The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Ok American middle agers....tell me your Thanksgiving plans please. We had thanksgiving in October but I have a turkey breast I'm going to roll up with some stuffing because turkey + stuffing = life

Ok dramatic but it's my favourite meal ever!!!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Smoked turkey breast here. That is the only dish I am responsible for (that and the shopping, which is already done.) I know there will be dressing made with my Mom's recipe, but I'm not a big dressing fan. Green beans and cranberries and garlic mashers are on my radar. Finish with some of my daughter's blackberry pie and some rye whiskey. Some time around midday the pup will get a long walk.
  • AliNouveau
    I like the sound of blackberry pie and I like the sound of @IslandGal3 's massive feast.

What is stuffed ham? What do you stuff in it
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Thanksgiving is usually my holiday, so the only thing I'm letting mom fix is the ham.

I'm slow roasting my turkey over night, and I already have 2 pumpkin pies made. Plan to make a pecan one tonight, and get my sweet potatoes roasted for the sweet potato casserole. Since I'm slow roasting the bird, I can't stuff it, so I'm putting my stuffing/dressing in the crockpot - that's the closest I've ever gotten to in the bird!

I also am making roasted carrots, parsnips, & brussel sprouts with bacon, broccoli casserole, cranberry sauce, and homemade dinner rolls.

The bird goes in the electric roaster and the stuffing in the crockpot; I've never tried it, but I wonder if I can bake both casseroles at the same time? I may try that!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Ok American middle agers....tell me your Thanksgiving plans please. We had thanksgiving in October but I have a turkey breast I'm going to roll up with some stuffing because turkey + stuffing = life

today is my favvvv as far as food
    I love turkey, stuffing with mashed potatoes and gravy all over everything
    Pumpkin pie and warm apple pie w whipped cream is the best!!!
    kim
  • AliNouveau
    i have never heard of stuffing a ham

gravy really is the best thing ever isn't it
  • AliNouveau
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »

kim

I have to agree with you Kim! Gravy on everything! I get looked at cause I put all my food in a bowl. Lol.
    Except the pumpkin pie. That has it's own bowl with whipped cream!🤤

I make awesome gravy so when I plate food I'll pour some on and then serve extra in a ramekin and basically make bread or something to dip and soak up all the gravy. Yum
  • AliNouveau

kim

I have to agree with you Kim! Gravy on everything! I get looked at cause I put all my food in a bowl. Lol.

I make awesome gravy so when I plate food I'll pour some on and then serve extra in a ramekin and basically make bread or something to dip and soak up all the gravy. Yum

Great idea on putting some in a ramekin on the side.
    I'm not much of a cook so that why I go to my sisters to have her Thanksgiving food. Ha ha.

Cooking and baking are my thing. I just dropped off a loaf of fresh bread to the neighbours
  • TracyNew75
    TracyNew75 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi! My name is Tracy and I am 44, and mostly here to maintain. I have been lifting with dumbbells recently, and love it. I would love some friends to support each other! Feel free to add me!
  • bmeadows380

kim

and the pumpkin pie has so much whipped cream on it that you can't see the piece of pie under it all :)
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day! Happy Thanksgiving! And for those of you who don't have to work Friday, have a great weekend!
  • bmeadows380
    Ugh - my area is under a high wind advisory tonight and into tomorrow. Here's hoping the power stays on long enough to bake the turkey and get dinner made! Thankfully, I'm on the main part of the circuit close to the substation source!

But I also work for the power company and may find myself called in to help dispatch trouble crews. In that case, I'm hoping the power and internet stay on at my house so I can work from home; otherwise, I'll have to go into the service center and give mom the turkey and ingredients......

At least I got the pies all made - 2 pumpkin and 1 pecan. So the most important part is ready and waiting on us :smiley:
  • AliNouveau
    Ugh - my area is under a high wind advisory tonight and into tomorrow. Here's hoping the power stays on long enough to bake the turkey and get dinner made! Thankfully, I'm on the main part of the circuit close to the substation source!

But I also work for the power company and may find myself called in to help dispatch trouble crews. In that case, I'm hoping the power and internet stay on at my house so I can work from home; otherwise, I'll have to go into the service center and give mom the turkey and ingredients......

At least I got the pies all made - 2 pumpkin and 1 pecan. So the most important part is ready and waiting on us :smiley:

We're supposed to have a wild weather day here too. Luckily we all escape the wind but we have rain. i had wanted to get my snow tires put on but i walk home the 1km so i'm not doing that in the rain that's for sure. fingers crossed your hydro is ok
  • AliNouveau
    edited November 2019

kim

Great idea on putting some in a ramekin on the side.
    I'm not much of a cook so that why I go to my sisters to have her Thanksgiving food. Ha ha.

Cooking and baking are my thing. I just dropped off a loaf of fresh bread to the neighbours

That's awesome you do that for your neighbors!
    I'm a little jealous I'm not one of your neighbors cause I would have loved a fresh baked bread.

we live in the city and share a driveway. If I have suff i'mm text and tell her what it is then say meet me at he side door. she has 3 sons and wow they can eat a lot so i know anything i give them will be devoured