, I'm making chicken stock to make spicy Thai soup, planning a trip to Niagara for Saturday. Yay

GREAT for ya'll. I LOVE Thai food. We did a Japanese steak house last night for dinner.... WAY to much sodium... I'm feeling it today. Niagara?? sounds fun... never been there... would love to. I've flown over it when I was in the Air Force.... we were on a C-130, they dropped the back end and we were strapped in. It was fun and exciting.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy mid week!!

GREAT for ya'll. I LOVE Thai food. We did a Japanese steak house last night for dinner.... WAY to much sodium... I'm feeling it today. Niagara?? sounds fun... never been there... would love to. I've flown over it when I was in the Air Force.... we were on a C-130, they dropped the back end and we were strapped in. It was fun and exciting.

This soup is really good I made it a couple if weeks ago. It's crazy spicy but was one of those things you eat saying omg this is too spicy but it's also too good haha

I'm lining up a couple of wineries to go to and we will stop at a couple of waterfalls but not go to the actual falls. Here if you're going to Niagara then usually it means the area....going to the falls means you're going to Niagara falls. Haha. I want to visit some fruit markets too and we'll probably stop at the Welland canal. You can look online and find out when ships are passing through the locks. It's really quite neat. My family always would stop there and now we make it a stop and often take visitors. It's a bit off the beaten track kinda thing
  • scottysgal
    scottysgal Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’m looking for some motivation. I am 43 and looking to lose 36 lbs by the end of the year. That is not my ultimate goal but it is a start and I need something smaller to start with and that had a good goal date. I am married and my son is a senior this coming year. I am a habilitation technician part time. If you would like to be my friend and help to motivate each other that would be great!
  • RandJ6280
    Happy mid week!!

This soup is really good I made it a couple if weeks ago. It's crazy spicy but was one of those things you eat saying omg this is too spicy but it's also too good haha

I'm lining up a couple of wineries to go to and we will stop at a couple of waterfalls but not go to the actual falls. Here if you're going to Niagara then usually it means the area....going to the falls means you're going to Niagara falls. Haha. I want to visit some fruit markets too and we'll probably stop at the Welland canal. You can look online and find out when ships are passing through the locks. It's really quite neat. My family always would stop there and now we make it a stop and often take visitors. It's a bit off the beaten track kinda thing

I would imagine if you're anywhere close to the actual falls.... it gets touristy. I follow a photographer on YouTube, and she is from Hamilton and she does landscape work.. AMAZING area. But she rarely goes to the falls.