The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Happy Monday you bunch of crazies...
  • kailey0407
    kailey0407 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey Everyone,

Turning 40 this year and probably the fittest I have ever been (except maybe the year I got married). Just had surgery so have 6 months of recovery ahead of me before I can get back into weights or high intensity workouts. Going to need lots of support to keep me on track in the mean time as keeping active is the key to staying on track for me.

Feel free to add me
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Happy Monday you bunch of crazies...

Who you calling crazy ? 🤪
    rqqegnrw3cuy.gif
  • writergirl535
    writergirl535 Posts: 2 Member
    I'd like to join! Please add me.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hey all...sorry I've been so absent as of late. Work has been totally kicking my *kitten*. I decided to start doing IF this week to see if I can jump start something. Anyone else try it/use it? Thoughts? Yay? Nay? And hi to all of you that I haven't seen before!!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi All! I am 41, feeling the most out-of-shape and unhealthy that I have felt in my life. I'm trying to get things back on track. I sought help from a nutritionist not long ago, but found it overwhelming. The information I got was helpful and I loved the nutritionist, but I got overwhelmed trying to make sure I ate enough or not too much in each category. So, I am coming back to MFP and will start with logging everything and trying to stay within my calorie goal. I also want to get back to walking/jogging daily. Once I get a handle on that, I plan to narrow in on the macros and strength training. I get motivated and try too much at once, so I stop. I lost my dad a few months ago to a heart attack so I really want to get my health under control!
  • lmjohannes
    lmjohannes Posts: 3 Member
    I am 39 and love CrossFit and running. add me :)
  • PNW_livin
    PNW_livin Posts: 97 Member
    Hello all, 45 from Washington here <---
  • nniles49
    nniles49 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hello! I’m Nancy, 49, a work-from-home media professional with one grown son and a husband, both junk food enablers. *sigh*

I’m finally at a point in my life where I have the time and money to travel and do things, but my weight (350) is an obstacle and the corresponding social anxiety and depression have me on the precipice of being a full-fledged shut-in. Hoping not to give up on myself this time.

Desperately seeking like-minded women to share my journey and support each other along the way with both commiseration and encouragement. Friend me please if you are such a person!! ☺️
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Hey all...sorry I've been so absent as of late. Work has been totally kicking my *kitten*. I decided to start doing IF this week to see if I can jump start something. Anyone else try it/use it? Thoughts? Yay? Nay? And hi to all of you that I haven't seen before!!

Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on how much I control my eating/overeating in the given window. I find that if I do it naturally, I don't want to eat everything I can get my hands on immediately; but if I am hungry and watching the clock waiting until I can eat, I plan and eat 6 breakfasts by the time I get there.

Still, I know it works well for others. I hope you have success with it
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member

I did it for about 4 or 5 months and lost around 15 pounds before I plateaued. Then, I started Insanity and IF definitely didn't work for me because I was crashing mid-day. That's just my experience. Your may be different.
  • joyystick3
    joyystick3 Posts: 42 Member
    hey everyone, I'm not new, just coming back after a hiatus. If you recognize my name than you likely know me. Feel free to add me and lets start supporting each other again ;)
  • Ella212421
    Ella212421 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey everyone! I’m Ella and I’m 36. I’m back and ready! Would love new friends, support and motivation!
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Almost 45 here, feeling great ☺️
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Ella212421 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I’m Ella and I’m 36. I’m back and ready! Would love new friends, support and motivation!

Hey @Ella212421! I just turned 38, and am looking for support and friends as well. I’ve used mfp for a while, but just got on board to the social side of it a few weeks ago. I’ll add you now.

• JokersWild_
    JokersWild_ Posts: 5 Member
    Good morning everyone. Well I'm 45yrs father/husband and I've lost over 35lbs.
    Just found out I'm covid+ and and I feel like *kitten*. I'm on day 3 with it. And I can't stand the fever going up and down.
    Well I hope you all have a great day and be safe. Feel free to add me. 👋
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Just found out I'm covid+ and and I feel like *kitten*. I'm on day 3 with it. And I can't stand the fever going up and down.

I hope you're past the worst of it quickly P :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member

oh no!!! I go today to get my first vaccine shot. Hope you recover fully!!! Prayers!!
  • Melrenee2021
    Melrenee2021 Posts: 1 Member
    New to healthy living but I want to hit the big 50 stronger and healthier than ever. I have 3 years to make it happen. Feel free to add me
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

One important thing that I learned from IF is the difference between eating because you need food (actual hunger) and eating because you are bored or stressed or it's time to eat. Now I typically have a protein bar in the morning and eat the bulk of the calories later in the day. Sort of a modified version without a strict time window.