The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Moka_86
    Moka_86 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, feel free to add me :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Happy Friday my fellow "middle agers"! Hope y'alls week was less stressful than mine and that y'all have a awesome weekend!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I skated today, I curled today. I was sore so I cleaned my fridge and oven

I'm a little tired and sore now. Can't wait for this darn thing to get repaired

You'll be back stronger than ever!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    If you need any more reason to get fit or stay fit, my pre op assessment took all of 30 minutes because I am "easy". No meds, no health issues, I'm fit so the biggest issue was my sensitivity to adhesive and telling the dr I get nervous around needles but I'll be ok cause they have professional hand holders. I figured staying in shape would be a big help with this whole process.

But that's it. I'm all set. October 16, 10:25 I'm getting repaired.

Happy Friday
  • stanatedj
    stanatedj Posts: 1 Member
    54 year old - Tried working out but that didn't really result in much weight loss so now amidst a food lifestyle change - Trying to eat less than 1500 calories a day and into month 4 - Down about 35 pounds at this point. Resetting my goals to be even lower than I originally had. So far so good. Time for some life changes.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Work week over peeps! Lets have a great evening and weekend!
  • AliNouveau
    edited October 2019
    TomFit18 wrote: »

Yay any fun plans?
  • Kizzandra
    Kizzandra Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all, I'm back at it! Summer in Brisbane always makes me wistful for swimming, so I am becoming more of a regular at the Aquatic Centre + Health Club. Love strength training, spin, Zumba/dance, and pole. Really wanting to try arial yoga. Aside from working full time, I am heavily involved in theatre, snowboard every chance I get, and love to sing in public. Friend me up - I'd love the motivation.

Heaps of weight to lose, but all good things in time. I heard of something called bombshell training - which is apparently strength training, but you get to keep your curves, and the muscles stay long and lean rather than getting big. I'd love to know more - Has anyone run across this style of training?
  • TomFit18

Yay any fun plans?

Had drinks with friends tonight. A wedding tomorrow... going solo! So is that considered fun?
  • AliNouveau

Yay any fun plans?

Had drinks with friends tonight. A wedding tomorrow... going solo! So is that considered fun?

I love weddings so all weddings are fun

I have a non stop weekend. No rest for the wicked
  • TomFit18
    Hey peeps............378pbwyo63hy.gif
  • pghgyrl61
    pghgyrl61 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello not sure if I’m doing this correctly. I’m 58, looking for suggestions anyone might have regarding the inner tube that has decided to attach itself to my waist as a result of my new friend, menopause. Please add me to group.
  • kygator864u
    kygator864u Posts: 5 Member
    Oh darlin I know what you mean. Full menopause as of earlier this year. I have the pregnant belly look with mine. 😆 only think I know to do are those lay on your side leg raises and donkey kicks for the spare tube. I use to watch tv and do side bends but I’m too old for those now but dang I miss that 23” waist. We won’t discuss my inches now. But google waist and hip excercises or look some YouTube vids up as well. I think I will do the same. (((Hugs)))
  • I’m almost 35, does that count?
  • marescatrey0616
    marescatrey0616 Posts: 27 Member
    Good day to be on two wheels! Needed a break from the routine. Still managed to get my burn in this morning. .2y51izd7gw3w.jpeg
    wsryh44op490.jpeg
  • LostIrish85
    LostIrish85 Posts: 21 Member
    Could do with more friends, about to hit mid 30’s and need to lose 40lbs 😊
  • Happy Sunday MFP world! Hoping you have a most fantastic day. :-)
  • TomFit18
    Good morning my friends...have a great day!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning middle-agers. Hoping you all have a great Sunday :)