The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Getting ready to start in on a billy goat hike with my husband. Having my oaties and a cup of coffee for fortification πŸ˜‚. Funny word... fortification. πŸ‘πŸ½ Whatever you decide to do, take it by the horns πŸ˜‰
  • desertfoxcoffee
    desertfoxcoffee Posts: 46 Member
    Turning 39 this year...inching closer to 40 and trying to get back into the shape I was 5 years ago.
  • 03CiaoBella
    Turning 39 this year...inching closer to 40 and trying to get back into the shape I was 5 years ago.

I hear you and can relate. Here’s to getting back there πŸ‘πŸ½
  • BeardedTXHulk
    BeardedTXHulk Posts: 4 Member
    44, and happy to be married to the love of my life and my best friend. She's 32 so I gotta stay get in shape/stay in shape to keep up with her lol. Plus we are adopting wife's 10 month old cousin which will give us 3 kids.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Monday all, what do we have planned for the day? I have a HIIT workout scheduled and then yoga later. I started a DietBet and yeah...need to buckle down for sure!
  • Pertapert
    Pertapert Posts: 17 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: Β»
    Happy Monday all, what do we have planned for the day? I have a HIIT workout scheduled and then yoga later. I started a DietBet and yeah...need to buckle down for sure!

When I get off work I'll go out for a 3 mile walk 😊
  • bennettmatte
    bennettmatte Posts: 4 Member
    46 and transitioning to a plant-based diet. Started anti-inflammatory after a five-month bout with COVID.Best of luck to all of you on your fitness journeys!!
  • bennettmatte
    bennettmatte Posts: 4 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: Β»

Walking twice a day currently. I am too heavy to start running again yet, so a 2.5-mile walk first thing in the morning and another 2.5 miles while my daughter is at soccer practice. Baby-steps...
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Did 2.5 Mile walk in the morning. Evening is badminton...
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 95 Member
    I'm 42 and middle-aged? :'(:'(:'(
  • sedrikp36
    sedrikp36 Posts: 2 Member
    Im 35 here, first time monitoring what i eat, strong family history of diabetis.. And want to shed some weight for my knees.. Acl tear.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,825 Member
    47 here.
    At one time I lost 100 in 8 months. I never looked or felt better. Had 2 motorcycle accident and had a kid in my early 40s. Fitness went to hell. 188.6lb after and I got diagnosed with diabetes. I know what to do before, but I never did anything about it. Now that I'm faced with this diagnose I realize I have to do something about it, not only for me but for my only kid.

pheewww. I'm scared guys but I have done it before.
    If I am able to quit smoking 3 years ago after 30 years of consumption...........I can do this.

Welcome to the next phase, and yes you CAN do it. Take it slow and steady; it took 30 years to get here, so don't plan to get back in six months. But you will get there if you just keep plugging along. Good thing you are starting TODAY. If you waited another year, you'd be a year older when you got to your goal.
  • bettysboops03
    bettysboops03 Posts: 13 Member
    Would love some new friends to keep me in checkπŸ‘‹
  • Pertapert
    PepeLPew wrote: Β»
    I'm 42 and middle-aged? :'(:'(:'(

Welcome to the dark side. Jk, it's not that bad 😁😊
  • Pertapert
    47 here.
    At one time I lost 100 in 8 months. I never looked or felt better. Had 2 motorcycle accident and had a kid in my early 40s. Fitness went to hell. 188.6lb after and I got diagnosed with diabetes. I know what to do before, but I never did anything about it. Now that I'm faced with this diagnose I realize I have to do something about it, not only for me but for my only kid.

If I am able to quit smoking 3 years ago after 30 years of consumption...........I can do this.

You Got This! 😊
  • JamesBlack74
    JamesBlack74 Posts: 4 Member
    47 here.

Welcome to the next phase, and yes you CAN do it. Take it slow and steady; it took 30 years to get here, so don't plan to get back in six months. But you will get there if you just keep plugging along. Good thing you are starting TODAY. If you waited another year, you'd be a year older when you got to your goal.

Thanks for your words and the welcome :)
  • JamesBlack74
    JamesBlack74 Posts: 4 Member
    47 here.

You Got This! 😊

I got this, YES!! :)
  • CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    for the last year been doing well, have lost 40# since last March. 15# of it since Jan 1 when I started my 6month plan for Gastric Sleeve surgery. but in the last couple of weeks I have hit a brick wall.. lots of personal crap going on in my life that has kinda set me back on my butt. I have little to no motivation to exercise, I am at least still logging my food. That's a good thing I guess. UGGGH.
  • 03CiaoBella
    JamesBlack74- you took the first step, the rest will follow... one step at a time. Hang in there!