The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi,

I am about to turn 49 and want to lose 5 stone before i hit 50 - it seems so much harder to lose weight the older we get. :(
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    @helen195 So true! Wisdom is nice, but a fast metabolism was a pretty great thing, too!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Wednesday my friends.
    Today we are off to Niagara Falls to see the falls, cause I love water falls and I think we'll hit up the water park (yuck) and Bird Kingdom which my boy has been waiting a year to go to. I'm the driver so I have decided a stop at the Wayne Gretzky Winery is in order so that we can have a skate on their "backyard" rink. I will call them ahead to make sure it's open today
  • babzd00
    babzd00 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. Looking for those of you on the right track for inspiration. Moved to Rochester NY a few years ago and gained 40 pounds at my sedentary job - so I have that plus some to lose. Please add me as a friend. Will add a photo soon!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    My 30s seem awfully far away now. Apparently I've been middle aged for over 20 years? :smiley:
  • Otterridiculousness
    Otterridiculousness Posts: 2,254 Member
    I am 48 and on a continuous journey to be healthier. I lost around 120 pounds in 2015, with the help of a gastric sleeve. I gained a little back and now I have 10 pounds to go to get back to where I was.
    I like chatting and making new friends. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • HakimKassam
    HakimKassam Posts: 3 Member
    Just turned 40, will be celebrating at the beach in June, looking for accountability. Feel free to add me.
  • mkbrockman
    mkbrockman Posts: 28 Member
    Looking for friends around the same age. I’m 50. My motivation needs help. MA training today
  • doingitforme2017
    doingitforme2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Please add me - almost 50 and need to get my diet back in shape :smile:
  • pixibombz
    pixibombz Posts: 110 Member
    Hi m’agers..47 here🙈
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    I just turned 45, not digging it at all! LOL! But glad to be part of group of great people here with MFP!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    1m174vno99zt.jpg
  • Nfedewa9442
    Nfedewa9442 Posts: 30 Member
    Just discovered this group. 38 here, getting back to my high school weight after falling off for way too long. Trying to get it done before our 10th anniversary trip at the end of June. Hi everyone!
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    I'm 53 and looking to lose 12 pounds by Memorial Day. Feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Hey all!
  • LJKN1GHT
    LJKN1GHT Posts: 67 Member
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning peeps!

Morning 🤙
  • LJKN1GHT
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Hey all!

Hiya 🤙
  • LJKN1GHT
    gmhester74 wrote: »
    I just turned 45, not digging it at all! LOL! But glad to be part of group of great people here with MFP!

Embrace your forties you are smarter and more determined then at any other point in your life, you know what you want and how to get it. I'm 47 and loving life.