The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    New year and 12 days in I am feeling quite good, weight wise anyway. Have managed to shift 9lb so far so getting towards the 18st threshold which always seems to be a bit of a sticking point, hopefully this time I will get through it and keep on going.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Welcome newbies, great to see lots of new faces. Best of luck on MFP, it's really quite easy, just log everything you eat and drink as best as you can (food scales are a must) and try to add a bit of exercise, a walk is fine!

Feel free to send me a friend request :)

And now....coffee!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    welcome to the new faces...and yes...COFFEE!!!!!
  • anthonyn2
    anthonyn2 Posts: 38 Member
    Good afternoon everyone. Anthony here from Yorkshire. :)
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Rest day for me today. So I meditated this morning, and plan on taking a long walk this afternoon with my wife. It is supposed to be sunny and warm (for winter, that is) and I'm looking forward to putting on sunglasses for a change. I think I've lived under a cloud dome for the last 3 weeks.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Enjoy your walk and the sun! Muggy day here, it's been grey and rainy for days now. I couldn't go out for a walk but I've done these "walk from home" YouTube videos a few times this week and it's surprisingly enjoyable.

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    Not lunchtime yet, but I'm feeling hungry this morning, I'll try to hold out for another hour, or the afternoon will be too long :(
  • ruggerthompson
    ruggerthompson Posts: 3 Member
    35 years old this year. First time trying this food tracking thing but it's going well so far, looking to drop 20lbs before this fall, Feel free to add me.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Back into work we go, ho hum... Had a letter from My consultant which says I have damage to medial meniscus of my left knee with a possible tear, also the leg alignment is off so it bows outwards putting extra strain on the joint... nothing to do but work around it and hope they can get me fixed up in some way or another.
    Always happy to have extra friends to chat to on this journey, right now think I could do with them..

Hope it heals soon!
  • Angrish101
    Angrish101 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 50 and planning to tackle my first Triathlon this year! Any friend requests welcome, also I've an open diary if that helps anyone.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Angrish101 wrote: »
    I'm 50 and planning to tackle my first Triathlon this year! Any friend requests welcome, also I've an open diary if that helps anyone.

I've done a few. What race do you have your eye on?
  • BigAl402021
    BigAl402021 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 40 and turning 41 this year in June. I got serious about my fitness just over a year ago and wanted to be fit (under 10% body fat) by the time I turned 40.

I had a great start. I went from 25% body fat to 18% body fat by January 31 in just 5 months. Then Covid, bought a new house and moved, and now starting this year at 24% body fat.

So now the goal is to get to around 9% body fat by the time I turn 41. To accomplish this in a short amount of time, I realize I needed to really focus on my nutrition and work outs. This app has really allowed me to make sure I am making the progress needed.

Please feel to add me as a friend and I plan to post monthly progress to keep me accountable.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    Down 3lbs since Jan 1. Wish it was going faster, but I'll take it! And unseasonably warm here, so the morning run felt great. Amazing how peaceful a quiet morning can be.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Well the weekend has started here, shift work so any day off is a weekend as far as I am concerned. X-rays this morning, painkillers after and now got to chill for a few hours to let it calm down. I am pleased with what I have managed so far this year and looking forwards to it continuing.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    Sounds like you're doing great Craig, hope the painkillers will kick in soon for you!

WFH today and tomorrow, I'm just off a 3 hour con call and rest of the day shouldn't be too bad. Hoping to get a nice walk in later as we actually have blue skies here today. We haven't seen them in quite a while.
  • bonnistrong
    bonnistrong Posts: 5 Member
    I am 48 and would love to join
  • NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    Mid 50s here and could use help...used to be well disciplined in and in the gym 3-5x per week.... this shutdown had me eating fast food 3-5x per week .... finally got a home gym going but need someone or sort of community to stay accountable - so add me
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    welcome to all fellow middle agers!!!!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Happy Friday! (It's Friday, right? Yes. Yes I'm pretty sure it is.)
    I hope everyone has had a great week!
    Down 3lbs since Jan 1. Wish it was going faster, but I'll take it! And unseasonably warm here, so the morning run felt great. Amazing how peaceful a quiet morning can be.

3lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!
  • theYearOfEric
    theYearOfEric Posts: 1 Member
    I quit, I return, I quit, I return... Blah blah blah blah... Maybe lucky account #5,019 is the time it sticks? Who knows! Anyway, if you want someone new to BS with, add me. Unless I burned some bridge unfriending you 5,018 times in the past...

Be well you little rascals.