Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1863864865867869

Replies

  • work_againwork_again Member Posts: 70 Member Member Posts: 70 Member
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

    You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!
  • hhjs2021hhjs2021 Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member
    work_again wrote: »
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

    You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!

    Oh that's fab to hear thanks and congrats! My husband has built a climbing frame with rings for himself and the kids - I can't believe how hard pull-ups are!
  • hhjs2021hhjs2021 Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

    I started my journey when I was 38 preparing for 40. I turned 50 two weeks ago. You can do this! Try to stay focused. Set mini goals along the way. Remind yourself this process is a marathon not a sprint. Stay the course.

    Wow and thank you !!
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 623 Member Member, Premium Posts: 623 Member
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    work_again wrote: »
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

    You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!

    Oh that's fab to hear thanks and congrats! My husband has built a climbing frame with rings for himself and the kids - I can't believe how hard pull-ups are!

    My avatar is me on the climbing frame in my garden (en route to a campus up the board with no feet involved). I can now do at least 20 pull-ups in a single set - at the start of my MFP journey (in February 2019), I struggled to do just one.
    edited June 8
  • heyitstom_heyitstom_ Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Hi All, I'm 36, from the UK and looking to get fitter, lose some fat and exercise more. I bought a Mountain Bike this year and I'm looking to start working out from home.
  • tomjones20194tomjones20194 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Please add me. I’m 49
  • LQuint2021LQuint2021 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    39, Wales. was happy with how I looked before COVID but didn’t eat well or train properly and having to start again. Feel free to add me
  • LynneM1980LynneM1980 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    HI all, I hit 40 last year and I've got over 100 to lose. Looking to meet other folks whose metabolism might be a bit sluggish like mine :)
  • samamad5149samamad5149 Member, Premium Posts: 13 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13 Member
    LQuint2021 wrote: »
    39, Wales. was happy with how I looked before COVID but didn’t eat well or train properly and having to start again. Feel free to add me

    I live in South Wales, UK I'll be arranging group hikes on fitness pal and fitbit for late summer. Let me know if you are interested.

    Cheers
  • LQuint2021LQuint2021 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    I’m in Ssea, late summer will be good as my Mrs is due any day now. Thanks for that.
  • carrielg13carrielg13 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm certainly not new to the whole weight loss rollercoaster, or to this site. I've had much success over the years, but I can never keep the weight off. So, I'm starting again. Any accountability friends would certainly be welcome :smile:
  • Bigsur2Bigsur2 Member Posts: 70 Member Member Posts: 70 Member
    Almost 44 😭, but other than some nerve issues going on in my back, I’m in the best shape of my life. Cycling and lifting are my passion. Feel free to add me!!
  • LisaHeb1979LisaHeb1979 Member Posts: 209 Member Member Posts: 209 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone.
  • luvhandles74luvhandles74 Member Posts: 85 Member Member Posts: 85 Member
    Oh hey there! I'm 47 and just starting over really..I was on mfp forever ago when I started getting in shape at 38..got to my best ever and over time I tanked :neutral: SO a few years have gone by and I'm back trying to just feel good in my own skin. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • sky3zsky3z Member Posts: 190 Member Member Posts: 190 Member
    almost 32 this august, hasn't hit me yet lol!
  • Jeffit_170Jeffit_170 Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    @sky3z Sure. rub it in.. :D
Sign In or Register to comment.