Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,212 Member Member Posts: 1,212 Member
    Back into work we go, ho hum... Had a letter from My consultant which says I have damage to medial meniscus of my left knee with a possible tear, also the leg alignment is off so it bows outwards putting extra strain on the joint... nothing to do but work around it and hope they can get me fixed up in some way or another.
    Always happy to have extra friends to chat to on this journey, right now think I could do with them..

Hope it heals soon!
  • Angrish101Angrish101 Member, Premium Posts: 14 Member Member, Premium Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 50 and planning to tackle my first Triathlon this year! Any friend requests welcome, also I've an open diary if that helps anyone.
  • SweatsOnSundaySweatsOnSunday Member Posts: 504 Member Member Posts: 504 Member
    Angrish101 wrote: »
    I'm 50 and planning to tackle my first Triathlon this year! Any friend requests welcome, also I've an open diary if that helps anyone.

I've done a few. What race do you have your eye on?
  • BigAl402021BigAl402021 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I am 40 and turning 41 this year in June. I got serious about my fitness just over a year ago and wanted to be fit (under 10% body fat) by the time I turned 40.

I had a great start. I went from 25% body fat to 18% body fat by January 31 in just 5 months. Then Covid, bought a new house and moved, and now starting this year at 24% body fat.

So now the goal is to get to around 9% body fat by the time I turn 41. To accomplish this in a short amount of time, I realize I needed to really focus on my nutrition and work outs. This app has really allowed me to make sure I am making the progress needed.

Please feel to add me as a friend and I plan to post monthly progress to keep me accountable.
  • SweatsOnSundaySweatsOnSunday Member Posts: 504 Member Member Posts: 504 Member
    Down 3lbs since Jan 1. Wish it was going faster, but I'll take it! And unseasonably warm here, so the morning run felt great. Amazing how peaceful a quiet morning can be.
  • Craig_King_1967Craig_King_1967 Member Posts: 84 Member Member Posts: 84 Member
    Well the weekend has started here, shift work so any day off is a weekend as far as I am concerned. X-rays this morning, painkillers after and now got to chill for a few hours to let it calm down. I am pleased with what I have managed so far this year and looking forwards to it continuing.
  • LunaTheFatCatLunaTheFatCat Member Posts: 225 Member Member Posts: 225 Member
    Sounds like you're doing great Craig, hope the painkillers will kick in soon for you!

WFH today and tomorrow, I'm just off a 3 hour con call and rest of the day shouldn't be too bad. Hoping to get a nice walk in later as we actually have blue skies here today. We haven't seen them in quite a while.
  • bonnistrongbonnistrong Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    I am 48 and would love to join
  • NunyaWestNunyaWest Member Posts: 65 Member Member Posts: 65 Member
    Mid 50s here and could use help...used to be well disciplined in and in the gym 3-5x per week.... this shutdown had me eating fast food 3-5x per week .... finally got a home gym going but need someone or sort of community to stay accountable - so add me
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member, Premium Posts: 1,658 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,658 Member
    welcome to all fellow middle agers!!!!
  • mshawskimshawski Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    Happy Friday! (It's Friday, right? Yes. Yes I'm pretty sure it is.)
    I hope everyone has had a great week!
    Down 3lbs since Jan 1. Wish it was going faster, but I'll take it! And unseasonably warm here, so the morning run felt great. Amazing how peaceful a quiet morning can be.

3lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!
  • theYearOfErictheYearOfEric Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I quit, I return, I quit, I return... Blah blah blah blah... Maybe lucky account #5,019 is the time it sticks? Who knows! Anyway, if you want someone new to BS with, add me. Unless I burned some bridge unfriending you 5,018 times in the past...

Be well you little rascals.
  • miallbena8190miallbena8190 Member, Premium Posts: 23 Member Member, Premium Posts: 23 Member
    I’m 48 and loving this app and the focus it gives me. I am getting into the best shape and healthiest I have ever been in my life. So great to be able to track each day and stay focussed. I love exercising everyday now and have formed a habit that it is just part of my day. I have lost 4kg since the 10th December 2020 and aiming to lose another 4 or so. I am aiming for getting down to no more than 20%body fat. Currently at 24%. Looking for motivation buddies so please feel free to add me.
  • quintinathomequintinathome Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    Hey guys just thought I would say hi, I'm Turing 41 in April so around two weeks ago I thought need to get my fat *kitten* in shape as I was weighing in at 102kg😱 my target weight is 85kg let's see how it progress 😬
  • ac7ssmac7ssm Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    53 here and trying to get to "Not obese" by my physical next year. It's a long journey ahead.
  • mjwilson0246mjwilson0246 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I just turned 35 past weekend. Feel free to add me too! New to MFP. Definitely need the support and willing to be here for others
    Amazing morning walk! Was cold, but not freezing, and little ice on the roads. And I turned off the news about 15 minutes in and just let my mind wander with music. Definitely a great start to the day.
  • Craig_King_1967Craig_King_1967 Member Posts: 84 Member Member Posts: 84 Member
    Another year gone by, 54 now, body is ever so slightly knackered but still going to keep on pushing. Got a wardrobe full of clothes I cannot get into and that has to change this year, by the next one I will be in them.
  • mshawskimshawski Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    Morning everyone!

I’m having a “self hate spiral” kind of day. I’m super close to that 50lbs mark and I made the mistake of thinking “hey let’s find a before photo for comparison”. Turns out I was way fatter than I remembered and what I look like now is what I have in my head as what I looked like 50lbs ago so... feeling like I’ve done all this work and gotten no where. What’s the phrase? Can’t polish a turd? Yup. Feeling like the turd.

Best practices for getting out of self hate spirals and not letting them derail you welcome. I’m
    gonna go for a walk on a foggy trail and try to shake it off.

I hope everyone else is having a great day! ❤️