The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy hump day! Two more days until my surgery, then a month off work with very little activity. Kind of looking forward to the time away from work, but I'm sure I will be going crazy just sitting on my *kitten*.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Have a great day! :)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Good morning everyone. ☕️ I am feeling SO good today. I’ve been sleeping so well lately. It’s morning here and I have the day off...I’m trying to decide if I should clean my house or get a big workout in while it’s quiet here. 🤔
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I went out last night and saw a bunch of friends. It's good for the soul I think to get out and chat with friends.
    I always tell people losing weight and getting fit are two things but don't forget the mind. We need to look after it too
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    That is such a good point! ^ Glad you had a fun night. I’m due for one of those 🤔
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Steadily chipping away at the weight I gained in Nov. I think I actually might have found my acceptance with feeling hungry again. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Kiansha
    Kiansha Posts: 4 Member
    New to the group and would like to make some friends 😁
  • AKDiscer
    AKDiscer Posts: 31 Member
    About to hit the little 40 in a few weeks, almost 1/2 way dead *dance*
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Steadily chipping away at the weight I gained in Nov. I think I actually might have found my acceptance with feeling hungry again. 🤷🏽‍♀️

That's the hardest part. We're just not programmed to enjoy that feeling are we? Glad you've found your groove
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    You know you're getting old when someone calls you to chat about shoulder repair surgery and another friend calls to chat because she's in the hospital after having a hip replacement.

I'm glad I could chat with the one friend about shoulder surgery. She was really nervous and I managed to tell her she'll be ok. It's not as bad as people say it is

My dad has had both hips replaced within a year of each other in his early 60's. His older sister, who is actually a very fitness conscious person, had to have one done this year. Probably something I'll have to look forward to in coming years.......

just like carpal tunnel surgery, which will probably end up being in my future within 10 years.

But hey, I figure parts don't like forever, even on vintage cars, and I'm grateful I live in a day and age where the replacements are available!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    AKDiscer wrote: »
    About to hit the little 40 in a few weeks, almost 1/2 way dead *dance*

depends - you might actually be 3/4 way dead as you won't really know until it happens........

I find it rather amusing the things my mind does. Most people get to 39 and stay 39 forever, right? Me? I turned 39 and my mind has been thinking "40" all year long since; I actually have had to pause a moment to think of the right age! So I suppose I'm going to be 40 for 2 years in a row......lol
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    jwd574 wrote: »
    Well, I'm officially 40. So far so good. Lol

It's not bad. Best years are in front of you if you choose not to get "old"

I don't think I'll ever get old. I'm having too much fun!!

I agree. I feel the older I get the more I act like my kids 11 and 13yrs. 🤦‍♂️🤓

Yes exactly. I have an almost 14 year old, 9 year old and 4 year old so I think they keep me young too.
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning peeps! Have a great day! :)

Same to you.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    46 years old here! MFP has been successful for me in the past, so back on the wagon again!
  • k9drea
    k9drea Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. 57 year old here, just got into exercise classes in July this year (9 classes a week). I was doing Slimming World but since starting at the gym, I'm not losing any weight so going the calorie counting route
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy hump day! Two more days until my surgery, then a month off work with very little activity. Kind of looking forward to the time away from work, but I'm sure I will be going crazy just sitting on my *kitten*.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery, Mike!

• VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    jwd574 wrote: »
    Well, I'm officially 40. So far so good. Lol

It's not bad. Best years are in front of you if you choose not to get "old"

I don't think I'll ever get old. I'm having too much fun!!

I agree. I feel the older I get the more I act like my kids 11 and 13yrs. 🤦‍♂️🤓

Yes exactly. I have an almost 14 year old, 9 year old and 4 year old so I think they keep me young too.

I’m a mom of 3 also! Mine are 14, 11, and 7
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Morning all.

I had no power last night from about 10.30 pm. I think it came back on at around 3.30 a.m., so it's good now, and I got an early night's sleep.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps...hope you all have a great day! Weekend is getting closer!
  • MellOnTheMove
    MellOnTheMove Posts: 63 Member
    Gooood mornin' all! First time back in the gym in over 2 weeks.. I feel it. Man do I feel it.