The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy weekend everyone
    We went to our winter agricultural fair today. Lotsa walking
    I am keeping up with my shoulder rehab and I already can feel a difference. I definitely have more range of motion. It's all very exciting haha
    Have a good Sunday when it comes

That's great news! Enjoy your Sunday!

Nice new profile pic looks nice a summery. We're wintry now

I'm happy with my progress so far. Quicker would be good but I'll get there. I want to curl again and not make my return for the playoffs which is seems my team is on track of making if they keep up their winning streaks
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Monday! Winter is coming early this year, 1-2" of snow expected tonight and 10 degrees for a low tomorrow, yuck!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning peeps!
  • AliNouveau
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Monday! Winter is coming early this year, 1-2" of snow expected tonight and 10 degrees for a low tomorrow, yuck!

Yikes! Going to be nice here today. Tomorrow is a different story.

We were supposed to get a lot if snow overnight. We didn't. Now it looks like this afternoon. We shall see.
  • HeyThereFatMan
    HeyThereFatMan Posts: 10 Member
    Morning everyone... I'm a friggin' mess and could use some middle aged friends. You know who you are -- you hurt more, you gain easier, you can eat cheese by the pound (ok maybe that's just me) anyway, add me if you're looking for support and looking to offer some!

-E
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    To add to the above, we learned to use a slide rule and an abacus in school, the first calculators were just coming out and were very expensive. How many people can use a slide rule or abacus, or even know what they are? Now you can do everything on your phone(except make a good voice call).

Yes. I sometimes wonder why they taught us all that stuff that we no longer use. I still remember my Sharp EL-507 scientific calculator I got around 1980 when the school allowed us to start using them in class.

I have baffled a few youngsters on construction sites by pulling out a pencil and doing some old fashioned arithmetic on a notepad. I find their reactions amusing. HAHA! :D

Back in the 1980s I had a customer who wouldn't accept computer generated invoices. He always double checked with pencil and paper, just in case of errors.

I know several people who won't trust computers. My mother hates that dad's retirement check is now direct deposit only, and she refuses to pay anything online - writes a check every month. Claims its safer that way; I can't get her to understand that she's giving people her account number with every check she writes, and sending it through the mail.....not to mention that her check gets uploaded to a digital system once it gets to the recipient.

I even overheard some folks talking about the same thing in church last night, how they hate that they don't get pay stubs anymore and how they still write checks for everything.
  • AliNouveau
    Morning everyone... I'm a friggin' mess and could use some middle aged friends. You know who you are -- you hurt more, you gain easier, you can eat cheese by the pound (ok maybe that's just me) anyway, add me if you're looking for support and looking to offer some!

-E

Put down the Oreo!!!

I am possibly the only person in the world who doesn't like Oreos
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    Happy Monday!!! Thanks to any vets out there ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I just came off working 26 of 28 days and now have had yesterday and today off finally. So nice to have no official alarm, but the dogs usually work as one not long after! My home region Seahawks on MNF this eve, guessing I might splurge and deep fry some razor clams for the game. But just had nice loss, ate pretty low yesterday, and should be able to rest of week.... So game n food the plan is :) I hope everyone kicks some butt this week!
  • HeyThereFatMan
    HeyThereFatMan Posts: 10 Member

-E

Put down the Oreo!!!

yep. you're it. it's science.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member

You are not alone. *shudder*
  • AliNouveau

You are not alone. *shudder*

I like you. Haha there's just something weird the cookie part doesn't taste like chocolate the icing doesn't taste like vanilla.
  • AliNouveau

-E

Put down the Oreo!!!

yep. you're it. it's science.

Science is real as they say
    But now I've found a kindred Oreo hating spirit
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Oreos are properly grim. I've never understood why some people like them.
  • AliNouveau
    I think there's gonna be a rumble a la wear side story! The oreo lovers vs the Oreo haters
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Oreos: meh. They're okay, but I don't see what the fuss is about. Tim Tams on the other hand! Just do me a favour and hide the box or there will be no control
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    My doctor has finally typed the letter my insurer needs to authorise my operation. They called me to say they had faxed it to the insurer. I called the insurer to see what the decision was. The insurer said they had not received the fax.

The process started around 20 days ago.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning peeps! Happy Tuesday...hope you all have a great one!
  • AliNouveau
    drmwc wrote: »
    My doctor has finally typed the letter my insurer needs to authorise my operation. They called me to say they had faxed it to the insurer. I called the insurer to see what the decision was. The insurer said they had not received the fax.

The process started around 20 days ago.

Geez this is ridiculous. Thank goodness it wasn't a life or death kinda thing