The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Happy last Wednesday of the year. Hope everyone kicks some butt these last few days. Feel free to add if you like. Looking forward to a goal crushing 2021
  • mikedee_nyc
    mikedee_nyc Posts: 198 Member
    Upper 40’s here. Always up for more likeminded friends.
  • deevee45
    deevee45 Posts: 1 Member
    Biking, boxing, and treadmill. Moving into 2021. Looking for folks who want to move the first five off. I'm 54, a wife with a job and 20 new pounds due to new 2020 reality. Hoping to refocus with some great friends.
  • thesingingswan
    thesingingswan Posts: 4 Member
    I am proud to say that I am in my 40's and feeling good. I would love to be a part of this group!
  • jdingram1
    jdingram1 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2020
    50 and somehow woke-up like 25lbs over my suit size. No one told me that craft beer was fattening, my stretchy pants have been giving me a false sense of well being, and my wife has been telling me that I'm not fat. Starting back the daily (as possible) mtn biking and cutting back on the carbs. Immediate goal is 35 lbs. Please feel free to add me. I plan on being pretty active on MFP. Best of luck with your goals.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    @jdingram1 those craft beers will get ya...I know that's my major downfall. I love my IPA's waaaay too much. I'm hoping a dry January will help me take off a few pounds.
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers. Well, last day of 2020 here and I can't wait to be done with it. I'm so looking forward to a New Year with lots of possibilities.. never in a million years could anyone have predicted the happenings of 2020. What a year eh..
    I wish you all a successful 2021.. I hope you reach all your goals. Stay safe and well 🙂
    7ts6vrz6a82b.gif

You too thank you!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Belated Happy New Year, everybody!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Belated Happy New Year, everybody!

Happy New Year to you too 🙂
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Hey Everyone, lets have a healthy and productive 2021. Feel free to add me
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Any 40-50 somethings partake in yoga? My hamstrings are so tight I'm checking them for rust!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Any 40-50 somethings partake in yoga? My hamstrings are so tight I'm checking them for rust!

I'm a little (😋) past 50. Attended yoga classes twice a week before they closed the gym. I need to start again myself. Yoga really improves my flexibility and balance.
  • cgrout78

no...but I need to start...i used to be so flexible and now...not so much...
  • mstull306
    mstull306 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi, everyone! I saw this group and I thought I would join. I'm 41. I'm in upstate New York and always looking for new friends.
  • Frodobaggins29
    Frodobaggins29 Posts: 70 Member
    Happy new year 🥳
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! Feel free to add me. I turned 40 in May. Looking forward to a great year!
  • cgrout78
    Welcome to everyone who has just found us here!!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    edited January 2021
    Oh dear. I’ll be aging out of this group next year, but I do yoga and/or mat Pilates daily. Excellent for balance, strength, flexibility and core.

A few years back I used to take some of my yoga classes at LA Fitness. The instructors would go out to the weight lifting area and “harvest” lifters to come in and join the class.

These big old stacked guys would make it ten or fifteen minutes and then go running for the door, apologizing for ever having called yoga “easy”.

I now do weights myself and recommend those as well. They are a perfect complement to mat classes. And, I’ve developed waaaaay more respect for guys I used to privately think of as lunkheads myself. 😂

Maybe someone should start a yogaliftinglates gym. It’d be pure gold.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Happy belated New Years everyone! Hopefully it’s a good one! 🍀❤️