Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Joeyd727Joeyd727 Member Posts: 1,197 Member Member Posts: 1,197 Member
    Hi, im Joey Im from NYC
  • smiles672smiles672 Member Posts: 76 Member Member Posts: 76 Member
    Hello from PA, feel free to add!!
  • mvskoke_yekce3000mvskoke_yekce3000 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hello! I used MFP for years. I left because of my health. I understand that terms evolve. I’m not offended by the OP caption. I’m 44 years of age and still have people think I’m in college and live on campus. The number of my age does not bother me. I do care to not look older than I am which I do not. 😊
  • BodyTalkingBodyTalking Member Posts: 117 Member Member Posts: 117 Member
    Hi, my half century birthday is approaching and I need to get rid of my extra lockdown lumps. What's in store for me?
  • LisaHeb1979LisaHeb1979 Member Posts: 189 Member Member Posts: 189 Member
    Happy Monday fabulous people!!
  • DeadSkeltonDeadSkelton Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6 Member
    37 year old Veteran of the US Army getting back on track I recently reached 2 of my goals first was 10 miles in 2 hour run and this morning 6 miles in 1 hour. Im looking for friends or anyone who likes to motivte and be motivated or people that just want another friend. If you want add me to your friends and lets take this journey together.
  • Bigsur2Bigsur2 Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    43 here. Add me!! Current friends list is pretty disappointing 🙄
  • tigerlily5629tigerlily5629 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all...38 here. Not really new but been away for a bit. Getting back to it! Feel free to add, more friends are always welcome :)
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 9,521 Member Member Posts: 9,521 Member
    Bigsur2 wrote: »
    43 here. Add me!! Current friends list is pretty disappointing 🙄

Okay. Done it.
  • GigiJaboGigiJabo Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. Im 39. I have to say seeing you all makes me feel so much better about aging because you all look great and its really inspiring to see how you all are pursuing your goals and living life to the fullest. Would love to have some motivational friends so please add me 😄
  • 1proudmomoffour1proudmomoffour Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    I decided to leave another well known weight loss/get healthy group for personal reasons. I've heard wonderful things about My Fitness Pal and so I thought I'd give it a try. I really miss the inspiration from the previous community and am looking for encouragement and togetherness, hope to find it here!
    edited August 2020
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,282 Member Member Posts: 1,282 Member
    It's great there are so many people being added on here, good luck super heroes you have got this!
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member, Premium Posts: 578 Member Member, Premium Posts: 578 Member
    Good morning everyone!
  • SweatsOnSundaySweatsOnSunday Member Posts: 511 Member Member Posts: 511 Member
    Good morning -- 54/m here and all this staying at home and teleworking has led to putting on about 20 pounds! If they called me back in today, I am not sure I'd fit into a suit. Anyone else seen a gain with so much time at home?
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 254,703 Member Member, Premium Posts: 254,703 Member
    Good morning -- 54/m here and all this staying at home and teleworking has led to putting on about 20 pounds! If they called me back in today, I am not sure I'd fit into a suit. Anyone else seen a gain with so much time at home?

Plenty of people have gained. :(
    vrfd6412crxe.jpg
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,363 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,363 Member

About eight pounds in March and April. Stopped the gain in May. Started working it back down in June and July, and I'm almost back to maintaining in the middle of my goal range -- almost where I was in February.
  • Paul_IngyPaul_Ingy Member, Premium Posts: 121 Member Member, Premium Posts: 121 Member
    Hey all, 40 something here from the UK saying "HI"
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member

Who hasn't! I'm on a get fit by the end of summer spree. Join me we can shed some pounds by September
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member, Premium Posts: 578 Member Member, Premium Posts: 578 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Who hasn't! I'm on a get fit by the end of summer spree. Join me we can shed some pounds by September

I'm with ya Ali!
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 560 Member Member, Premium Posts: 560 Member
    I lost 2 pounds over lockdown. I am 140 pounds, and looking to gain a little weight.

I don't seem to be in line with rest of the world around lockdown. I have only watched 90 minutes television. :)
    edited August 2020