The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Gefiun
    Gefiun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hey guys, I’m new to the community but I’ve had MFP for a while. Of course it’s been sitting and not getting used like it should, so I went ahead and got rid of my old Data.

i’ve regained the 65 pounds I’ve lost a few years ago, it just crept right back up and I definitely knew better. :#;)

so this is me restarting with just MFP (skipping rejoining WW), I would like to try this with the MFP community and MFP friends this time if anyone would like another friend to tag along, I’d like that.

Doc said I needed to go low carb (20g max) but considering my usual Americanized diet, i’m thinking I need to take this at slower steps by first cutting back on my high sugar and pre-packaged carbs choices and upping healthy fats and veggie intake. Well. fingers crossed, but I tracked my food just now and finished my first round of physical therapy yesterday, so I’m off to a good start.

Wishing you all the best, and stay safe!
    G.
  • dele27n
    dele27n Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey 👋 nearing 38, feel free to add 😀
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi all willing to get yelled at to keep motivated and willing to help motivate others :). Feel free to add
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    love that graphic! So much truth there. Happy Hump Day to my sexy middle agers. May we all get better with age!!!
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I’ve really been getting better at logging as much as I can. Keep me accountable
  • cgrout78
    Options
    omg what a cutie!!!!! and so sorry about your stricter lockdown. I'm hoping to hear from our governor today that he's lifting some of ours
  • CellywithBellie
    CellywithBellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, finally getting back to MFP. Looking for friends that are daily users to help keep me going. Thanks!
  • cgrout78
    Options
    love it @mshawski that is a super cute skirt!!! and you look great in it!
  • Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Happy Hump Day, Ya'll!

I hope everyone does a little (or big) something today to make the day productive! My son and I have decided to go on a night bike ride this evening. We bought a multitude of light up gadgets and gizmos to make it fun (and safe) enough, and in turn we may just have found the perfect way to stick it to the sun goddess' winter schedule.

What do you guys do during these shorter, winter days?

**Feel free to add!**
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mojo_Minx wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day, Ya'll!

I hope everyone does a little (or big) something today to make the day productive! My son and I have decided to go on a night bike ride this evening. We bought a multitude of light up gadgets and gizmos to make it fun (and safe) enough, and in turn we may just have found the perfect way to stick it to the sun goddess' winter schedule.

What do you guys do during these shorter, winter days?

**Feel free to add!**

With the wind chill being a little ridiculous where I’m at, I tend to stay inside with my 2.5 year old. We end up at the science and train museums again and again on the weekends where he can run around and climb on things. For the most part they’re not crowded. If it ever snows, I’m going to attempt to teach him to snowboard.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    72t3azplttmi.jpg
    Finally beginning to lose just right before Christmas lol! It will prob go straight back on but at least I know I can do it and you can too!

This is awesome.. :)
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    NSV of the day, since I’m getting discouraged with all the Christmas goodies around and my inability to say no to mint chocolate things: brought my
    Stitch Fix sizes down and when my Fix arrived today they fit! Also, plaid. I love plaid. Proof they fit (ignore the amount of toothpaste on my child’s bathroom mirror LOL.)

5kcb8sd6c1su.jpeg

Now, back to the 43lbs I have left to go that all these cookies arriving on my doorstep aren’t helping...

Hope you’re all having an amazing day! ❤️

Well done .. you look fantastic 👏
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    j7xcav0voy36.jpg

43 with a ridiculously energetic and mischievous 3yr old...heaven help me in 10yrs time!

Happy to chat to anyone. Keeps you busy and sometimes amused!

Hi to all existing MFP buddies on this thread, and 'Hola' to anyone new!

London just gone into its toughest Lockdown restrictions since the Crazy wand hit planet earth.

So Xmas is cancelled. :(

Im sorry to hear of your stricter lockdown 😔
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Ooo @mshawski you look bloody gorgeous woman!! Love it! I hadn't even noticed the toothpaste until you mentioned it LOL - guess I'm used to that on our own mirrors!

And @NorthStar77 looking amazing too. And so's your little one!

Busybusy here with this bloody Brexit, seriously Boris, what are you doing to your poor neighbours, I might even have to work over Christmas now due to your nonsense. I was meant to be off for 2 weeks!

Other than that all good, got not one but two compliments from two senior members of the management team on my weight loss this week, for some reason it only seems to show this week :D I'll take it though!

Welcome to all new faces and rejoiners, if you want to send me a friend request go right ahead :)
    I'm a rejoiner myself, since August and I couldn't be happier with the progress I'm making.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas :)
    Its time to get back into it..
  • Yoga_with_JJ
    Yoga_with_JJ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!