Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• PertapertPertapert Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    csmcozart wrote: »
    I am thinking about doing two workouts per day; one in the morning and one in the evening. Anyone have experience with combining a beachbody program with Insanity Max 30?

If you can, that would probably be good. How much do you currently do? Perhaps increase it gradually at the beginning

I agree. Both can be done but do it gradually, not to over do it on your body. I know walking is a far cry from an Insanity work out, but I just recently bumped my walk up from 3 mi in the am to now 3 mi in the am and then another 3 mi in the pm and I can totally feel the difference on my body. It's getting a little ether though the more I do it. Hope this helps, and sending you good vibes for whatever decision you make 😊
  • howdyitsdavidhowdyitsdavid Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Turning 45 next week. Would really like to lose 27lbs through Summer. I know it's doable, I just have terrible food discipline. Making a new MFP for like the 100th time!
  • 03CiaoBella03CiaoBella Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    What's the exercise plan for today? I’m going for a hike with my husband. Sun is out, perfect day to hit the trails! However you decide to move, have fun doing it.
  • VersicolourVersicolour Member Posts: 6,875 Member Member Posts: 6,875 Member
    I had karate circuit training followed by a 5km run/walk/chat with my friend
    This is what happened while on my hike. Came across two pet bunnies being walked on leashes and wild artichoke growing along the path. Nice!
  • csmcozartcsmcozart Member Posts: 33 Member Member Posts: 33 Member
    What's the exercise plan for today? I’m going for a hike with my husband. Sun is out, perfect day to hit the trails! However you decide to move, have fun doing it.

I hiked 9 miles and gained almost 2,000 feet in elevation.
  • claytjones564claytjones564 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    csmcozart wrote: »
    We are all saying hi and being friendly, which is great! However, I'd like to know what everyone is doing for exercise. At home programs? Gym? Running? I'm currently doing Insanity: Max 30. Anyone else doing this or a similar program?

Cardio which basically include, power walks, light inclined jogging (can’t jog fast cos of my ankles), punching bag (good for full body workout and builds the core)

• NorthStar77NorthStar77 Member Posts: 675 Member Member Posts: 675 Member
    Happy Sunday from London 😊
    Getting ready to start in on a billy goat hike with my husband. Having my oaties and a cup of coffee for fortification 😂. Funny word... fortification. 👍🏽 Whatever you decide to do, take it by the horns 😉
  • desertfoxcoffeedesertfoxcoffee Member Posts: 34 Member Member Posts: 34 Member
    Turning 39 this year...inching closer to 40 and trying to get back into the shape I was 5 years ago.
    Turning 39 this year...inching closer to 40 and trying to get back into the shape I was 5 years ago.

I hear you and can relate. Here’s to getting back there 👍🏽
  • BeardedTXHulkBeardedTXHulk Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    44, and happy to be married to the love of my life and my best friend. She's 32 so I gotta stay get in shape/stay in shape to keep up with her lol. Plus we are adopting wife's 10 month old cousin which will give us 3 kids.
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,679 Member Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy Monday all, what do we have planned for the day? I have a HIIT workout scheduled and then yoga later. I started a DietBet and yeah...need to buckle down for sure!
  • PertapertPertapert Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    Happy Monday all, what do we have planned for the day? I have a HIIT workout scheduled and then yoga later. I started a DietBet and yeah...need to buckle down for sure!

When I get off work I'll go out for a 3 mile walk 😊
  • bennettmattebennettmatte Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    46 and transitioning to a plant-based diet. Started anti-inflammatory after a five-month bout with COVID.Best of luck to all of you on your fitness journeys!!
  • bennettmattebennettmatte Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member

Walking twice a day currently. I am too heavy to start running again yet, so a 2.5-mile walk first thing in the morning and another 2.5 miles while my daughter is at soccer practice. Baby-steps...
  • dethstar77dethstar77 Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    Did 2.5 Mile walk in the morning. Evening is badminton...
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 733 Member Member Posts: 733 Member

It's a rest day for me. Maybe yoga later.
    edited May 3
  • PepeLPewPepeLPew Member Posts: 49 Member Member Posts: 49 Member
    I'm 42 and middle-aged? :'(:'(:'(
  • sedrikp36sedrikp36 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Im 35 here, first time monitoring what i eat, strong family history of diabetis.. And want to shed some weight for my knees.. Acl tear.