Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member, Premium Posts: 261,163 Member Member, Premium Posts: 261,163 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    sky3z wrote: »
    almost 32 this august, hasn't hit me yet lol!
    Welcome!

I have a child a year younger than you. 😂 It hasn't hit me yet either.

:laugh:

Morning Middle-agers, hope everyone is ending the week on a high 🙂
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Member Posts: 2,555 Member Member Posts: 2,555 Member
    Hello peeps... long time no see!
  • amberfay85amberfay85 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    36 and finally got my head in the game! Always looking for motivational/active friends. I’m active daily and will be your personal cheerleader! Feel free to add me!
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 623 Member Member, Premium Posts: 623 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! I am off for a scuba dive tomorrow, and a 24 mile hike on Sunday. It could well be a good weekend.
    Good morning peeps!
  • LisaHeb1979LisaHeb1979 Member Posts: 209 Member Member Posts: 209 Member
    Have a great Friday folks.
  • Justin741Justin741 Member Posts: 244 Member Member Posts: 244 Member
    I've been going at it since the beginning of may, I've lost about 18lbs. Looking for some fresh support and friends so please add me/message me.
  • Penny_LoafersPenny_Loafers Member, Premium Posts: 50 Member Member, Premium Posts: 50 Member
    at 36 y/o, I think I can finally join this thread 😱😅
  • Wiltord1982Wiltord1982 Member Posts: 309 Member Member Posts: 309 Member
    I'm Ben, 38 years old from Montreal, Quebec, Canada!

- My mother tongue is French, but English is perfectly fine. I'm a self-employed translator, so I work from home. No boss, yay!
    - Due to the pandemic, I lost all motivation when it comes to exercice, so I'm not as fit as I was 1+ year ago, but hey, it's kinda like starting over :) I hit the gym several times per week and take the weekend off. I play soccer 1-2 times per week too, and I do Spartan-like obstacle races in the summer. I would love to improve my best ever rank (60th/2000), but that not be feasible this summer given my shape, but I'm working on improving it ;).
    - I'm a proud dad of three children (5, 10 and 12)
    - My current streak on here is 2800 days, so you can be sure I won't disappear after a week ;)
    - I like to share the motivation and chat a little every now and then
    Good morning peeps....hope you all have a great weekend!
  • solitudeinsilencesolitudeinsilence Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning folks. 42 year old newbie here, hoping to find some support as I grab this bull by the horns and look to sort myself out, finally.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend. 😀
  • LisaGM38LisaGM38 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am hopeful that this is the right platform for me. I'm 38 and I have just continued to get bigger and bigger after having some success about 5 years ago, but the diet just wasn't sustainable.

I quit smoking a year ago now and am ready to make more lifelong healthy choices. I hate beans, and lettuce is never going to be big on my meal planning. I know there are other healthy options but they aren't as easy to find.

I also have 3 kids (18,14,13) and a husband that aren't on this health journey with me yet, but I hope to get them on board eventually.

I would love to have friends to help motivate and keep one another accountable.
  • lgfacianelgfaciane Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    I just hit the 30 club! Feel free to add me!
    ab5746vf28g4.jpg
  • taramdunnicktaramdunnick Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member
    Hey…38 in Arkansas here. Fee free to add me
  • summerviking1summerviking1 Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    Just joined MFP. I have gained a lot of weight this year. Looking to get back in shape. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
  • Farmersonja1Farmersonja1 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    Hello! Early 40's here. Feel free to add me!
  • warren45840warren45840 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Good morning all! 56 y/o and tired of being overweight. Started this past Wednesday and do not plan on stopping. Feel free to say Hi and add me. Have a fantastic day!
  • shcurran6480shcurran6480 Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    Hello looking for friends
  • kdroberts1kdroberts1 Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    Hello all!! I’ve followed this group for awhile. I’m 43, mom of 3. I need to be more active in posting here!! 🤣