Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• willplanet5willplanet5 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    Turned 40 in August!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 259,387 Member Member, Premium Posts: 259,387 Member
    leos_daddy wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Jason. I turn 54 2 weeks from now. Yay, Team Scorpio. I'm more in maintenance mode though I could stand to lose about 5-10 more pounds and gain a bit more muscle. Please feel free to add me.

Now there's a familiar face.. hi Jason :)
  • DonaldjNelsonDonaldjNelson Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    Just turned 40 last weekend had a blast with family back home. I hope everyone has a great week
  • FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    Love the old cookbook! I did think pecan pie was invented to sell Karo syrup but interesting to find they just made it popular in the 1930s. And yes, I did fall into a Google hole about pecan pie.

Is yellow sugar unbleached, unrefined sugar?

Roll on Thanksgiving...

Feeling my age today (and then some) as I slipped and fell this morning and think I may have bruised everything. I twisted my ankle a bit yesterday and think it just made it a bit easier for a full fall on my *kitten* today.

Anyway hope everyone has a lovely Thursday.

• FutureFit2020FutureFit2020 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    I did not fall on my kitten for the record.

One, she is hardly a kitten anymore, no matter what she tells people and two, it probably would have been the end of her if I had! :D
  • LunaTheFatCatLunaTheFatCat Member Posts: 237 Member Member Posts: 237 Member

One, she is hardly a kitten anymore, no matter what she tells people and two, it probably would have been the end of her if I had! :D

Hahaha your poor kitty!
    Hope you're ok though, sounds painful!

Absolutely rotten day here today, rain lashing on the window, heater's on. Doubt very much I'll get my walk in today. But I got myself a good old aerobic step this week so I can always put my leotard on and do a YouTube step class later on.
    But first I'm trying to make myself start on this bugger of a tender, that's been sitting in my inbox for way too long already - uuuurgh!

I'm laughing at the mess I caused with my comment on the corn syrup! I don't know it at all, except from the horror movies like "the truth about sugar".
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 36,288 Member Member Posts: 36,288 Member
    @FutureFit2020 hope you're ok. Last time I slipped in my kitchen I majorly sprained my ankle. Hope you faired better

@LunaTheFatCat I love the leotard image, I hope you add legwarmers. I'm a huge fan of legwarmers

We just have a grey day ahead. Apparently snow could be on its way in the very near future
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever feel like they are ready to go on strike??? I swear that my kids and husband can manage to not see or hear ANYTHING. Garbages overflowing, wrappers laying around, dishwasher that needs emptying etc. I got up this morning, walked upstairs and just seriously wanted to walk right out of the house and check myself into a hotel for a few days.

This Covid thing is just so hard sometimes. Working from home, kids schooling at home, I get jealous of my husband for getting to leave to go to work. I love my kids/puppies so much, but OH MY GOD. Just a few hours break would be nice.

Sorry to vent/whine. It was just a rough morning. But I'm drinking my snarky tea "Calm the F*** down" and zen will take over...soon I hope!!!

It's tough having everyone home. They don't realize the mess they make just by being home and my family is similar it's like they just don't notice the disaster they create.

My husband if he clears his dinner dishes will expect praise, the boy changes his clothes at the computer which is in the dining room and just leaves them there. His garbage is always overflowing it's like they just don't see the clutter and crud.

Hope you can get out a bit, I have been going for walks for some peace and quiet to myself, unfortunately often hubs wants to come which I feel bad feeling upset cause he really needs to do some kind of activity but that's my quiet time
  • LunaTheFatCatLunaTheFatCat Member Posts: 237 Member Member Posts: 237 Member
    Same here. I'm working from home this week, The girls and husband are on a week off. And guess who's still wiping crumbs off the counter or tells girls to bring their glasses/plates down and put them IN the dishwasher - rather than leave them on top....
    Whenever possible I try to go for a walk, I ended up going just now after all. It was crazy windy out there and still a bit wet, so I'm completely wind swept, but that's ok, no one sees me anyway.
  • mtaratootmtaratoot Member, Premium Posts: 5,925 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,925 Member

Yes, of course it's obvious you actually fell on your DONKEY. 🐴
  • forestfreekforestfreek Member Posts: 5,659 Member Member Posts: 5,659 Member
    Same here. I'm working from home this week, The girls and husband are on a week off. And guess who's still wiping crumbs off the counter or tells girls to bring their glasses/plates down and put them IN the dishwasher - rather than leave them on top....
    Whenever possible I try to go for a walk, I ended up going just now after all. It was crazy windy out there and still a bit wet, so I'm completely wind swept, but that's ok, no one sees me anyway.

Hugest hugs to you.....
    I think many can relate to this, especially your last line.
    I value and appreciate you. You’re funny and smart and I always enjoy reading your comments.
    I see you 🤗🤗🤗

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 30,531 Member Member Posts: 30,531 Member
    @AliNouveau Is there such a thing as dark chocolate ginger snaps, like those cookies of yours...would adding fresh ginger be off the wall.
  • _canadianbakin__canadianbakin_ Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
    Glad I'm not the only one that has a teenager who leaves his clothes at his desk and plates and cups lol. I know one day I will be sad he's not 'little' anymore.
    @AliNouveau Is there such a thing as dark chocolate ginger snaps, like those cookies of yours...would adding fresh ginger be off the wall.

Ooooh I love your thinking!!! I will have to try. Could even add chunks of crystalized ginger. Wouldn't that be a treat!
    So I got an email with a two week free workout video program from some YouTube fitness people I follow. Well the first week is free you have to pay for the second. I'm the type of person who likes to get things done so I did all 6 of the first week yesterday and today. It was kind of fun really. Maybe I should offer to be the tester for these programs they do. Tomorrow I'll do a couple more workouts and then be ready for Halloween candy binge. 🤣😂
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    g2p58nk26g7z.png

Ayup.

Ginger and chocolate are such a nice combo
    Now I want to make some ginger snaps....maybe for Halloween
    @AliNouveau You're the champion baker. You've got to come up with a recipe. Dark chocolate ginger snaps.
  • forestfreekforestfreek Member Posts: 5,659 Member Member Posts: 5,659 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @AliNouveau You're the champion baker. You've got to come up with a recipe. Dark chocolate ginger snaps.

Oh lord.....
    YUM 😍