Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• NorthStar77NorthStar77 Member Posts: 751 Member Member Posts: 751 Member
    TX375 wrote: »
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.

Ut oh.. :#

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.

Hate to hear that. For what it's worth you're not alone. I was diagnosed two years ago, along with rheumatoid arthritis at a point when I was in the best shape of my life. The lupus is in remission now (mostly), and I'm hopeful for some progress with the RA. I can't reliably grip a barbell and the meds have me out of commission two days a week, but it could be worse. Hang in there. Feel free to reach out. Thought I was a unicorn.... haven't run across any other dudes with lupus. Take care man.

Yeah, not many of us about fella.
  • csmcozartcsmcozart Member Posts: 34 Member Member Posts: 34 Member
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,924 Member Member Posts: 6,924 Member
    csmcozart wrote: »
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?

I have just started quick home workouts (added to my regular Saturday morning karate). The app I have downloaded (FitOn) has a whole bunch of workouts categorized into intensity levels, time, type of workout, area of focus and objective.

So I can say I have 10 minutes to work on my core and can handle a medium intensity. I feel like dancing today, so let me pick one of these workouts...

That said, I have a 17 minute pilates basics and a 13 minute tabata workout to do
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,331 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,331 Member

Im just walking right now.. a couple of injuries have sidelined me a bit.
  • CajunTessCajunTess Member Posts: 268 Member Member Posts: 268 Member

I dance...ALOT. Also elliptical workouts, some hiking, and walking in my neighborhood.
  • KHalsethKHalseth Member Posts: 103 Member Member Posts: 103 Member

Walking, marching in place while watching t.v. or to stand up and move when working from home, even a walking video to do indoors. I've added hand weights to it. I have some dance videos that focus on the abs while getting an aerobic workout. But I am getting winded quickly. So I'm trying to build back my stamina. I used to walk 2 - 4 miles in the mountains when I was younger. I really lost a lot of my stamina and fitness abilities compared to when I was younger.
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,679 Member Member Posts: 1,679 Member

I walk every day, I do yoga 2 or 3 times a week, I do HIIT a couple times a week and do some strength training. Not following any specific plan though
  • mshawskimshawski Member Posts: 308 Member Member Posts: 308 Member
    Standard week:
    Sunday - circuit training class, walk of some sort
    Monday- walk 1, run 3 or 4
    Tuesday- run 1, circuit training class
    Wednesday - walk 1, run 3 or 4
    Thursday - circuit training class
    Friday; walk run, run 5
    Saturday: personal trainer, maybe a walk.
  • PertapertPertapert Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member

Hi there,
    So initially I was doing Zumba at home but now I'm walking 6 miles a day, 3 miles in the am before work and 3 miles in the evening. I also do a 30 min upper body weights exercise from a fella I follow on YouTube. Workouts like P90X and Insanity are a little too much for right now, but maybe one day... 😊
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 10,013 Member Member Posts: 10,013 Member
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:

So good to have you finally join us! I have been stalking this board for a few years now.

Hey, you! I see a few people I recognize from Chit-Chat. :heart:
  • PertapertPertapert Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    Working out can be such a challenge on bigger bodies!😳. I only hope that I can push through and get to the coveted other side. Hoping to make a few friends on here to get that much needed support to keep pushing & vise versa 🙏🏾💪🏾. Oh and btw, good morning all 😊
    Good to know that now that I'm 36, I qualify for "middle age". :grimace:

I've been here since 2017, though.. and I was definitely not 36 then. :lol:

So good to have you finally join us! I have been stalking this board for a few years now.

Hey, you! I see a few people I recognize from Chit-Chat. :heart:

♥️🤗
  • 03CiaoBella03CiaoBella Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Hi All! I’m 56 and tired of being a chubby girl. So looking forward to loosing weight with you. Turns out going down this journey is easier when in the company of others who understand the struggle. Sign me up!
  • 03CiaoBella03CiaoBella Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Oh boy! I tweaked my inner thigh knee area. Trying to stretch it out. My hips are tight, need to work on flexibility. Anyone out there who can relate?
  • csmcozartcsmcozart Member Posts: 34 Member Member Posts: 34 Member
    I am thinking about doing two workouts per day; one in the morning and one in the evening. Anyone have experience with combining a beachbody program with Insanity Max 30?
    Oh boy! I tweaked my inner thigh knee area. Trying to stretch it out. My hips are tight, need to work on flexibility. Anyone out there who can relate?

Definitely! I need to do more stretching
    I am thinking about doing two workouts per day; one in the morning and one in the evening. Anyone have experience with combining a beachbody program with Insanity Max 30?

If you can, that would probably be good. How much do you currently do? Perhaps increase it gradually at the beginning