Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:
Possible Fitbit Downtime Thursday, November 14th between 22:30 and 23:00 PDT. Please see our Support Announcement for more details.

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• VersicolourVersicolour Posts: 5,931Member Member Posts: 5,931Member Member
    Busy Saturday. Black belt grading prep then printing for work. Studying all afternoon followed by a massage (giving, not receiving). Now it is time to start supper
  • MacMomma8MacMomma8 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hey! I just joined MFP, and hoping to join this group to connect and share ideas.
  • Cventura0513Cventura0513 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hello everybody, my name is Claudia. This is my first time posting in forum.

Anybody from Las Vegas, NV?
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Posts: 326Member, Premium Member Posts: 326Member, Premium Member
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 2,490Member Member Posts: 2,490Member Member
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! Back to reality...hope you all have great Monday!
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 1,608Member Member Posts: 1,608Member Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Monday. Fell off the wagon pretty hard the last couple weeks, weight back up to 192 this morning. Ready to get back into the groove. Joining a new gym this week, so a little nervous about that, but it is more like a real gym and not a social club like the Planet Fitness I just left.

It happens to us all. Deep breath....and begin again. Enjoy the new gym!
  • pecabonitaspecabonitas Posts: 142Member, Premium Member Posts: 142Member, Premium Member

I am all too familiar with falling off the wagon.... nothing beats a failure but a try..... it really is impossible to fail if you do not quit.... I have been gaining and losing for over 15 years..... I know that is really bad, but what can I do but to try again? I can go to all the doctors who scare me and tell me I’m slowly killing myself.... I can talk to those who care about me and tell me hard things for me to swallow as well but real change doesn’t come until you make that decision in your mind, and you did! You caught it and you’re doing something about it so kudos to you! We can and we will do this!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,152Member Member Posts: 34,152Member Member

Hey Mike you'll be great. Just cause it's a "real" gym doesn't mean people won't be friendly and helpful. I find in this situations you find that more. You will find your spot
  • debzd72debzd72 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,759Member Member Posts: 1,759Member Member
    debzd72 wrote: »
    Hi, 46, desperately wanting to lose weight and tone up, any advice on finding some motivation? I love food and hate the gym 🤔
    You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight. Just burn more calories than you eat. Lots of folks here have lost weight without intense exercise. Start logging your food every day. After a couple of weeks, you can look at your diary and start making changes to your food intake.
  • riffraff2112riffraff2112 Posts: 1,495Member Member Posts: 1,495Member Member
    52 here, always willing to chat about fitness and health. Been at this for awhile and welcome new friends.
  • ccookie1111ccookie1111 Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    Hey all. Happy rainy Monday from Alabama. Today is the day that I am starting (yet again) back on plan. I am thinking I will take baby steps and start with lazy keto. Would love to have new friends for sharing motivation and info. Have a good one.
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. I need to get up and start cooking. I've done lots of prep already.

Two more days and I get my surgery. In two days I'll be at the hospital getting ready. Eek.

The big day is almost here. We will be here cheering you on while you're on the road to recovery.
    I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Eat all the goodies!
  • AnalhselfAnalhself Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Hi! I am new on this forums (not to MFP). I would like to add accountability friends. In the past, like 5 years ago, you could do a search with people that had a similar journey to yours (Pounds to lose, age, etc...) is that still around?
    What would be a good place to start?
    Guidance will be greatly appreciated! :smile:
  • RiderOfWesternRiderOfWestern Posts: 7,592Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter MFP Moderator Posts: 7,592Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter MFP Moderator
    Analhself wrote: »
    Hi! I am new on this forums (not to MFP). I would like to add accountability friends. In the past, like 5 years ago, you could do a search with people that had a similar journey to yours (Pounds to lose, age, etc...) is that still around?
    What would be a good place to start?
    Guidance will be greatly appreciated! :smile:

You may find this forum thread very helpful:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,152Member Member Posts: 34,152Member Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. I need to get up and start cooking. I've done lots of prep already.

Two more days and I get my surgery. In two days I'll be at the hospital getting ready. Eek.

The big day is almost here. We will be here cheering you on while you're on the road to recovery.

Awww thanks you are too kind
    We were just debating whether to keep the boy home from school That day. He's really sensitive and I worry he might be upset at school. He's used to his grandparents having surgeries but it's different with mom
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

Awww thanks you are too kind
    We were just debating whether to keep the boy home from school That day. He's really sensitive and I worry he might be upset at school. He's used to his grandparents having surgeries but it's different with mom

Awww. I hope he doesn't have any issues.
    edited October 14