The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• dmtownley6508
    dmtownley6508 Posts: 2 Member
    51 here in Texas and refusing to gain the furlough-fifteen.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Good morning middle-agers from a windy Australia. Geez it's so windy that on my dog walk my 3 poodles flew like kites :D

😂 I can picture that! August is typically gusty for us, but not so much this year
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m 46, living in Ireland and busy with work, family and studying. I’ve been back on MFP for two weeks after a year’s break. I lost two stone a few years ago but it has all crept back on. I’m feeling in the right mindset now to get back on track. Looking for friends who like running (slowly) and walking regularly.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning middle-agers from a windy Australia. Geez it's so windy that on my dog walk my 3 poodles flew like kites :D

😂 I can picture that! August is typically gusty for us, but not so much this year

Yeah, August is our usual windy month too.
  • adityamittal6013
    adityamittal6013 Posts: 4 Member
  • FortiesFitFab
    FortiesFitFab Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2020
    Jumping on to say hello! I am 46 years old and after battling cancer and a myriad of other health issues, I found a surgeon to address a chronic health problem that had me on massive amounts of meds that in turn, caused me to gain an incredible amount of weight. After surgery, I joined a weight loss program and started increasing my activity level. I am 4 pounds away of meeting my 125-pound weight loss goal! I am fit, healthier than I have ever been, but would love to have workout buddies to help push me towards my fitness goals. I do have a massive hernia that is going to be repaired in December of this year (CoVID pushed back my surgery). I am also recently divorced and have jumped into the dating world, ouch..lol! Glad to be here :)

Edit: I forgot to add I am a teacher that lives in NYC...gyms are still closed but I have been killing the workouts at home!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

What sort of 69?

Is that your "Upper 30s,40s & 50ish" age?
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning middle agers! 41 here and getting healthier and fitter
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Hey guys, How do you get on, when you have reached a huge goal? I have reached a huge milestone, but have a really hard time getting started again and on to the next goal.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hey guys, How do you get on, when you have reached a huge goal? I have reached a huge milestone, but have a really hard time getting started again and on to the next goal.

Create another goal? Congrats on your reaching a milestone but if you're goal oriented the only way to keep going is find a new one
  • KetoNewLife
    KetoNewLife Posts: 88 Member
    Set a new TYPE of goal!
    When I reach my goal weight and running 5K with my Marine son I will set a goal NOT weight related but maybe some type of athletic challenge I have never done before.
  • micahMcintosh
    micahMcintosh Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. Please add me, I'd like to connect more with people on here .
  • KKandi13
    KKandi13 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello fellow middle agers! B)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member

What was the goal you reached? Was it intended to be a final goal?

Maybe "restarting" can lead you to the new goal. If you are at your goal weight, now you can make it a goal to develop a way of eating that you can keep up for the rest of your life. It's a tough one, but it's one you MUST do lest you revert to where you were before you had to set your first goal.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Okay, so I have to brag a bit again. I made my friend a carrot cake for her birthday this last Saturday. A little one because of the lockdown
    v4683866gndh.jpg

That looks freaking amazing 🤤
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Good morning all! 56 yr old male, recommitting myself to fitness. Feel free to add me!
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    43 here and can’t believe my life went by so fast!!! 😂😂
  • Billy_wicks
    Billy_wicks Posts: 2 Member
    47 and returning mfper, had a knee injury and gained alot of weight, only exercise I can do currently is at work.
    Looking for friends for the journey :)