The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• BakerXGe
    BakerXGe Posts: 5 Member
    49F... with 50 coming in less than 7 months. I have lost about 20 of the 75lb loss goal by 50. Ultimately, I'd like to loss a total of 90lbs or so. Seems daunting... but one day at a time... one foot in front of the other.

Happy to "meet" you! Please feel free to friend me - I could use all of the support I can get!

~ Georgia
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Hump Day boys and girls!! Guzzling my coffee and trying to not punch my computer screen already this morning. Something tells me it's going to be one of those days.

At least the weather is starting to warm up a bit so that makes me happy!! Supposed to be almost 50 today and for November in these parts, I'll take it. If the wind wasn't 30 miles an hour I'd walk outside at lunch today
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    1HugoG wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    razrbak94 wrote: »
    Yay, found my group! 50 and striving for the best “me” I can be.

You're as old as you feel. Do you feel like 41, or 59?

I feel 41. I felt 35 well into my early 50s until...my 2nd spine surgery!

Very good. A strange thing is happening to me recently. I hear someone in in their early 40s and I refer to them as young. Never thought this day would come. My wife keeps reminding me that we're the old people now.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Morning everyone. Sun is shining here, hope it is there.

@cgrout78 - Agreed. I hope there is enough coffee in this house for today.

@BakerXGe - You got this! :smile:
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm still sore. I guess old age makes the post workout soreness worse.

I've been chugging protein shakes all week.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Iggy585 wrote: »
    I'm still sore. I guess old age makes the post workout soreness worse.

I've been chugging protein shakes all week.

I think old age just makes it take a bit longer to recover. Sadly. But we'll all get there
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning old and new middle-agers.
    Welcome 🙂🙃 hoping you all are staying safe and well.
  • theboatman72
    theboatman72 Posts: 1 Member
    48 and a half!! Hello all 👋 I'm not finding the dark wet nights are helping my motivation for the post work exercise, but plodding on. Good luck all!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Hi all,

49 this week :neutral:
    Vegan since Oct 2014
    Did a lot of cycling up til 18 months ago (kinda fell out of love with it...)
    Still fat :blush:
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Greetings all winter equals more time inside and more down time. Trying desperately to kick bad eating habits sooner rather than later.

I am sure you can do it!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Ladymuck21 wrote: »
    Hey 👋 I’m looking for likeminded friends, I’m middle aged but my body thinks it’s 90 🤔

Me too. They say you're only as old as you feel... some days I feel 20.... the next day I feel 90.... when in reality I am 58.

I feel the same it's like a rollercoaster!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Morning all!

Today's blessing but kind of a curse: My weight dropped enough where it recalculated my calories, and at 1300 a day I can no longer justify 160 calories a day in half and half for the pot of coffee I drink a day. Today is the day I become a black coffee drinker. It's...um... how do people enjoy this? Asking for a friend?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    Morning all!

Today's blessing but kind of a curse: My weight dropped enough where it recalculated my calories, and at 1300 a day I can no longer justify 160 calories a day in half and half for the pot of coffee I drink a day. Today is the day I become a black coffee drinker. It's...um... how do people enjoy this? Asking for a friend?

you know, I ran out of creamer one day and drank it black, and now I honestly have a hard time adding cream to it, I think it makes it taste weak. And I can't even stomach the sugary mocha's I used to drink. So...it can be done, even though it takes some getting used to
  • AliNouveau
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    mshawski wrote: »
    Morning all!

you know, I ran out of creamer one day and drank it black, and now I honestly have a hard time adding cream to it, I think it makes it taste weak. And I can't even stomach the sugary mocha's I used to drink. So...it can be done, even though it takes some getting used to

Omg those sugary drinks, I always ask for them half sweet. I forgot one time and could barely drink it. I only every use a bit of 5% cream in coffee or now I use my lactose free Homo milk.

Hope all the middle agers are having a good week!
  • ZDub84
    ZDub84 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, 36 here, down 24lbs(214) since middle of July. Hoping to be motivated and help motivate with others.
  • AliNouveau
    LesField wrote: »
    Just had my gallbladder removed.
    I know I want to loose weight but not by removing bits, peice by peice.....
    vkudgj6x6zn1.jpg

Yikes, get well soon